The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Minus the little spikes it looks like a giant asparagus coming out of the ground. Neat.

3 Likes

Beautiful Oaxaca plant, beautiful hybrid. You’re in for a treat. Those pine Oaxacas are awesome.
That Red Snox is stacking up!
Feel free to pick a better name l o l
@LedZeppelin If you are into long flowers I can send you something you will like.

4 Likes

Don’t leave the Canadians out of this conversation. I met George Chuvalo at a Boxing function a decade ago. Partied at his Cottage a decade before that… SMALL WORLD.

here’s my buddy about to step on that Red Hot nail…
Joe DAREDEVIL Trocki copy

12 Likes

I believe the appropriate response here is: “Hold my beer.”

10 Likes

Oh no. I think I see it. Did he really?

3 Likes

Old silversides had a frosty night.

7 Likes

Oh no! It’s been low 40’s at night here. Won’t put stuff out for a couple weeks yet.

3 Likes

Low forties. I don’t worry about 40’s too much because if plants can’t handle those temperatures well where I live, they’re not going to make it( do well) They were calling for low forties last night… So I left them out. Those are my only two silver sides males that were healthy. The other one is going to take a couple months to recover after getting severely frozen.
I actually think these will be just fine and that droopy look is a quality I look for, though my heart still sinks every time I see a plant that looks like that… Good frost resistance indicator… Or the plants died lol.

3 Likes

@Upstate, you bet it happened.
There was an inch of blood in the shoe when we got to the Hospital at 3:00 am

7 Likes

Ouch, that’s gonna leave a mark.

2 Likes

Just got ace seeds Tikal says landrace from Guatemala that’s supposed to be silly weed lol 75% sativa 25 indica can’t wait to smoke it I need some silly smoke :v::joy:

2 Likes

Yikes :grimacing: tetanus shot :syringe: coming up. LOL

Was it hot enough to be sterile?

4 Likes

@Papalag @Upstate

Upstate’s Oaxaca x Chocolate Rain

28 days manana. …re-pot weekend

P J

19 Likes

Lookin good brother

4 Likes

I’m sure it did all the work when it happened. Cauterizing on the fly @GREANDAL

They were shocked in the Hospital that he just kind of dealt with it for a few hours. One solid Hole burned into the arch of his foot.

And that fire had burned for 2 days already, it was Hot (and Sterile)

5 Likes

I love boxing too. If you haven’t watched the Diego Corrales (RIP) v José Luis Castillo fights - please enjoy this battle!

Arturo Gatti v Mickey Ward are some of my other favorites outside of the greats you guys already mentioned!

4 Likes

I’ve always been interested in how the champions of yesteryear were raised to greatness. Anybody else do any research to see what allowed them to rise above the fray? Cus D’Amato seemd to be one of those that had found a way to cultivate those champions… here’s an interview that touches on some aspects, apparently hypnosis was part of the equation:

Blueridge, if you end up liking the Tikal you may want to seek out the Guatemalan pure, it was released once upon a time.

4 Likes

Ye I will watch that later.

I love my boxing …ye that was a great era.

Another of my all time favourite is Chris Uebank…what a tough game fighter …and like a lot of those champs…worked his way up from the streets.

Ye still got my autobiography books…the Chris Uebank one is worth a read…(his sons not doing to bad in the ring ) Chris Uebank jr.

P J

5 Likes

I’ll look up some of his fights; thanks for the tip.

2 Likes

Snowhigh Mexican punto rojo.

I must admit I kept them in solos under my improvised veg area for a bit longer than ideal but they were up potted recently so I expect they will cheer up shortly.

I have a clone of each as well.

Last time I checked I was still not 100 % on sex.

18 Likes