The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

I do like growing Cacti as well as weed…that big agave is about 10 years old.

Thanks

16 Likes

Badass agaves! They’re really gorgeous when taken care of. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I will leave you with a few pics of my Blue Agave …that flowered Aug 2018…

The plants that grow here have been a big eye opener for me from orchids to monkey puzzle trees.
My Barrio here is a mix of Panamanians and Knobe Indians…very rural
Here is a we insight to my hood.

I will leave you all now…have a nice day

Come visit some day Greandal

Chao

DSC02253

24 Likes

You live in a beautiful place. How did you find it?
Funny, I thought that Blue agave flower was a skimpy Himalayan cannabis tree lol.

7 Likes

@GREANDAL some fat leaves on the young Punto Rojo’s. Reminds me a bit of some young Oaxaca plants. I look forward to their transition as flower commences. How many guys and gals? For smoke, seed, or both? Looking good!

5 Likes

This is too good :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

@deeez99 @TexasTea @Tejas

Red Snake latest…

Little Red Snake …65 days from flip…

Ye getting the citrus and sticky buds now…she is a beauty…just like her big sister.

P J

17 Likes

I love citrus smelling weed!

5 Likes

Ye these RS are Bonnie plants…incredible amount of bud sites as well.

I got her out in the :sunny: today after a night of heavy rain and humidity in the greenhouse.

Chao

9 Likes

The Panama stretched half a foot since the transplant. The runt is a male, making 4 males and I think 6 females. Maybe 5.

@Panamajock nice sticky redsnake. I can even see what Oaxaca pheno contributed to its look. It’s really enlightening growing the building blocks of all these great hybrid varieties. , because you can see how the landraces contribute to the makeup of each of them.
I myself am missing knowledge of a major ingredient in many of them. Colombians. I’m looking forward to seeing a bunch grown.

Not the best picture but in my opinion this is the Oaxaca pheno represented by that Red Snake.

12 Likes

What taste does Punto Rojo have?

3 Likes

I like that foto….nice buds. Ye I see the representation.

P j

2 Likes

I will post some pics of the big RS at the weekend…there are some differences, all good.

Ye Cannabiogens says Red Snake :snake: is 50/50 Mexican and colombian.
But doesn’t name the strains.

Experienced growers like your self can see the strains…I definitely see Colombian in both plants…I haven’t grown much Mexican…

P J

P J

7 Likes

Oaxacan 79 x Punto Rojo. The Oaxacan was selected from about 4 dozen plants and there were no males so they selfed it and then used it for mother stock. This was a particularly fragrant female with a great taste and high and with good structure apparently. That info was from the Spanish guy who grew the plants and made the selection for Kaiki of Cannabiogen and was relayed to me in an email this winter.

The Punto Rojo was bred from a combination of three highland Colombians personally collected by Kaiki if I recall correctly. I have grown it several times now. Taste is always so so, but the aromas are wonderful and it has a great high.

12 Likes

Oh that’s absolutely great info for me.

Thanks ever so much…if the plants were :poodle: s they would have a fine pedigree.

Thanks ever so much T T

P J

6 Likes

She’s a good looking girl!

3 Likes

Congrats on your patience

2 Likes

Yeah. I had this happen recently on my Pelo Rojos from Snowhigh. One plant threw a few ball sacs and released some pollen. These were my last two seeds so I’m not unhappy as I will get a bunch of Pelo Rojos seeds out of this, and the pollen sacs now removed have not come back. There were maybe a dozen or so. No doubt there are other plants in the room that were hit as well, but since this smoke is just for me and friends I don’t care too much.

8 Likes

PJ, that agave is craaaazy! Wow. :smiley:

7 Likes

I remember buying it…for a dollar about 14 years ago

What a buzz I got when it flowered…spreading tiny plants all over the niebourhood.

One of the most amazing things I’ve seen in my life.

In the Agave plantations in Mexico…they don’t let them grow so big …about 6-8 years…they don’t want flowering…and most of the plants in the plantations are clones. ( remind us of a other plant )

The pic of it emerging looks Alien…like it’s looking for the alien butt plug on the bananas LOL

P J

I

15 Likes