The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Red Snake x Sowahh nice whispy greasy buds tall and whippy heavy buds. Real nice scent and the flowering time is faster while maintaining the full stretchy genetics. So far so good this one is a rocket. Gave some of these out already. I have OsT x G13 starting to flower its going to be huge. Also AGold 5 phenos doing well will post a update when they get taller.

20 Likes

Great looking plant with some nice resin. Sounds like a nice combo. Any dominant smells? Curious how the sour gas would blend in.

5 Likes

It really has a different scent than the Red Snake or the Sowahh a really nice blend so far. I have been flowering her about 50 days or so. I detect the Sour in there yes and super sticky long buds really tall I call her “The Pole”. Should be a fun blend of the genetics. Will let you know how it turns out smoke wise as both the plants were different but both very strong

12 Likes

Very interesting & many thnx for the info. :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks @Papalag! I’m sure looking very forward to it

5 Likes

Hey @HumblePie420 plants seem to be liking the outdoors! I meant to ask earlier how you are liking the those earthboxes so far?

4 Likes

So far so great! I’ve been having to water the ones not in those Earthboxes everyday or every other day. The Earthbox seems like once a week so far. But they are growing up fast.

8 Likes

No problem…

There is another Llanos (flatlands) with Colombia and Brazil…where I’m sure …there has been a lot of inter mingling…I grew. Bahia landrace from Brazil here…it’s on the thread here somewhere.

It went like 18 weeks flower…totally Sativa.

I do want to grow those Colombian Black here…I’d even play Shakira on the sound system when they’re in flower! …but $200 for ten seeds…bit pricey.

Thanks

13 Likes

Did it look like these plants.This photo was taken in 1983 somewhere in Brazil.

12 Likes

Looks like the sticky icky oooohweee!

4 Likes

Old Silversides lives! Yes! I’m so happy for you…and me…as I popped a dozen myself. I’m so excited…and I just can’t hide it…
I know
I know
I know
I know I want you :rofl::joy::rofl:( anyone know the song?)
I have a Silversides male, but it just about died from a really heavy frost. A couple lower limbs survived. I’m putting it in veg to await the others. I’ll have pollen for you with luck.

12 Likes

The Cabeca de Negro looked similar, with those chunky buds. I didn’t veg long enough to be sure, but I could see them looking like that if I had.

5 Likes

Pointer Sisters are exited.

9 Likes

@Panamajock You got it. I get the strangest songs stuck in my head…:grin:
How is that Bahia? Still curing it?
Panaoaxacan still going?
Still into that old CG grow this fall? I need to get you those seeds.
I keep missing updates from this thread. I have it so I’m supposed to see new posts. I don’t get it.

8 Likes

No Amigo

It was this one…only got one seed to germinate …luckily it was a Fem.

Nice plant …with lovely purple/ red stems

17 weeker .!

Both are 22/June 2022…same foto.

P J
image|413x500

14 Likes

@Panamajock Buds were wider apart with yours and no strong top colas, right? She is a pretty plant. I could see it turning completely purple with cold temps. Love those purple stems😍

5 Likes

It …did…that was smoked last year …nice citrus smell if I remember rightly…it was a good smoke …and a sound grower not the greatest of yield …but that’s just the way of some of these landrace etc

Ye good smoke…

P J …

7 Likes

Hell yeah brother!

This girl’s stems are starting to noticeably trichome up just like in your pictures and is almost 6 feet tall now.

8 Likes

Red Snake x Punta Cometa Oaxacan. This one is best of the three and has a strong floral citrus cleaner aroma that is very reminiscent of the Red Snake mom. Buds are stacking fast on all three though.

#2 has more spindly leaves and is also filling out quickly. But no aromas yet.

25 Likes

Pelo Rojo from Snow High. Nine finger leaves, tall and weedy structure with typical sativa lowers. Second plant has seven finger leaves but looks very similar.

23 Likes