The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

![Screenshot_20230520_194935_Gallery|225x500](upload://oUmczyA46I
Some Old Silversides candidates. Looking for a keeper. One tei leaf Durban top photo. They look quite similar

7 Likes

The 71 Panama

@Papalag that cross sounds great. @Panamajock I think you are in for a treat with that Oaxaca chocolate rain combo.

6 Likes

Dude, I know exactly what you’re going through. I just realized today that I had a plant in another part of the yard last season that must have hermed. The bud is full of seeds in the bag I stored them in, and the one right next to it only has occasional seed.

I had a male Lemon Thai outside that opened a little early and I’m hoping those all took to what I wanted. I worry about my stuff, some grower in town somewhere who leaves his males out… I’d really like to have a greenhouse for certain plants to stay isolated before and after pollination.

So far all of my plants that I wanted to be hit with the LT pollen are being tested, and are growing like carbon copies, so I’m hopeful.

8 Likes

I knew someone would say that…Yeah, most likely not old line

However, its funny how people do minimize times to make it more appealing not realizing it just sounds wrong

And they grow using LED can speed it up…many times its counting from the sight of first flowers rather than trigger time can be deceptive also

70 days is about what most hybrids come in @ it seems

Its always red flag with flower times… you are right there

And further investigation most time reveals a BX situation or hybrid

Mexican strains are known to be bit faster that some Colombian or Thai

4 Likes

Maybe you could find out if they veg the plants first. That speeds flowering up, though not to 8 weeks.
The other thing is …it says open pollinated landrace…which means no selections were done…which means its a hybrid, unfortunately. Landrace Oaxacan flowers 13+ weeks after selections are done to speed it up. 18 weeks if straight from Mexico, from my very limited experience growing Huixtepec.

5 Likes

Hi bro I may have sent you these it not I have more

Dm me

2 Likes

Yes, I think you did @Papalag :grin:. Looking forward to watching them grow. One of these days, I’ll break out some OG hybrids for headstash…

2 Likes

When I’m back from my sabbatical…I’m going to build another greenhouse…to use for quarantine purposes…and occasionally as a :heart: shack.

P J

5 Likes

Good plan! :grin:

4 Likes

I was looking at my oaxacans and I think I have a silversides pheno.
My phone is stupid and won’t take pictures

1 Like

A love snack for you or the plants? Lol

2 Likes

I hope you do. I broke my small stash out last night and smoked a big bowl… There’s nothing better imo. The Silversides phenos aren’t real common( I found one other, but with less stem resin) in plants that are not descended from OSS, but I passed out Silversides seeds to everyone that got a Oaxaca pack, so if the whole pack is grown, if you don’t get one in the first generation, you’ll find one in the next😁 looking forward to pictures.

8 Likes
9 Likes

Just a tad…wee moving into the rainy season…every day!

But boy does the garden explode with colour.
IMG_2798|666x500

9 Likes

I did a little bondage on this girl, see if I can control her somewhat.

11 Likes

Puntos start to show

19 Likes

A Guinness, a sprayer and a whole bunch of weed. Looking good!

6 Likes

Smashing it again …Greandal

Beautiful Punta roja
Inspirational.

P J
Everything from the pots …the plants…and great photographs.

8 Likes

Yipee

My Crown of Thorns has finally flowered after years. (Euphorbia genus)

Looking great…what we do without rain.

P J

18 Likes

That’s a cool looking plant, it looks dangerously pretty.:peace_symbol:

4 Likes