The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Lol I can’t wait to tell someone to " suck my Hass!" :slight_smile: That shit is too funny

3 Likes

I’m a character😁

3 Likes

Perfectly normal conversation at Whole Foods.

9 Likes

But don’t mention aubergine…

8 Likes

So I got this late 70s ish Thia that’s been grew and open pollinated/naturalized in Oaxaca Mexico for like 40 years something like that it’s got green and purple phenos I haven’t grew them yet but plan to next season (I should have the space by then:) I’ll expand them first , the only thing I know about the smoke is they were collected by the smuggler and he got busted some years late but he gave the seeds to his little brother and told him that “it was the best pot he ever smoked” so once he got busted his little brother decided to “keep them fresh” for when his bother gets out so I am very intrigued by this story and these locations are very special :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Oaxaca 10 weeks flower.

20 Likes

Hey guys. Oaxaca update: Upstate was right that she is ready to be harvested as I’m seeing mostly cloudy trichomes with a few amber sprinkled in so she has come down. She took up my whole drying tent this morning.

I believe someone asked me how my taste test smoke went from her. Tell you the truth, it was not ready to be smoked since it was still very wet when I rolled up a joint of her and had a bitch of a time keeping it lit. I’ll have a much better smoke report coming up within a few weeks or so.

20 Likes

Lookin great, save me a piece :grin:

What was the aroma like?

7 Likes

I’ve got a bunch now lol! Incense for sure with some fresh cut juniper in the mix.

13 Likes

Incense and Juniper. Epic taste. Maxwell House weed. Good to the last drop😁
Here’s a couple Silversides progeny.

And my favorite Panama so far…

16 Likes

‘93 Mexican coming down tomorrow. 70 days flower

25 Likes

Nice one! Bag seed?

3 Likes

No that is @Som ‘93 AllStar. That is the one that the seed was an f2 frozen since 1998.

13 Likes

I’ve been working for a couple years now trying to find a short silversides phenotype and I think I just found one. You never know, it might start growing side branches, But so far It’s a short one seeded by lambsbread. Just on preflowers.

@Motaco how long did she flower? What smells?

19 Likes

The harvest window is about 60-70 days. Smells like melons and berries. I did a repro of this one a few years back, but the seeds were all intersex.

I have some clones of this rooting, as well as some Zacatecas going, and another Mexican I got from Kushyman. All of them are hybrid stuff so I am going to see about crossing them together.

10 Likes

How many seeds? That sounds like a interesting cross :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m also interested in bananas there’s over a 140 different varieties and some can even handle snow :slight_smile: it’s those that are super interesting they can be used as flour even slice pound and bake to make tortillas

5 Likes

I just let the preflowers get nailed. Never know, but this may be my only opportunity to make this hybrid, so i took advantage. . It’s not everyday you want to break a 6 month strain out. Lambsbread is special, and will be great for breeding, but it’s not potent enough to grow for headstash… Maybe I just didn’t find a really good one. I only had 3 females, after all. Maybe this time I will see something that changes my mind. All the plants had good potency, but nothing epic.

5 Likes

I heard something similar from another grower unfortunately. Good weed but not worth the time it takes to grow it.

4 Likes

Yeah, there’s other stuff shorter flowering with similar effects, for sure. I bet there used to be potent plants. Old IBL’S lose that magic.

5 Likes