The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

It would be worth growing for sure!

What I would love to see would be some 12 finger genetics. :slight_smile: Are they around do you think?

8 Likes

Hey guys, my seed vendor just concluded business by refunding me for a seemingly lost 12 pack of Oaxacan gold from cryptic.

Incase they don’t show up at his place and or i csnt buy them from him anymore I would love to get a reproduction if possible.

6 Likes

There was a cryptic labs Oaxacan repro done by @upstate a couple years ago so lots floating around.
@TexasTea that O79xMG just sounds better and better to me. Did you make those seeds yourself or were they purchased.

@upstate yes I did a germ test and 13/13 popped and 3 of those went to soil. So far 2 going ATM! Glad they arrived they have been dried and should be good to go or store which ever lol. If the 2 I have end up female I’m gonna grow both out and see what we get. Also will be outside where the insane desert sun can make big heavy buds!

7 Likes

No no, they were a gift from Mustafunk on IC Mag. He was the grower who first grew out the O79 line and selected the best female for Charlie Garcia of Cannabiogen. He does not often share seeds but these were a personal project I guess. :wink:

11 Likes

Damn another beautiful cross lost to time I guess. Glad you get to enjoy her!

4 Likes

Wasnt there a O79 x 12 fingers Line produced?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure he used Seeds of Africa malawi, but don’t quote me on that.

1 Like

No
Kaiki/Charlie Garcia sent me the Oaxaca 79 S1 (isn’t from 79 btw ) to search it a pure male to get regular seeds .
So at that same year, i found a very old and rare female from a unknow mexican strain
So i used that female and a Oaxacan male to create 12 fingers line.
Also i used the same male to made regular seeds with the Oaxaca 79 S1 .
Recently i got again “Oaxaca 79 x Oaxaca” f3 seeds from a great spanish grower that keep the line since that time.

17 Likes

No
He used the old Malawi from the Swiss seed bank
“Greenhornet” .

7 Likes

Thanks …sounds good!

4 Likes

There is also another Mexican from Cryptic Labs.

15 Likes

I knew you would bro.

Let’s hope some more receivers feel the same…isn’t hard to be progressive in our growing.

But to make it easier would be nice to see more folks growing them…shows respect for guys like your good self who believes in preservation. True overgrower.

Sticking seeds in a vault …there going to decrease in virility …maybe if you don’t grow…be a OG,r and give them to a friend who will.

The thread is all bout preserving …be nice if more beneficiaries came up to the plate.

Ps. My humble opinion

Who wouldn’t want to show of growing plants like Nanan Bouclou.

P J

17 Likes

Speedy Conzalos approves.

10 Likes

I have 3 or 4 seeds of that Guerrero that someone gifted me. Keep meaning to try popping them…

7 Likes

Out of stock.

4 Likes

I’d be happy to chip in for a group purchase. :wink:

3 Likes

Tonight’s beautiful Sunset on the Isthmus and The Valley of the moon.:crescent_moon:

11 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen a stem as covered with trichomes in some time…@deeez99

19 Likes

You are so spot on with this, I ended up cutting it at about 10.5 weeks which is really fast for this line. It’s curing now so we’ll see.

Really nice looking :drooling_face:

Cool to see the Oaxacan covered in snow haha! Definitely another great characteristic with this line that I love. I don’t even worry about early fall hard frost with these.

Looks killer! How’s that one smelling?

Man sorry to hear about this. Have you heard about “smell training”? I had also read about omega-3 supplementation can aid with nerve regeneration (reference). Plants look really great :heart_eyes:

Yes very impressive stretch on those! It’s impossible (for me) to tell if those were going to turn out as the PS or not earlier.

@TexasTea!! That’s so cool you found the exact mother in the first few plants. That resin is impressive! I know many people will laugh at these plants but they smoke great. They do need to be grown large for a decent yeild but they are also a breeze to trim. Cut em, dry em, flick off a handful of the fan leaves and then it’s all grip n strip. Great job with those!

8 Likes

Thanks man! Yeah, I’m really hoping to get the taller one (much more aroma than the smaller) seeded up with either Red Snake or Cryptic. Hard to know if my pollen is still good or not as last time it didn’t work…

5 Likes