The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

The photo on the right side has a pretzel looking calyx in the middle section. Very interesting.

4 Likes

So many people donā€™t know about the three sisters and not ruining your farm land nice. @Bobgrows girl you are everywhere helping everyone good on you! A person really has to love the sense of family on this site ,:+1:

7 Likes

You had me at woody, cedar and incense! Hope one day to try some of the fabled Highland Oaxacan. Between this description and the juniper berries earlier in the thread Iā€™m certain these will be enshrined in the hall of fame.

5 Likes

Oaxaca update: Smoke report finally after such a long wait. I rolled a joint with loose material pulled off the stems. Nothing went through a grinder on this round. Probably amounts to about 3 1/2 to 4 bowls if I were to have smoked it via a dry pipe.

Extremely sticky. I can see this gumming up my grinder or scissors in no time. Woke up at around 7 am and rolled this bad boy up. Initial light up does give off an incense type of earthy smell. I closed my eyes and held my breath as long as I could. Slowly exhaled to a strange taste, like a spice Iā€™ve never tasted before. A good spice. Took another deep hit which burned up almost 1/3 of the joint. Remember, this joint was rolled very loosely and not with ground up flower. This time letting my breath go I started to feel its effects. Nice and strong and sent me for a bit of a dizzy spell. Musta been since I held my breath so long. By the time it was a roach, I was good and high. The juniper smells that were heavily on the plant while growing outside are gone now and giving way to this spice smell that I believe everyone else describes as ā€œcedarā€. Doesnā€™t smell like cedar to me, my friends have cedar bonsai trees and is one of my favorite smells in nature. The high surprised me to be honest. Iā€™m a daily smoker with a stupid high tolerance and was just wanting to smoke some old school stuff. Iā€™d definitely give it a 7 outta 10 score which is really good because Iā€™ve smoked some fantastic stuff out here.

Thanks to you @Upstate for letting me smoke some true history here my man. Iā€™ve got a couple more Oaxaca growing in the sun but are barely starting to show pre-flower. Theyā€™ve been growing since December 30th of last year just like this Old Silversides pheno but are taking much longer. I really donā€™t mind. I grow bonsai trees and am very used to things moving extremely slowly.

14 Likes

@Upstate, is the Cryptic Labs O still for sale, or do they do one and dones? Iā€™m digging seeing so many people getting such similar phenos and also the Silversides pheno being so prevalent.

I called the aromas on my best one as turpentine, but thatā€™s sort of like juniper isnā€™t it? My aromas went towards cat piss the longer they cured.

Oh, and speaking of greasy, I let mine dry on the vine inside the house. They were in the kitchen by a window. But, I went to my doc visit and had developed an infection, and he put me right into the hospital (2 hours north), for 7-8 days, and when I got home the best plant was dried and dead. I was in pretty rough shape and wasnā€™t able to do much. The others ended up doing the same.

So, I expected a the buds to crumble into dust when I picked them. But, instead the flowers were super greasy and soft and supple and crumbled perfectly in your fingers for rolling perfect joints. I was really impressed with that O and want to play with it more. I do have an Oaxaca crossed to that Lemon Thai and it looks great and just got flipped.

9 Likes

If you go to proseeds.com youā€™ll see probably the most offerings from Cryptic Labs Iā€™ve come across. The link doesnā€™t work and youā€™ll have to type in proseeds.com into your search engine for it to pop up. They are in Europe though. Very friendly owner that replies right away to any questions. They have run outta Oaxacas though brother. This is where we got the Pearl Stem Oaxacas before they sold out. The Pearl Stem phenos are what Upstate calls Old Silversides.

8 Likes

This will get you to the Cryptic Labs

https://proseeds.co.uk/index.php/product-category/tropical-candy/cryptic-labs/page/2/

Mexican Sativa Salsa

Vintage Mexican x Oaxacan Gold

Heres another place you can pick up his gear ā€¦

7 Likes

Great lakes genetics havenā€™t changed those few packs they have left for such a long time. At least 2 years or more. Proseeds have changed up theirs pretty recently.

5 Likes

Right, thats true

Dont know if he will be doing more drops there

Maybe proseeds is the go to ATM?

He did a drop of the Oaxacan Gold while backā€¦on proseeds

6 Likes

When I reached out to Great Lakes Genetics about a year ago to ask about Cryptic Labs products, they told me that they put in a new order for them. A year agoā€¦and nothing but the same old products. I quite possible may have been the last person to order Cryptic Labs from them. A product named ā€œItem #9ā€ and was the last pack they had of them.

6 Likes

Hope to see more releases in future

proseeds lookinā€™ like promising situation for him :sunny:

5 Likes

At first I was concerned when my order arrived as they were not in the Cyrptic Labs packaging I was expecting but in plain white packets with simple black type like the old generic labels. I brought this up with the owner of Proseeds and he informed me that since he purchases in bulk from Cryptic Labs that this is how they are sold via his website. I believe Upstate has since become friends with Cryptic Labs and has verified that they are indeed authentic Cryptic Labs products beings sold by Proseeds. :wink:

9 Likes

Oh yeah, Cryptic is great guy

He has nice thread @ ICMAG on germination of his old mexican seeds Its great!

Uses live worm binā€¦goes by Mystic Funk

Thatā€™s good to hear tooā€¦about Upstate And they have been sharing that Oaxaca quite freely

Hope youre feeling little better Upstate! :partly_sunny:

Amazing to see how sturdy these plants are!

I kept thinking these are some darn sturdy lookinā€™ plantsā€¦Somebody else made a post to that effect

They seem to be finding exicting phenos in the mix

yeah, proseeds legit on what they have to offerā€¦ :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Mystic Funk told me he was done with this Oaxaca. He said he did his job getting it out there, and now heā€™s moving on to something else, and I happen to know what it is. If you all could keep an eye on pro seeds for me, I expect another pure mexican for sale sometime soon. I canā€™t tell you all what it is but it will be a good one from near Oaxaca. I havenā€™t been in touch with anyone from the other site. I havenā€™t been on there in 2 months at least because iā€™ve been so busy and can hardly keep up here. I need to get over there and say hello.
In the meantime, Iā€™ll be making some more oaxaca seeds at some point, and I have a few left now for anyone thatā€™s a regular on the thread hereā€¦@GMan
The Silversides lineage is special, descended from one fantastic plant. Itā€™s a pearl stem pheno, but waaaaay crustier than the other plants, with thick stem resin, making it shine like silver. Iā€™ve got a couple more original packs to go through and after seeing what I just saw on my upstate whatzit thread, Iā€™m tempted to pop some of them right this second and see if I can find any more keepers.
@HumblePie420 Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Thatā€™s your heritage buddy. Some of the best breeders on earth. They must truly love this plant. I think there is an 8 or 9 potency wise waiting for you to find it. Perhaps some of these other plants will hit that mark for youšŸ˜.
@TexasTea

Iā€™ll have some OSS X 71 Panama soon. Are you my Guniea pig?
@Greenfingers The resin comes on thick right around now if itā€™s going to. Over the next couple weeks you should see it. Good luck! Youā€™re getting close now.

12 Likes

Woah, another cool Mexican heirloom line coming from Mystic Funk? Thatā€™s super exciting, and thanks for the headā€™s up. :slight_smile:

Heck yeah, I would love to try the OSS x Panama 71!

9 Likes

@Bobgrows, my apologies. Your handle had me thinking you were a guy, thus my term ā€œbuddyā€ earlier.

I think I was mistaken. Thankyou dear.

8 Likes

Iā€™ll make a few seeds when I pollinate the Panama plants. Today, most likely.

6 Likes

All good! I get that alotā€¦ lol
But, the avatar I thought was a dead giveaway! Lol :grin::woman_shrugging:
@Upstate

8 Likes

This is a silverside from upstate mix pack. At first it had a burnt rubber smell now its woody cat piss spice
1c3da21f4dc145eb55b6b875fa3fc814e0a029c4_2_250x250 b439c2d1d2bd3e76d121c881ff8c55aa10d256d5_2_250x250 7564e01e099e835555ee047369f263694886b47a_2_250x250 f4c6cb13e6bd8bee3a8ed164ef4cbe8131fc909a_2_250x250 e5c39bcbbdc88495609a23ae34c414b708550654_2_250x250 28c331bb705a1fe816492874a84d091352ce586e_2_250x250

35 Likes

Very cool! That has to be a similar line to the Dr Grinspoon doesnā€™t it?

10 Likes