The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Thanks, I just was worried by this part of the article:

If you believe you have a marijuana plant with TMV, your main goal is to carefully remove the plant while preventing the virus from spreading to other plants.

Really hoping I’m wrong, if it grows heathy and fast I will be the first to enjoy it … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes

That Panama it’s the 1974 version
Huesos a old grower that we know give to him
Its the vibescollective’s Panama 1974

7 Likes

That photo @TexasTea is scary close to my yard in the summer with the missus! :scream:

Cat on table: :heavy_check_mark:
Bird in cage: :heavy_check_mark:
:broccoli: in the background: :heavy_check_mark:
woman on chair reading: :heavy_check_mark:
Leafy greens in the foreground: :heavy_check_mark:

:rofl:

6 Likes

Is cryptic Panama a different Vibes line than the one I have? Says 14-16 weeks flowering. Doesn’t the 74 Panama Typically flower 20+ weeks?

5 Likes

Its the same, i read that on other forum

6 Likes

@Tejas

Punta Cometa ( 36 days from flip

Little sister is developing some beautiful uniform bud.

Real healthy plant.

Regards

P J

21 Likes

They are starting to fill out nicely. I am tagging @Kasper0909, he just started some himself and this will get him psyched!

7 Likes

Tag anyone you want amigo…you’re part of this Gig as well.

Ye nice plant …the big sister is thriving as well.

Regards

P J

6 Likes

She’s happy! 🪴 :sun_with_face:

4 Likes

Oooh that looks very nice.

4 Likes

Ye there real nice plants…they love the sun we are getting here just now .

Ye good luck with your grow…and of course log it here for us to view.

PS. If by chance your first grow gets four males out of four seeds…try again. Don’t give up.
LOL @Tejas

P J

10 Likes

I will definitely post up some photos soon. Oh no not males, just had a male run not too long ago haha.

6 Likes

Did Latin American cannabis originate in Mexico, and then travel South, or was it the other way around? We’ll probably never know!

8 Likes

We may never know. The genepools seem very different from each other. @Panamajock Nice PCO. Great structure.

4 Likes

Old Silversides s1’s
@Tejas have you tried Cryptic Oaxaca yet? Curious how the two Oaxaca highs compare.I

8 Likes

To my thinking I imagine there were multiple ‘beachheads’ over the years from Mexico to Argentina.

The ‘officials in charge’ would always promote some sort of local hemp fibre source as sailing ships each had 2~3 Km of heavy cordage per ship that needed to be maintained and replaced.
BLD and NLD plants would be brought in as well, establishing local sources.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

My thoughts exactly. Cannabis sprang up all over the Western hemisphere in Just a century.

4 Likes

Ye

There is a few things I don’t agree with in that article…like a said loads of times you’re hitting dead ends.

Ie …Caldwell mentions the Colombian gold is a shortish plant …long flowering, ( 12-14 weeks) not the ones I grew.
Punta roja and Panama red are different strains…( I think they are the same.

A lot of these experts are just amateur journalists ,flying on the seat of there pants …to make a buck

Going to need AI in the future LOl …to sort it out.

4 Likes

No I haven’t yet, but reading the various thread on it, I am looking forward to growing it and hopefully getting one lady with the pearl pheno.

4 Likes

Wait A minute howd I miss this you are s1 old silversides? Don’t know how I missed this!

2 Likes