The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

How’s the resin now?

Like this?
@HumblePie420 try it yet?

13 Likes

Backlit trichomes always look great. Throw in some dappled bokeh, and that is a really nice photo.

7 Likes

@Papalag @Upstate

Oxacan x chocolate rain

Latest 57 days from germ.

Getting too big for veg room.( walk in wardrobe)
will flip at 60 days this weekend.

So far so good…nice plants….
Most nipped at fourth node…then some manicuring as they grew …to keep them manageable.
I do expect them to at least double when I flip to greenhouse.
The fun starts soon.

First phase is over…from germ, not had a single problem …basically they have done there own thing…

P J

25 Likes

Nothing like that yet.

3 Likes

There’s tall stretchy phenos, not all of them great, but nearly all of them are, and then there is the creme de la creme of the tall stretchies…Old Silversides. The mark is the thick stem resin found on stems of bigger circumference…up to 1/4 inch.
Anything with stem resin will be good smoke. :+1:
I found a new pheno from Silversides progeny, not even throwing any flowers yet. I have two females and a male that look like triplets.

Old Silversides last photo, same age 12 12 from seed. I’m excited to see what the longflower has in store! I’m hoping it’s chubby😁

19 Likes

They look very happy and healthy my friend !

Paps

5 Likes

Agreed. Happy and healthy looking plants. I love those easy growers. Curious about the stretch. Keep track if possible.

7 Likes

Is there a stretch with Chocolate Rain?

6 Likes

I’ve still got it drying and jarred some up last night. I have over 3/4 of it still hanging and drying. The couple of jars I filled are still hitting 75 rh so I may have jarred them up too soon which is why its still hanging. Gonna twist a joint up today and report back tonight or tomorrow. I’ve noticed that the stuff still hanging smells better than the stuff I threw in the jars. Stems of the hanging plants still not snapping and only wet fold, if that makes sense. @Upstate how long do you let your Oaxaca dry for?

6 Likes

@HumblePie420 My plants are usually a lot smaller than yours, so tough comparison. If the buds burn in a pipe, I jar it.
They burn before the stems snap with this one.

4 Likes

Cr will stretch about 1.5 x in flower :cherry_blossom:

5 Likes

Upstate Oaxacan final branches came down today. This is some amazing smoke! Here’s a leaf from the cola area …

31 Likes

@TexasTea So happy to hear you found a good one! Hoping I get as lucky as you. Tell us about the buzz😁/ flavor. Such a pretty leaf on that pheno. I’ve got my eye on several females that I have dubbed the" three sisters" since I am in Iroquois country. There is a matching male. I have a feeling they are going to look like yours.

They look so different from the Silversides phenos.

19 Likes

Hi, read you ate the dandelion root . I make a dandelion root tincture. If you think that would help I could send you a bottle. You should only take it periodically. Like 8-10 days on then not take for up to 10 days. Then repeat.
@drgreensleeves or anyone that may need it.

15 Likes

I sure could use some. I dug some big roots up this morning, but couldn’t force a bite. Outta likes buddy. It’s really nice of you to offer @Bobgrows.

12 Likes

The first batch of UOaxacan is just about stabilized in the low 60’s on the hydrometer. A sticky pinch in my bowl and one or two small tokes is all it takes. Super sweet, woody and cedar flavors on the exhale which linger on your tongue like candy. The room reeks of incense with the slightest toke. High is definitely soaring and lasts a long time. I’m excited to have two cuts that are growing vigorously now, although since they were taken in early flower, they have not full reverted and are still putting out three finger leaves and funny shaped growth. I will take some more cuttings from them soon and keep it going. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Definitely keep that one going. The big buds/ incense combo is hard to find, but I figured the best place to look was amongst old silver sides offspring. Do you have pics just before flower formation started?
Edit…forgot I could see just your posts. I don’t know if I have that pheno now or not. Plants look so different grower to grower. I’ll sure be looking out for the golf ball buds, though! How tall was the plant? Maybe I had that pheno my first run of Oaxaca. Mine was short though.

10 Likes

Absolutely, this one is a gem, and I will keep her for a while. I’ll cross her with Red Snake next time…I’m really curious how the O79 x Panama compares too, and that plant just started coming down today. I did notice that one was a bit easier to trim than the UO which had a lot more tiny leaves and leaf tips to trim off.

9 Likes

Here’s the best close up I can get at the moment of Oaxaca lady, some frost forming on them.

16 Likes

I have a red clover as well. Red clover cleanses the blood.
Send me your details and I’ll get them to you. @Upstate

7 Likes