The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

A necessary bit of advice when dealing with stonersšŸ¤£.

3 Likes

Shit! Missed your Talamanca post. I wish you the best of luck! Find some Gold!

3 Likes

Vulture in Cahuita ā€¦Caribe costa rica. No weed yet.$250 a ounce for Crispiā€¦they can F##k Off.

P J

14 Likes

The place has changed since my last visit hereā€¦itā€™s very touristy here nowā€¦like the rest of Costa Ricaā€¦and the prices are way higher than Panama.
I may go further down to Sixola and Manzanillo tommorow nearer the borderā€¦but the locals here are pulling your hands of to sell Crispi weed at ridiculous pricesā€¦

P J

10 Likes

Is Crispi = Crippy or is that a reference to how the genetics were created (Crispr gene editing)?

3 Likes

Creepy . Crispi, there the same itā€™s the different dialects, Colombians pronounce it different from Ticos and Panamanians.

@Upstate finally got sortedā€¦my tight Scottish negotiating skills got me a half ounce.= $80 ā€¦beats me how tourists will pay $250 an ounce ā€¦

Iā€™ve had one joint and feeling real happy now.

Iā€™ve spoke to a few pushers hereā€¦only one new about the old Talamanica weedā€¦he said itā€™s long

goneā€¦new exactly where I was coming fromā€¦he got me the Crispi weedā€¦nice guy.

Got my weedā€¦now need to find a nice Tica female.tonight LOL

P J

23 Likes

Glad you found some smoke! Now go and enjoy yourselfāœŒļø

7 Likes

Hi bro, red phenoss are recognized by the magenta colors of their stems, petioles and leaf veins. sometimes late flowering in leaves and even flowers. The edges of its leaflets have more marked teeth than pheno gold and the leaflets are a little less thin than pheno gold and have a mitotic use shape.
Gold phenos have green stems and petioles, the leaflets are very long and narrow (they are tableate: they have a similar width along the leaflet)

8 Likes

nicely done!

So got a mix going on here in .75 gal 2 oaxacan seeds i made then
3 santa marta columbian gold
3 nanan
1bshw
2 og s.o.p.
1 punto rojo 74ā€™ oaxacan

guess which 3 are the smcg lol
Some of you might remember my initial line up and notice it has changed a bit. This comes back to the latter half of my name and counts for the ones i killed with kindness.:rofl::sleepy:

18 Likes

Excellent ā€¦keep on trucking amigo.

P J

5 Likes

Question for those who up pot durring flowering - do you think if I up pot at this stage Iā€™ll benefit from increased yield, or is it too late?

This is part Central American - Panama red x (Durban x South African bush sativa)

15 Likes

Canā€™t hurt!

Hereā€™s my three Ace Guatemala plants, after one month of veg. Looking quite uniform so far.

11 Likes

Hopefully that just means his connection is long gone. We need to get into those tribal lands to find it before itā€™s too late. If it isnā€™t already. Not very encouraging info.
@Elpolloloco I think it helps all the way up till fifty or sixty percent into flowering( from seedā€¦about pinky nail size flowers)I agree with @TexasTea. Canā€™t hurt, probably help.
@420noob nice lineup! We all killed plants when learning. Sometimes after we know better too lol. Looking good!

7 Likes

Iā€™m sure youā€™ll see some additional growth that you wouldnā€™t see without up-potting. I usually up-pot before flip but the times Iā€™ve done it weeks into flowering, Iā€™ve noticed that roots donā€™t do such a good job of filling out the rest of the pot. So I donā€™t think the older plants take the full benefit.

5 Likes

Same, once theyā€™re flowering I find they donā€™t put much effort into creating a root ball. I up-pot aggressively during veg. I heard once ā€œGrow the roots, not the plantā€ and so I follow that and I get shorter and more productive plants. Sativas that I see overgrowing peopleā€™s tents I can grow like a bush no problem, just focus on rootspace during veg along with intense lights and topping at the third or fourth node.

10 Likes

Also, a long veg. I see people go ā€œSativas take the same amount of time, you just start flowering from seed.ā€ Thatā€™s some bro math to sell sativas to growers that canā€™t imagine spending more than 8 weeks in flower. The plant wonā€™t flower until itā€™s sexually mature, so youā€™re just extending veg time and killing yield. Big root ball, 18-24 hours of light, training and after 6-8 weeks from seed youā€™ve got a plant thatā€™ll yield instead of stretching.

10 Likes

Yeah, I always hated that advice, and it seems like most seed sellers advise that. I almost never get the stretch I want or even expect, probably because of training.

I think even the craziest, stretchiest sativas can do well in the tent if they have enough tops anyway. At least in my personal experience.12/12 from seed just makes for poor yield.

11 Likes

Excuse the pun TT ā€¦They are looking ACE!

P J

7 Likes

Ye it could be in the Amistad National park, shared with Panamaā€¦where the fields are ā€¦all trails need guidesā€¦the cops usually go in by helicopter when they destroy the cropsā€¦that was still going on a few years backā€¦but what were they cultivatingā€¦the amount of Crispi in Central America and Colombia must run into tonsā€¦( hopefully it wasnā€™t that) Iā€™m also wondering if itā€™s in a Mexico .as well what is the street weed there?
All the more reason for all us guys to preserve what we have.

Been a good we trip and sure have enjoyed the break.

I hope I havenā€™t bored you all to much with the fotosā€¦But I got to say itā€™s a top place for a vacationā€¦but like the rest of Costa Rica, Bring your credit cardā€¦itā€™s getting expensive.

P J

10 Likes

Flowering from seed I see good results doing a final up pot when flowers are first made. Week 8 or 9 maybe for a 16 weeker

6 Likes