The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Looks aren’t everything! :joy:

Back in the early 90’s (really? It’s 20 yrs ago?) that pressed stuff was legit. As long as it didn’t reek of ammonia.

I’m jealous. Did you find viable seeds in there?

5 Likes

GETTING PLUMPER!

I’m at the start of week 6 of flower so I think it’s time to cut down the males into a paper bag so I can get all the remaining pollen collected and then spread the girls out. Their stretch is virtually non-existent which blows my mind but it just tells me my plan of action worked out well for keeping them small :rofl:

When growing for flower I’m 100% going to grow less plants and veg them 4 weeks before flip to ensure a solid amount of biomass. The reported veg-time for these are 12-13 weeks with about the same in flower. I can’t & won’t deal with that… but I WILL address the flower stretch with training of various sorts.

They are an absolute gem regarding the stem rubs! Some are heavy on the floral incense notes, while others hit the nostrils with an instant sweetness of carrots which then fades into the background as the floral incense creeps in.

I’ll be applying BudBusterPro again tomorrow AM at lights off. I’ve only missed 1x treatment to ensure a 2 week span where the pollen can do its thing. As a bonus the spray-down should also deactivate any active pollen remaining on the ladies so I don’t end up with a pile of premature seeds to sort out and the plants end up focusing all their efforts towards making the viable ones as “Beefy as Fuck”.

Will snap some shots later tonight for my thread’s update and I’ll post a few here for anyone that’s interested. :smiley:

Thanks for asking @Upstate , always nice to know someone’s watching :rofl:

7 Likes

Whats budbuster pro? Sometimes the weather makes my life easier. After pollination the plants go outdoors and get rained on a few times, getting rid of the excess pollen.

2 Likes

30 years old timer​:sweat_smile::rofl::rofl::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Man I used to love some dark brown hard pressed weed. I wonder if it could be duplicated at home…my efforts at cobbing were mostly lousy and tended to ruin the flavor.

Red Snake is chugging along. Not much aroma yet though.

18 Likes

From Bob’s website:

“BudBusterPro is not really in the nutrient class. It does of course have a nutrient value of 1-1-20, however when you’re applying 3ml of concentrate in 8 oz water, it’s a pretty insignificant contribution! BudBusterPro is specifically designed to increase your bud yield 20-40%, and has NO plant growth regulators.”

@BudBusterPro can explain better and a good number of OGers use this stuff now after seeing fellow OGer’s comparison grows. @JohnnyPotseed had a great thread which was mind-blowing so I decided to try it out and am hooked. Bob also has a solid reputation for assisting any grower using his product through direct communication. You shoot him a question and he’ll get back to you promptly with more information that you asked for which is a style I love. :rofl: :+1:

Seeds are significantly beefier, and same with plants and flower when you use it that way. The only “fallback” is that you need to increase your feed rate as the plant will demand more food. Once I was at 150% feed-rate and no burn, just growth! :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Yeah thanks for taking ten years off my life. LMAO

Time dilation. I AM OLD. BUT AM I? :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

I’m loving those Red Snake and RS x Punto. Going to run some next spring. Really happy to have those beans. Thank you @TexasTea!

Have you ever grown one out to see how big it would get?

6 Likes

You are most welcome! I’m super happy with these plants so far, and Red Snake appears to be a great breeding tool. I will be interested to see how my Punta Cometa Oaxacan turns out, might be a good cross. I have some RS pollen in the freezer.

5 Likes

Just the cross with Purple Mexican, and that one is huge outdoors…ChupaCobra. :slight_smile:

I had one Red Snake last year that was very compact and had very candy like aromas.

6 Likes

I sure hope that one lives up to the name! :snake:

5 Likes

Me too! Toking on some barely dry bud this morning and she is nice…just took a few more branches yesterday and I will let the rest go another few days. No mold anywhere on this plant.

20 Likes

I wonder if it’s really ChupaCabra (GoatSucker) icon_e_confused|nullxnull as there’s no use on sucking a :snake:, really exciting plant anyway … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

@TexasTea named this cross a while ago, no doubt a play on chupacabra.

5 Likes

And by using Cobra in the name, it’s a play on red snake as well. Pretty clever.

5 Likes

Glad you guys get it…I just love names. One of my big frustrations with the CannaWorld is the names that don’t tell you anything about the product. This is one reason that I got into Ace and other traditional growers and the landrace preservationists. I mean, what the freaking hell is GorillaGonadCookies? “Well it’s the daughter of Wookie Cookies and GG#9000! Oh, of course, that is just so informative…” :smiley:

8 Likes

Sorry for being a smart ass :sweat_smile:, as they say, curiosity killed the cat|nullxnull, not easy to find out what’s inside a pothead … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

Dude you’re in my top 5 of most liked! Guess I’m more of a lurker though since I mostly browse on mobile.

Looking forward to your flower run on those to see them really go.

5 Likes

Now I’ll know when someone calls me something with “chupa” in it it’s not an invitation to dance…:dancer:

:joy:

7 Likes

It’s funny, several growers have told me the same when they see this pic. It’s nice to hear about the experiences of others. In my youth in Spain there was hash, not grass, normally poor quality, except for some divine occasions. I remember one time I was able to smoke Oaxacan hash, from a batch that stopped in Spain on the way to Amsterdam. The best black market hash I’ve ever smoked, and my first experience with Mexican/sativa stuff.
Samples like the one in the pic do not have much aroma, at least to my palate. Dirt/fungus is typical.

4 Likes