The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

68 Lambsbread is originally West Indian for sure.

7 Likes

This is a hard truth to decipher. It depends on when in the 70’s you are talking about. By 1830 some Mexican had Lebanese in it. I wouldn’t call it contamination. It’s thoroughly ingrained in South Mexico’s cannabis heritage. Imo some old Mexican could be pure acclimated Lebanese. Back then, Lebanese was all short Sativa, like the Moroccan Beldia. The Kush genetics arrived in the 1900’s( Lebanon). In the 70’s, 1979 from what I read, Lebanese was used yet again in Southwest Mexico, and this time it would be considered Indica contamination. Any weed from this era would have fast phenos(10 weeks) mixed in with longer flowering phenos, as the tropical climate wouldn’t have had time to influence flowering term. The old stuff is all long flowering…thats how you can tell the difference. Companies working with these early hybrids have often pulled out the Indica expression. As you have mentioned, you have to be careful what you choose to work with if using post 79 collected genes. Guerrero cannabis has always been heavily Lebanese imo. It’s short and stocky compared to other Mexican strains in old descriptions and photos. West Oaxaca, like the Cryptic Labs Oaxaca must be, is very similar to Eastern Guerrero( Huixtepec). The border must be a transition zone between two different landrace types. Mostly taller Oaxaca type plants but with Guerrero’s ancient Lebanese influence…again imo.

9 Likes

Pretty unusual to go from 1 to 5. I’ve seen that only twice. Lots of vigor in there. Probably wanting a transplant now, I’d think. Could be why the one is bunched up. It’s looking to autoflower I think.

3 Likes

I had 2 smcg go from 1 finger to 5.

3 Likes

We agree that Lebanon is a contamination, it is an early contamination.

What I was referring to is that it is not a later contamination, but an early one. I mean that the line was not contaminated for whoever reproduced it later. Wino who produced it did not know how to select the right thing to clean it, wino who did the opposite selected the early contamination phenotype
. Sometimes when translating with an online translator and how drugged I am, what I write is lost a little. hahahaha

Lebanon adds a paranoia to the effects that has nothing to do with the potency or how fast and accelerated the effect is, it has to do with the fact that it has a cannabinoid that in certain sensitive people in which I am included, causes paranoia.

I think that in many Mexican narrow leaves, you can see how Lebanese in the dark color of the leaves is that the leaf blade is slightly thicker than that of a pure sativa and that the seeds form quickly even in some long flowering. If in this type of sativa you select short flowering or rapid seed maturation, the most likely thing is that part of the indica that is diluted in that lineage will emerge, it depends on how many loci of that contamination there are in each line, sometimes you can reconstruct the entire contaminate yourself
Also in Mexicans with short floravion. of the wide leaves to speak of.

Hartow years ago Rahan in the other forum showed the similarity of his Kerala mithei with the lambsbread from the vibes collective.
A years ago when lamsbread was not for sale I tried to approach lambsbread from double jam. The selection criterion was to remove everything that did not look Indian, achieving some quite Indian phenotypes.

19 Likes

When you smoke red point mountain pheno and keep your eyes closed, you have some kind of visions or small colorful movies, it feels perhaps like a slight and short trip. ,on the black background of the retina. I wouldn’t know what to call that effect, maybe a kind of mild trippy experience, but it’s only felt with your eyes closed.
Perhaps with pheno gold, you also find a little of this effect, but full of energy, with your pulse accelerated and feeling those strong palpitations, it makes you want to move more than to close your eyes.

10 Likes

ViSUALS!!! Yay!!! Make some fermented cobs, the visuals will increase in detail and intensity.

4 Likes

Hope to give some cobbing a go this autumn, you smoke or eat yours or both?

4 Likes

Both, although smoking the cobs is faster. Eating them is more like a gradual walk to an amusement park, as you begin to hear the sounds of the rollercoasters as you approach.

4 Likes

Looking happy and healthy! I think they’re going to thrive under your green thumb and I can’t wait to see them grow. Thanks again bro

2 Likes

Guadalajara is still flowers strong…but I’m growing mentally weak…and scissors keep finding their way into my pocket😁. I don’t think I can wait more than another week before harvesting. Can’t wait to smoke some properly dried!

20 Likes

The purple one looks like Jamaica longflower…exactly

1 Like

Double Panama Red …party.....

Harvested at 14 weeks… I would give it another two weeks…confu....zzz

25 Likes

Dang you must be down in the valley. Do you use shade cloth throughout the summer? Have a friend in gilbert wanting to grow outdoors but he doesn’t think they’ll handle the heat.

@TexasTea such a beauty of a plant :heart_eyes: So glad you and @rasterman found those in such few plants grown. I still haven’t found it again…yet! Happy smoking.

:laughing: I can understand, she’s a pretty looking one, great resin :drooling_face:

6 Likes

Last year it was rough had a 40 day heat wave of 110 plus im right next to Gilbert in chandler I do use shade cloth in dead of summer but also only was doing 20 gallons was having to water them really often to keep up with the size of girls I had just found it not worth and gave up this year doing some 100 gallons should allow plants to tap in and stay happy even in a heat wave also chose Mexican genetics thinking it might hold up in a similar climate :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

Right on, thanks for the info!

3 Likes

A few years ago my first outdoor I did manage to take 1 girl to harvest through the summer heat when it a bit more mild the monsoon wind can be rough too gotta make sure there strapped in and braced for the high winds that’s what took out my first outdoor plants rest of the year I find great for growing just gotta find what works for me during the summer :call_me_hand: real excited for this year

2 Likes

skinnnny GaaaaaaNNNNGGGG! lovely pics, thanks for sharing!!

what them scents/aromas be like?

3 Likes

Thanks Bro @US3RNAM3 ...comprimentos...
We managed to keep two phenos…we called one “Fast” and “Slow”…
Slow …

It has a slightly fruity and earthy smell with a background of anise…

Fast

Smell a little stronger like a woody floral. smoking predominates a more floral smell like moisturizing cream… weed2

15 Likes

Thanks for Sharing. , Double Panama Red , @Haxixandoamente , now your talking oldschool yummy :yum:, whohastrippingweed… Peace …
@Upstate …whois Guerrero green x Michoacán genes , if you please ethnobotany , good growing.
Right On Bro…waytogrow Stoner smokes highfive.

6 Likes