The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

That’s cool as hell. Check out this little gem I caught in bloom.

21 Likes

Hermosa Bro

Cacti are amazing plants…and when they flower…it’s so gratifying…

I’ve always been into gardening …but in cold areas of Europe …succulents don exist…

Behind me on the road to the valley of the moon…there is a cloud forest Zone…and they grow all around naturally…amazing site.

I will show some pics one day…I feel I’m hogging the thread to much as it is.

Take care

5 Likes

Well your location qualifies you kind of :rofl:. So my current run is at 31 days and they harvest continuously at 49 days so time for long flowers. Got some seeds from @upstate and @george marked OX maybe a swazi x ApG cross and a couple of

so I’ll be asking lots of questions soon!

20 Likes

You’re a regular on this thread …you know …that all the guys on here have your back.

I for one be interested in the Honduran x Panama …didn’t know it was around ( hic )

Yes we all be following your grow…and look forward to it.

And good luck

P J

8 Likes

You slay me upstate …always asking ?,s

I will answer.

I worked here with an electronic company …many years ago…cable y wireless. and I do have friends here.

For me responding…I think we should have a wee quiz…and the first person to answer who my friend is.

Wins a pack of seeds from your extensive collection…you ok with that.

I’m going ahead anyway. …

Ok

First person do regonise who my friend is…wins the prize! ( if that’s ok with @Upstate .

I’m on the left. With the specs.
P J

IMG_1520|690x458](upload://5VCPJBKImyjmdf4VnENNbNqT4uS.jpeg)

15 Likes

@Panamajock “Manos de Piedra” Roberto Durán

13 Likes

Lovely guy…what an animal in the ring.

He helped me out when I tracked him down in gangrego area of Panama City in his sister’s restaurant .

He signed his book, and also signed a copy of Ken Buchanan autobiography I had for a fund raiser for Ken…
who had been diagnosed as suffering from Alzheimer’s…as well as being a alcoholic….ye boxing fans another world champion of boxing who was ripped off by managers…

Ye 2015 meeting El Cholo…was a highlight…and I’ve met him since had a few conversations.

I’m sure @upstate respond …lol

If not I will sort you out…LOL

Vivar

I won’t go…he said…

RIP Ken Buchanan

10 Likes

Ye hands of stone…El Cholo

5 Likes

That is for sure Roberto Duran legend! Met Muhamad ali he lived in berrien springs Michigan In capones old house on the river to lake Michigan. His son was in my younger brothers little league team. Cool dude. Went from 15 to 12 rounds cause of Duran beat a guy until he died at final bell. I think maybe that’s the bs story I heard.

2 Likes

Incredible human being…forget politicians…

He has left a legacy…that we should follow…top of my list.

Bueno noche

2 Likes

When I was in the merchant navy…I worked on trampers …and used to steam up the st Lawrence freeway…from trios riveras ( Montreal) , even up to Duluth …the Great Lakes are incredible.

My fav place was Little Scotland …Thunder bay….

I was even in @Upstate country…at Buffalo…were I couldn’t have a drink because I was under 21…was allowed a beer…some things don’t change…

Chuffed all you canucks are legal.

6 Likes

My wife controls the television, so boxing is no longer on the menu😪
Last I watched boxing, Ukraines President and his brother were both boxing. Mayweather was always kicking ass, though I rooted for the underdog. Such lightning fast hands! Oscar De La Hoya was a great one, and I always loved The little Phillipino, Manny Pacquiao. He was my favorite. I forget who he was matched up against three different times, but there were some epic battles, And some of the best fights i’ve seen in my life. Constant action with those lightweight fighters.
Muhammad Ali re-runs were a common occurrence in my home 15 years ago. Gotta love the brutal “Thrilla of Manila” fight against Frasier, and the “Rumble in the Jungle” against Foreman. The rope a dope fight. Muhammad took an epic pounding, and then floored Foreman. Damn I miss boxing.
Since I’m a poor excuse of a man and didn’t even recognize a well known recent boxer, who do I owe
those seeds to lol?
@Panamajock I haven’t even seen the St Lawrence River, or much of the Great Lakes. You’re lucky. You must have seen some fantastic sites in your day.

2 Likes

Hello,
This is a awesome photo!
I always enjoy going back and watching Duran fights. Before my time but glad we have the classics to go back and watch.
Duran vs Leonard battles reminds me of the Gatti vs Ward battles. RIP Arturo Gatti
Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Those are Oaxacan I made with some from Cryptic Labas that Upstate kindly sent me,willing to see them grow … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

The only problem working the st Lawrence and the lakes…was you got to get out before they ice up.

And your ashore most nights if not on watch…so on your six month contract…you pay off with nothing …because your young and liked to party… lol

I loved it

4 Likes

Upstate/Cryptic Oaxacan. She’s rolling along and filling out. Delicious sweet cedar aromas with a touch of musk.

19 Likes

Boxing fans were lucky in that era.

The first Duran …Leonard fight…he tried to stand toe to toe with Roberto…what a punishment he took.

Then the No Mass fight …I’m sure he ain’t proud of that.

But what a string of middleweight boxers then.

Tommy Hearns ( boom boom?..Marvin Haglar, …ye a golden age then.

Thanks

6 Likes

My Red Snake x Punta Cometa Oaxacan cross. This was the most Oaxacan looking of the three I think and the one Upstate commented earlier was the one he thought looked promising. At the time one of the others had stronger aromas, but that plant has faded fast. This one has gotten the pearly look but a bit chunkier than the pearly looking Red Snake mom. Branches are getting heavy.

The aromas have come on nicely. Bathroom cleaner, cinnamon, musk and aftershave. Looks very promising!

21 Likes

Oaxacan 79 x Panama, feminized from dubi. Tall plant, early flowering. I took some lower cuts but not sure if one survives or not as I am terrible at cloning. :smiley:

14 Likes

@LedZeppelin

Thanks ever so much for honoring my wee suggestion…

Ye Jimmy Page was quickest. Lol

P J

5 Likes