The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

@Panamajock

Looks more like the chocolate rain mom

Very healthy also

Great job

9 Likes

That’s what I’m looking forward to…I’ve been doing some research on it…fine lineage.

I stumbled on Seed heaven.
the Danish seedbank.

Who are selling some Escobar strains re-pros.

Thanks

P J

We have finished processing your order.

[Order #5716] (June 6, 2023)

Product Quantity Price
(Amnesia Haze x Chocolate Rain) F2 1 €20
Candyberry F2 1 €20
Subtotal: €40
Shipping: €5 via Flat Rate (Without tracking #)
Payment method: Direct Bank Transfer - Currently the only payment option
Total: €45

p J

6 Likes

I have the amnesia x chocolate rain I believe @Zanzibar made this

I need to run these lol so many seeds so little time

5 Likes

Ye he was the man…but €20 for 10 seeds, can’t be bad

Ye I have that problem too…keep buying.
and not enough time…lol

PAZ

P J

6 Likes

Hey OG wave (1) … I love learning about the Central American strains … I got some beans from my Bro @Bud_Weiser … maybe this is the opportunity to get experiences and learn about them in practice …
Here is one of the plants in an attempt to revegg that perhaps this has caused some stress, which resulted in some bananas. Two plants occupied the same vase so we separated them and freed hermie to pollinate herself…

Double Panama Red

Separate plant …

Thanks OG…
TamoJunto 48

18 Likes

@Bud_Weiser

The Boys from Brazil are back

que porra você fez com aquela planta… estressada! ou o que? :laughing:
Ben vindo de volta.

P J

5 Likes

Snowhigh Mexican Punta Roja aka el primo.

These have been in small pots a bit long. These pics are from a few days ago but since have been top dressed and I’m hardening them off to get them ready for sunlight and a bigger home.

Great news is I have a confirmed male and confirmed female! The others are still figuring things out…

23 Likes

Great news! What sort of process do you use for hardening them off?

5 Likes

I typically start putting them outside in the later afternoon in indirect sun for 30 minutes the first day - even less if it’s hot. Then I gradualy increase the amount of time outside each day. I usually wait until the sun has passed my building to start.

Once they can make it a few hours with no issue in indirect light, I then put them in partial am sun for a few days for a couple hours, and eventually into direct afternoon sun.

It’s been very overcast lately so they have transitioned quickly but in the past when I rush the process and put them right into the hot sun, I’ve come back to shriveled nearly dead plants.

On the other hand, I have a plant that grew itself - a seed fell into the soil and sprouted itself this spring… that plant never skipped a beat because it’s been in the sun, rain, wind it’s entire life. That one is either Michoacán gpb x Guerrero green f2, or (Michoacan x Guerrero) x (nl5 haze x black widow) i don’t remember what was in that pot but I only had the Michoacánx Guerrero males last year. I’ll get a pick if that one too.

8 Likes

Alright party people got good news on the germination front. ALL my seeds popped tails and have been put into dirty or peat pods just need them to sprout. 3 of each seeds germinated Oaxaca, ancestral skunk x Turkish hash plant, Peshawar Afghani, and Oaxaca x red snake.

7 Likes

:drooling_face: that Cayo Hueso they have looks so beautiful!

Edit: I’m realizing that pic is actually the Cuban Black Haze mother, not the Cayo Hueso…looks like it was crossed with a heavy yielding “sour” type plant for the cross

11 Likes

Beautiful.

Who would have thought our Scandinavian brothers …would have a top seed bank like that.

And reasonable prices.

P J

7 Likes

Upstate Cryptic Oaxacan is ripening. My cuts have both survived too, so I will get a chance to make seeds next time around. Anyway, this plant has been lovely and I’m really grateful to Upstate for sharing these seeds. :slight_smile:

37 Likes

Oaxacan 79 x Panama, feminized seed from dubi. I’m struck by how similar this plant is to the Upstate Cryptic Oaxacan. They could be sister plants both in habit and in aromas. The cut I took is going strong so I will be dusting with Red Snake in my next seed run this summer.

33 Likes

@TexasTea Beautiful plants.

10 Likes

Agreed! I love that Oaxaca structure. I had one that would have looked like that if I hadn’t broken my leg. I was lucky to keep all of my plants alive but just couldn’t baby them and feed them right in the last months. The one of mine had that same Christmas tree structure. It was also the tastiest.

Enjoy the smoke! They seem to do really good with about a 3 month cure. Mine tasted great right away, too, but got better with age.

12 Likes

What a great story of human survival…with shit news these days it’s great to hear of the rescue of these kids.

I know it’s off topic But…it’s great news.

Ancestral knowledge…whaa

P J

13 Likes

That will be an interesting match….your plants are looking great ,smashing it again TT.

P J

7 Likes

Punta Rojas

Aaaaaand…

Dreams really do come true here on OG and quite frequently amongst this group! Many thanks to @deeez99 and @PineTarBastard for your immediate and generous help.

22 Likes

YeeHaaa :partying_face:

9 Likes