The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Going to let them get established then going to just do some light lst to help get them stocks to be some tree trunks

4 Likes

[quote=“deeez99, post:4775, topic:99881”]
Any idea on how long these should typically take to flower out @Upstate? Looking like a few more weeks at least.
Maybe only just another month, like say 16 weeks, but the males make me think it could go even longer…to 18. The universe works in amazing ways. I’ve been hunting this smell a long time. Never expected to find it in a likely pure Mexican strain. This smell was only recently uncovered (2014) in my old likely Blueberry strain, hidden until I outcrossed to my old Afghan.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag @DesertHeartGardens

It’ll be great to see what those Guerrero x michoacan do with room to stretch their legs and in your skilled hands.

Have a great weekend and great grow - it’s off to a fantastic start :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous! Mexican strains are always a treat.

3 Likes

Elpolloloco can you show us a few photos of what it looked like?

My first time seeing this one. Nice!

7 Likes

the 3 red marks indicate smcg looks like 2 phenos. 2 have skinny fingers and the other has more stubby fingers.

5 Likes

It does look like that could be the case, the long petioles, wide and textured leaves and the bud structure all point towards that possibility. I took a photo of the way the png I have progresses from broad leaves to thin leaves later.

9 Likes

Here are a few random pics of the Guerrero green x Michoacán (GPB)

I’ll try to get one of a long cured nug which is still smoking great.

25 Likes

love the flower structure but what them aromas/scents do ?

4 Likes

One of my favorite foxtail phenos had a great mango smell to it. I think the smoke is great kinda earthy / leathery… the other pheno had a little ammonia funk to it. That one is nice and sticky and much denser than the foxtail clusters. Both are really enjoyable smokes for sure.

9 Likes

Dang, those buds are dense!

4 Likes

Really beautiful plants. Is the buzz long lasting too? Clean and clear?

5 Likes

Beautiful stuff and looks almost exactly the way mine did. I got a strong black pepper in the gal I ran, super interesting.

4 Likes

Hermosa

Sterling job you have done there…absolutely beautiful.

P J

3 Likes

The first three pics - the wheat genotypes, do they have a different effect & aroma?

5 Likes

I have a little oaxacan male that is slowly opening sacs and curious on best way to collect pollen.

He is living in my shed to keep out of wind. Ive plucked a few sacs off that were close to opening. Pollen seemed white. Anyways at night I tip plant onside over plastic container to catch pollen. Any advice is welcomed.

9 Likes

@Upstate @bonghopper the foxtail or wheat pheno is clean and clear - great daytime smoke and get shit done smoke.

The more dense pheno with the ammonia notes also heady buzz but a little less focused and if I smoke too much I get scatter brained - still moving and doing stuff but mostly looking for my keys or trying to remember what I was doing :joy:

Thanks @Panamajock , @ClassicGenetix et al I appreciate the kind words. Enjoy your Sunday :call_me_hand:

13 Likes

That’s from Colorado Sativas right? You just convinced me to buy some. That looks like top quality Mexican colitas right there!

5 Likes

I was worried about committing any new seeds to an outdoor grow until I’ve had a chance to make more, but it just occurred to me that there’s no situation I can think of that doesn’t net me plenty of seeds. Not unless I’m checking every inch of every plant every day.

So I’m going to pop these and plant every seedling outside. The only risk is gophers but I don’t think they’ll get them all. Hopefully. :pray::pray:

For no particular reason I picked F2/#1 female. (Thanks @deeez99!)

My wife bought me these sprouters for Christmas and I don’t soak anymore. I just stick the seeds in Root Riot pods and drop them in. Then I put them on top of the tent and should see sprouts in a day or two.

What’s cool is I have exactly 12 seeds and that’s how many it holds…

16 Likes

I know Gerry made a Guerrero x MDS, but I don’t think he’s repro’d these

These were snowhigh from a few years back. I also have the Sierra Madre which uses a Peace Corp Guerrero from 76 with the same Michoacan and is supposed to be shorter flowering, but haven’t run them yet.

9 Likes