The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Phew ….It would have been handy to know this during the grow.to watch out for.

Hopefully I think I got it in time

P J

2 Likes

Possible…I did smoke some lovely weed in Duluth.

Folks don’t understand how big the lakes are…a highlight …two trips I done have very fond memories of my time there.

We had to get out of there second trip as the freeze came to the st Lawrence …get caught in there you lose a lot of money…ye happy days…hope u don’t mind me sharing a memory

P J

5 Likes

I think thats part of the Highlight here on OG. Out of the blue, We share these odd spin-offs with one another.
Ahoy !

4 Likes

We have those here, too. They’re nearly as big as crows.

1 Like

If a plant is incapable of making a few seeds on its own, it ain’t worth messing around with.

3 Likes

@MissinBissin

More on the Panama hat.

It’s Carnival weekend here.( parades, fiestas and generally a big piss up.

Down in Los Santos the guys wear them in different styles…especially to catch the eye of some Senorita.

The real Panama Hat is the sombrero pintado, or pinta’o. You’ll see a lot of them over the next four days of Carnival. You’ll want to pay attention to how they are worn. If the front bill is down, he’s sad; if it’s up, he’s a fighter; if the back is up, he’s secretly looking for girls; and if both are up, he’s very happy, but also very manly.

A post I done for a Facebook page today.

P J

15 Likes

Well Hot Damn, thats a funky hat, my brims are up; Sold

A Wonderful Hat!

The last thing I want to wear on my head @Panamajock is a “Rons Towing” ball-hat.

Another great example, dignity and a foolproof design, I’m in

5 Likes

What kashmir did you use in the kashmir x oxacan?

2 Likes

Nothing? No one heard anything? I figured someone must have seen something grown. He had 7 or 8 Mexican strains available at one time.

True. They are fems that carry the same herm trait, however severe momma had it. @Panamajock if a plant gets pollinated so late in the flower cycle the seeds don’t even form, if harvest is soon after pollination. You’re good at least a week, maybe two, before any forming seeds are big enough to pop when smoked, or before you’d be able to taste them in the smoke, depending on how fast they grow.

5 Likes

Thanks Yawl for Sharing , @panama , @Elpolloloco. @ Upstate. ,
Holy crap @deeez99 ! Those plants are the stuff of dreams! Got any beans to Punta, Corinto
Soo. We’d be ready a jump start tropical thanks…
OverGrow The World with organic Herbs ,Peace

3 Likes

You’re the first to see them as far as I know, but I mentioned it back when I did the preservation

2 Likes

Slide Mt. Highest peak in the Catskills. 4200’ or so.
The last Guadalajara is a female! I’m happy the 3 mexi strains weren’t a total bust. I’ll get a picture later. This is definitely a pure one.

5 Likes

Ye I get it… I’ve become a nanner spotter as well as a rouge male spotter LOL
I cut the other one today …. …just in case….looks ripe enough.
What about that little Mangobiche I showed a few weeks ago, she is still in flower 14/15 weeks flower and still hitting out pistils ( slowing down now.

At first I didn’t think this plant would have made it…( stuck outside in the garden…she turned it round…hardy plant)
Turned out nice …and ye another long flowerer, with nice thin leaves.

Small but there are some nice bud there…

P J

16 Likes

Those are good skills to have. I even started a hermie thread to keep my herm spotting skills sharpened. When I look for ginseng… I walk around with the first plant I find in my hands until my eye gets used to the shape and color. Then I begin to spot them much quicker and easier. Growing Hermaphrodites?

That’s a little chubby one isn’t it? Great quality to have. That shape comes from the short pine flavored Oaxaca. @TexasTea I recognize your pheno now. It’s one of the two short ones I had in the beginning. One tasted of pine and one tasted like yours smells. I had a little immature sample, and your cut is very psychedelic. Definitely best to put it in a big container and give it some veg time. I’m glad I didn’t flower all the cuttings. Definitely want to get one big

8 Likes

Hi :slightly_smiling_face:

Vol. 19, 1967
GLOSSARY OF TERMS USED IN PLANT BREEDING

Term was around before hot wheels haha :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

9 Likes

Who is it that was offering these? Sorry I missed it.

3 Likes

@Motaco Pantagruelion seeds. Someone posted a link a while back here in the thread, but it was removed or I couldn’t find it.

9 Likes

I stand corrected… it was just obsolete before cannabis breeders dragged it out of the grave kicking and screaming, I guess. :stuck_out_tongue: And in that case, it’s not particularly fungible, and the dude at CS is not being creatively insane but is just flat-out wrong to refer to his F2s as S1s.

2 Likes

For sure. Not sure why he insists on s1 terminology.

4 Likes