The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Great job.

Smashing to see that Red Snake slithering again…great plant to grow…and a smoke I like mucho.

Well done

P J

10 Likes

Nice top buds coming in!

6 Likes

Red Snake ripening up nicely, picking up some floral fuel notes on this one. Just about 9 weeks into flower.

'93 Mexican All Star moving right along at week 4 of flower. @Motaco’s cut! Some really nice fruity smells on this one. I don’t usually notice this strong of smell this early but it’s really nice.

Also started some Nanan Bouclou seedlings too as I’ve been anticipating this one. Many thanks @YoBigdaddy!

24 Likes

Cayo heuso by @Hyp3

@Panamajock @Upstate take a look at the babies

17 Likes

Looking great! She is a fast flowerer too! 8-9 weeks.

6 Likes

Hermosa

Off to a great start Paps …really healthy lookers.

P J

5 Likes

Hola your RS looking great.

And digging the Nanan Boo Boos …They grow fast …Lol

P J

5 Likes

…some nice pics on pg 19-20 of this thread

6 Likes

What’s the scoop with that one? Haven’t heard of it yet.
Here’s the purple “Chiapas”. I half wonder if someone planted Ace PCK down there. I’m getting a faint strawberry bubblegum aroma that matches Ace description. All 3 ladies are Purple. This one was picked last night at week 10. Pinks and Purples in the bud, just like pck. Smokes good, but I nearly chucked it( a few lower buds), then decided " when in Rome, do as the Romans."
So, I’ll cross this Pakistani strain with something from Pakistan and keep it in the family.

It’s most definitely a Chitral.

17 Likes

I think this is the same one.

P J

10 Likes

Thanks @Panamajock. Nice distraction.
It’s a little frosty at the office today😁

12 Likes

Don’t u be slip sliding at work…

Ye a Bonnie plant that Cayo Hueso

Take care

P J

3 Likes

Thanks for posting….very informative…picking up some nice vibes from those grows…and good ratings from growers.

Vivar N B

P J

5 Likes

Wow, that Red Snake is killer! It ripens rather quickly once it reaches this stage is my experience. I have noticed this every time, it seems like you’re chugging along just getting started filling out, and boom! She starts fading out and a week later is dropping leaves. Someone told me not to be afraid to harvest on the earlier side and I have found that to be accurate for most of the RS plants…I have one plant in a jar right now that is a few months into the curing and she still has a sweet floral quality, and I get subtle rose flavors on some of the buds. Such good smoke and really one of my all time favorites! Just dropped four more seeds this week and will hopefully get a girl or two.

My two Pearly Oaxacan females are just starting to throw some white hairs, staying compact and they have not been topped. I put a small oil filled heater in my little flower room this week and piled up some bricks behind it to help hold onto some of that heat. I’m curious how much more performance I can get if I boost the average temps 10 degrees.

11 Likes

O79 x Malawi Gold…getting close to chop. She has a musk and fuel aroma, very sticky.

Cryptic Labs Oaxacan pearly pheno from Deez…early days but seems on point for now. :slight_smile:

I’m all in on Alpine Strawberries this year, started from seed. Also been taking advantage of lights to play with some flowers.

21 Likes

Those alpine strawberries are fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire

5 Likes

Oh man, I have both red and white varieties! The white supposedly have a slight pineapple flavor and are ignored by birds and squirrels. We shall see, but they will be going outside in April and I hope to start getting some fruit this summer. Shitload of plants! :wink:

15 Likes

Ty @Panamajock for the information

2 Likes

I’m getting that as well, becoming a fav…and smokes great with a cure.

Ps. Beautiful grow areas you have TT .spotless, everything labeled…some great veg as well.

I’m well impressed.

Top Noche

P J

3 Likes

There is a dwarf version of the pearls. I only found one so far, but they exist. Talk about a skimpy yield . I was actually looking for 1 until I found it… And then wondered why i’d been looking, lol. Project scrapped :rofl:
(Yours doesn’t look to be a dwarf.)Nice projects you have going. I love strawberries myself. So much better tasting grown yourself, and those alpine strawberries have epic flavor. :yum:
Oaxaca x Malawi looks really good👍

9 Likes