The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

I sent you coyote seeds too? Glad you remembered lol. Which one did I give you?

3 Likes

Whatā€™s the coyote strain ? First Iā€™ve heard of it.

2 Likes

Happy Chopping Jorge that is a Beauty, and Kudos on such Bulbous trichomes

5 Likes

My Uncles old strain, grown by him from 75-98 and by me 98-2018. His nickname was Coyote. It is 1975 Afghan Ɨ my old strawberry sativa( probably blueberry) I grew from 91-2018. George received seeds from the Afghan selected line and a couple other lines.

14 Likes

https://www.newsroompanama.com/business/a-pound-of-panama-geisha-coffee-sells-for-6000-in-private-auction

Would you pay $6,034 for a pound of Coffee?

Regards

P J

7 Likes

A fool and his money are soon partedā€¦I may be a fool, but I sure wouldnā€™t pay that much for a pound of coffee. :slight_smile: My favorite roaster is Deanā€™s Beans. Heā€™s actually one of the founders of the Fair Trade movement, and heā€™s a good guy. I like that he has spent a bunch of money on the communities that he sources his coffees from, and pays them a fair price.

10 Likes

Thereā€™s actually some very good local cooperatives ( mostly indigenous Indians) here now in Chiriqui,growing and selling their coffee beans from their small holdings ā€¦local markets are the place for finds.

Good to see ā€¦and the Coffee tours here help them out as well.
Ye between tourism and Cafeā€¦itā€™s nice to see some of the local Indians getting a wee bit better at business.
improves there lifeā€™s no end.

P J

8 Likes

@Upstate
Coyote Candy, It couldnā€™t compete with the Nanda Devi and giant Durban at that time!

5 Likes

@GreenBhoy Epic Durban. That was something. Would you grow Nanda Devi again? Iā€™m thinking on it again.

7 Likes

@Upstate
I donā€™t think I would. No other reason but there are many other landraces I would like to try and I only have one life. Even tho the plant got huge the yield was small and besides, Iā€™m now getting more interested in some of the psychedelic strains that I read about on this thread.

6 Likes

Me no. Let some idiot pay for me? Yes.

5 Likes

Love Kona coffee, only a bit expensive for a coffee addict like me.200 grams for ā‚¬30.

Anyone ever grown Black Seed from Reeferman?

Blackseed is a mostly mexican IBL that dates back to about 1974, and fueled early BC pot culture. It stands as proof that strong
cannabis is not a recent invention. It used to called ā€˜the pound plantā€™ as it makes big sativas with big yields. Great plant for the Kootenays, where it was first bred by hillbillies. It need lots of root space and makes frosty light green lemony nice sized buds. Old school sativa high. Great for Breeding.

27 Likes

Is there cocaine in the middle of those grounds? Wtf!!

4 Likes

Call me intrigued @mexcurandero420 those plants are really striking in the pretty department!

6 Likes

I think the beans are first passed through an ocelotā€¦

3 Likes

Looks extremely similar to 3 different Oaxaca strains. The Cryptic Labs Oaxaca is from 1970 and has a black seed pheno, my favorite.

Iā€™d put the best of them up against any modern hybridā€¦and win( i was feeling sparky when i wrote that lol. Maybe not win, but lots of shocked looks and raised eyebrows if i showed peeps the buds they were smoking)ā€¦as long as bud appearance was not part of the competition lol.
@mexcurandero420 check out the resemblanceā€¦

Hereā€™s your photo againā€¦Oaxaca hybrid for sure imo. Same Oaxaca strain too.
Almost looks like the same bud picture taken a little later. Crazy resemblance. Anyone have the 74 blackseed pure?

18 Likes

Oooh yes. That feces coffee always fetches a premium. Mmmmmmm!!

4 Likes

And they say you canā€™t eat money. Lol

3 Likes

What i want to know isā€¦what sicko stepped in some monkey poo at a coffee plantation in Ethiopia, looked down at his or her shoe, and then turned to their companion and saidā€¦
ā€œQUICK!!! Grab the coffee grinder!!:rofl::joy::rofl::rofl:
This will fetch a premium!ā€

4 Likes

I got my end of the trade yesterday. The three on the right are what I feel are eligible to run here. The three on the left I just think are related and interesting.
Sour cherry skunk is the name he gave to the Mexican bag seed he has done some work with.
I would love to get some feedback on what you guys would like to see ran.
Thanks!

7 Likes