The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

If you’re willing to go smaller it is quite amazing what can be done micro style. Here are two one square foot tents. I’m vegging some Green Mountain Grapes that may or may not get too big for this…only a single 7 watt LED bulb with the globe removed. Total wattage 16w including the computer fan.

But my heavily trained Zamaldelica x Kali China is almost done. Under just 14 watts so 23w total with the fan. I think she might yield at least 3/4 oz.

25 Likes

This guy sounds a lot like mark in strainly but he send the seeds first lol

Right? He has me questioning life decisions. LOL

4 Likes

I have a pack of those Green Mountain Grapes as well from ACE. Let me know if you’ve got a link to that grow somewhere so I can follow along :pray:

2 Likes

That’s odd. Maybe he’s got a lot going on right now, but I’ve contacted him twice in the past and gotten a reply within 24 hours

2 Likes

Consider the possibility the email didn’t arrive in his inbox. A multitude of reasons why it might not.

2 Likes

My work emails get caught in folks spam boxes all the time. When I don’t hear back after a few days I call just in-case. :+1:

4 Likes

Seriously…Tiempo para practicar mi español :joy:

4 Likes

Hey brother…these are some fem testers that VM gave me this fall. Its my wifes favorite herb so I wanted to try them out and VM very generously gave me a few seeds. First time that he tried making fem seeds I believe. The GM Grape is his heirloom Oaxacan Gold x Purple Urkle so a sativa leaning polyhybrid. His stuff really smells strongly like grape juice when fresh, so im going to grow two plants and probably freeze some in the early cure to see if I can preserve some of those yummy terps. I’ve just been posting in the Green Mountain thread over on ICMag under the Ace forum. :wink:

9 Likes

Green Mountain’s Mountain Gold, which is his Oaxacan Gold heirloom x Federation Hawaiian Sativa. I didn’t get the donkey dick colas that VM showed me this fall, but they were lovely plants to grow with nice structure, minimal stretch and my two looked very uniform. Not big yielders for me, but the smoke is excellent. Old school fruity bubblegum aromas after a couple months cure. Reminds me of weed I would get in the early nineties when you scored a quarter of top shelf. Just delicious and it smokes very sweet. Quite potent and complete type of high, long lasting and very pleasant.

Shown here with some Golden Oyster mushrooms that I just grew in my flower room. I put them in my stir fry this evening and they were delicious. :slight_smile:

35 Likes

That strain of weed sounds delicious. I’m smoking on some Oaxaca I grew from Summer (Cryptic Labs, from @Upstate) and it’s delicious. Man, I’d love to grow shrooms for the table. Yo can do it in a grow room?

9 Likes

Reading all of you talking about that oaxaca makes my teeths long.

9 Likes

Yeah man, it’s stupid easy to grow them from a kit. Just grab one on Amazon. An innoculated log that you can cut open, spray it with some water, cover with a plastic bag and leave it in your grow tent for a couple of days. If you cut the mushroom flushes right away and resoak like they tell you in the instructions you can get several harvests from them.

8 Likes

Oh hell yeah! I was thinking that you needed a sterile lab. I guess thats for when you do your own inoculation and cultures… ?? Do you have a good link for trying it? Thanks! peace

5 Likes

Yep. Once a substrate is colonized, it’s very difficult to contaminate, the mycelium defend their territory! :bear::grin:

9 Likes

Thanks. I’d love to just eat some and try for the sterile room in the future. I had thought about doing a commercial sized grow set up in my basement which is pretty good size with 9’ ceilings, but, I would have to make a few improvements. So, if I can grow them with my pot, that’s a big win. Now, I’m hungry!

5 Likes

Here’s one that I grew before. There’s a bunch of different ones available…

7 Likes

I have been wanting to try oyster mushrooms. Just bought the kit. You have any tips?

4 Likes

I’ve heard it’s devolved a bit in terms of the community, but shroomery.org is a fucking diamond mine of information about mushroom cultivation. There’s info on both psilocybin bearing, and traditional edible mushrooms, and so much more.
@rogerrabbit is the forum guru over there, so if you check it out, his posts can be trusted.
Edit: The method I used to use to cultivate boomers is now archived over there as an antiquated method that isn’t recommended! :rofl::rofl::rofl: But i used to get like 4 pounds per flush! Ah the good old days of screening horse shit by hand…

10 Likes

Do you grow other edible mushrooms ? Not magic but any other edible. Those are beautiful I want to get into growing my own edible mushrooms. Is it as easy as growing cubes? Thanks

P.s. sorry isn’t thread specific.
Also sorry posted before I read the rest of the thread you just used a box ready to go ok. Mushroom man mycology sells bags of edibles block already pinning, a lot do actually, I’ve ordered many things from him lots of freebies and good quality.

4 Likes