The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Awesome great to hear and that Red Snake combo sounds most interesting. If needed, I have both Oaxacan and Red Snake pollen available to you. :+1:

I think I sent you some Oaxacan PS bx1 x Oldtimerā€™s Haze crosses and itā€™s interesting cause the cross seems to have really bulked up the flower. Only planted 3 seeds and got all females with pretty consistent appearance. Smells are nice too, one is a bit fruity, another is floral/berry, and the one I just cut has a skunky kinda smell to it. They are just shy of 12 weeks flower.

18 Likes

did this girl go full hernie on me?

7 Likes

Dude, that looks absolutely amazing! I will look through my seeds, but I think maybe you did send me those. Itā€™s ringing a bellā€¦ :slight_smile:

5 Likes

punto rojo

32 Likes

punto rojo converts be like

punto gif

9 Likes

Thatā€™s my cue.:rofl:

I took these pictures today. Pearl Stem:

Sheā€™s beautiful! Definitely not worth the space without a net, but so unique and full of promise.

Sheā€™s still stretching and increasing in length but Iā€™ve got about 3 feet before I have to worry. She looks like some local forbs that have adapted to high desert conditions, and I really think with proper placement, this strain would do really well hiding in plain sight. Anyway, I didnā€™t mean to seem like Iā€™m putting her down, because Iā€™m not. Effects and potency are the only things that matter. All she needs is a mini-scrog and Iā€™m happy to oblige.

Uh yeahā€¦ thatā€™s it. :rofl:

13 Likes

Got a repro from this stock real stoked to see how they do outdoor this year

7 Likes

Cool, you will start a thread?

3 Likes

You really in the desert?

What latitude?

Oaxaca holds a lot promiseā€¦hope it works well where you are ā€¦Good to hear about outdoor grow

4 Likes

How was that Malawi? Iā€™ve heard of some great Greenhornet strains, but never came across any seeds, nor seen any pictures of grows.
@420noob some plants throw nanners at the end of flower. My first OP had late nanners on 2 plants that did some unintended pollination, Iā€™m sure. When they do this on me I remove them, Or you can leave a couple for feminized seeds that are also slightly hermie. This trait seems to be related to lighting type in most cases, and with some breeding the trait can be removed.

For sure. You can see right thru it. Even in the spring, before any other plants are green, itā€™s nearly invisible.

Thatā€™s great! Iā€™ve said before.It took nineteen degrees to kill one of these Pearl Stem ladies. 23 didnā€™t do it. Actually didnā€™t even burn the leaves. Great trait. It will finish for you where you live I think @rasterman . Frosts in the upper twenties donā€™t really bother it much. When you get down in the mid twenties it slows it down.

Some cat pee ( go figure! lol. I loves me some pissy plants!)and incense, mostly. I just cut the tops last night. They could have gone another few weeks in some cases, But I need the room right now, and I want to reveg the best for outdoors, so I bit the bullet and chopped the tops.
They look much more impressive in person but hereā€™s some photos. I would have liked to leave them for another few weeks. They seem to keep filling out more and more as they go. Potency is impressive.

Most of the plants turned Black, which was unexpected. Super pretty plants. Canā€™t wait to grow some to their full potential. This time it was two plants per two gallon container. The best plants will get incorporated with Kashmir x Regular Oaxaca

19 Likes

I agree, but somehow it still has great mold resistance to bud rot. It is susceptible to PM, however, if itā€™s grown next to a PM infected plant for 3 or 4 weeks. Good resistance, but not immune if constantly exposed.

5 Likes

@upstate it looks like actual balls growing in the buds not nanner? Is this even possible?
This is also a clone that never hermied any of the 3 times Iā€™ve ran.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a beauty!
@420noob do you have a light leak? Thatā€™s definately unusual.

4 Likes

punto rojo

24 Likes

Hey @rasterman ah man it wasnā€™t my intention to imply anything towards anyone personally! Iā€™m totally with you regarding effects and potency too and itā€™s always a plus to have that nice aroma and flavor. Youā€™ve got a great looking plant there and very much resembles the mother. I canā€™t really zoom in much but does it have that nice covering of resin all over including the stems?

haha nice @Upstate ! Youā€™ve made me a cat pee convert with the peshawar :laughing: Those flower pics look delish. They caught my eye way back when you first posted them with all that resin creeping up on the stems and fan leaves. Is the Kashmir from Shiv? Same one g-pas reproā€™d?

@420noob I actually spotted something similar on one of my plants recently and it never really opened or developed much. I just plucked it off today and seems it was an under developed later flower nanner.

@Arbac beautiful looking leaves on that PR. How close to finishing do you think? Whatā€™s the aromas like on that one?

2 Likes

Itā€™s sticky as hell. Everything, yes. If Iā€™m looking for a special pheno though, I probably didnā€™t find it. All three females are absolutely identical in every way as far as I can tell.

Nah wasnā€™t you, man. Sometimes I say the negatives even though Iā€™m loving a strain, and didnā€™t want anyone to get the wrong idea.

3 Likes

Looking awesome! Is this the CBG strain or something else? Getting aromas yet?

1 Like

Tee, Deeez

The red dot smells like lemon pine, the smell is quite mild, like the classic red dot. The green stem and long leaf stem phenotypes (pheno gold) smell piney with faint lemon. The red stem and dark leaf phenotypes also have a lemon pine smell but with the lemon more marked than the green stem ones. The Bronze Phenotypes smelled more fruity, but they had wider leaves and according to my criteria, I removed them from the reproduction because they did not correspond to the phenotypes I wanted in this reproduction. The plants have a long way to go in flowering, they have at least two and a half months left.

12 Likes

Awesome thanks for the details @Arbac!

2 Likes

I donā€™t remember the latitude but itā€™s New Mexico very close to Albuquerque. I donā€™t think where I live is technically desert. Semi-arid might be more accurate. The altitude (7200ā€™) is what turns it into Canada. :joy:

6 Likes