The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Certainly looks like the one! Yours is a hell of a lot fuller than mine though…must be warmer and a bigger pot. :smiley: I just stuck my last couple in flower this morning. I think I might give her a break and try something new this spring. I have so many seeds I have never gotten to…@deez, looks like maybe two of those pearly Oaxacans might be girls.

8 Likes

Looking sweet! How are the aromas? I’m thinking of dropping a couple of these seeds this spring in the hopes of finding that delicious spicy floral honeysuckle pheno…

6 Likes

That was outdoors a few years ago, mid summer, so I cheated😁. These really do perform the best under the sun. Indoor you did this cut more justice than I’m doing. Mine are maybe 20 inches tall. I should have went ahead and put the cuttings in a big pot straight off when starting flowering, but it looked like it was a bigger pheno when looking at your photos. Every time I see the same plant grown by someone else, It doesn’t really look like the same one. Pretty neat how much environment can change these.

8 Likes

Well the cuts I flowered out last year were much better yielding than the current ones. I have to assume it’s just temperature since everything else is the same. I will freeze some of my current jars and move on to other cultivars for a bit. It’s terrible how you can have some of the best dope in the world and still wonder what else is out there, hehe… :slight_smile:

9 Likes

@Papalag

Clone of Am/Haze x Choc Rain Escobar repro

These feather ,pearly flower pheno clones grew great.

The other phenos were good …but this one …hits you hard it’s a fantastic smoke…I’ve only being toking it a couple of days and I’m hooked…phycadelic type hit…and so fucking deep …you just don’t do anything but plan schemes in your head…LOL…great hit…

I’m sure I will get right into that Parallel World with this gear.

Great start to the year.

P J

25 Likes

Guadalajara looking happier now.
@Panamajock sounds like a good potent smoke. Awake but spaced out type?

12 Likes

I haven’t seen this but I always pollinate a lower branch that way I am guaranteed seeds (as far as guarantees go).

4 Likes

@Panamajock Nice haul! Do you have a preference between the AmnesiaHaze/Chocolate Rain vs the Oaxaca/Chocolate Rain?

6 Likes

LOL …a very good question amigo.

No preference at all…both very equal in my eyes.

The AmnesiaHaze/Chocolate Rain .(Escobar repro’)
It .was a lovely grow and we had one real Amnesia Haze leaner with the red viens …and the others real nice females as well.
I’ve always loved Am/Haze …back in the day it was big in holland and the cafes of Rotterdam…and was well named.

(

The Oxaca x choc rain from @Papalag ) was definitely a great cross , I’ve always wanted to grow Choc rain…and a really think after growing them with no problems, Healthy plants …was well pleased.

This strain produced the two pearl feathery plants , which blew me away….and I’m still liking it…lovely tall slender plants.

Smoke reports will need to come later as I’ve smoked so much different strains past few weeks…

In conclusion would recommend, no nanners LOL

But I do have some seeds of both strains left…and definitely pencilled in for a comparison grow side by side.
The icing on the cake would be to source some Chocolate rain seeds) Dat would be interesting .

P JIMG_3574

OXACA x Choc rain

15 Likes

Those weren’t my pics. But personally, I love the scraggly, wispy calyx flower types. I’ll try to track down some pics of punto rojo that was grown round here.

3 Likes

I might have a pack from Worcestshire Farms repro. I’ll keep in mind you are seeking them next time i see them. I have many stash boxes and I’m not sure what one it’s in. I’ll send them if my memory is correct. Might be " box of chocolates" strain that I’m remembering… anyone recall?

5 Likes

Sounds like The Chocolate Rain is worthy of a repro.

4 Likes

I’ve heard a lot of good things about it. Maybe @Papalag grew it?

1 Like

I think it has been done …it’s finding out where to source original

P J

5 Likes

I re our friend islayharts repoed these years ago

They originally came from Escobar

I may have a few left I’ll look some time today

Paps

6 Likes

Chocolate Rain definately needs a Repro. I’m down if anybody has the beans. Mine were lost back in 2015 when I moved. However, I’ve gotten CR phenotypes in CR crosses and love them. Currently, the only CR cross I do not have is Mochalope by Dynasty seeds. Raspberry Haze and Raspberry Truffle were amazing. I actually grabbed like three packs and will buy more. One day, when I return home to 19N, I will do a huge 30 plants outdoor grow of Raspberry Haze aka Amnesia Haze x Chocolate Rain.

Blew everyone away and was far stronger in effect than the cut with the lemony with cocaine powder kind of smell of Amnesia that is running around in Spain (most likely a SSH cut).

5 Likes

diggy’s box of chocolates was his mix of strains …

The oldest seeds, and maybe my favorite in the bunch, are the Durban Poison x Hippy Slayer, harvested in July 2020. She produced these beautiful, charcoal grey, coke-bottle shaped seeds. Hands-down, easiest to pick out of the crowd. She was pollinated by my newest Male Azad Kashmir, chosen because he’s a carbon copy of his mother. The Kashmir should bring the flower time down by a couple weeks, while doubling down on the engine-exhaust / paint thinner terps and bright-sativa effects of the Hippy Poison.

The Bubba Kush, Sweet Tooth, and the Herijuana are the gigantic seeds in the mix, and the fastest flowering; but a bit difficult to tell apart. They were all harvested outdoors in the end of September, maybe early October. A buddy of mine did the work. He used a different male Azad Kashmir, that leans more towards the hashplant side of the line.

If you look to the smallest seeds of the bunch, the Mangobiche x 88G13HP mother will tend to show up. Out of all of her sisters, all the same height at flip, she was the only one to bolt up to 4 feet. She is the spear in this picture, harvested indoors around September / October. I only included seeds from that one female in the Box of Chocolates because her sisters weren’t as interesting imho. The father is my Male Kashmir.

5 Likes

Those plants came from the box of chocs from W F

1 Like

@YoBigdaddy

Nanan Bouclou…7 weeks 2 days …verged at six.

Stretching well…and some signs of sexing.

P J

17 Likes

Red Snakes, day 53. Any other strain and I’d be wondering how soon I can harvest, but these ladies are just getting started.

20 Likes