The "Freaky Bastard" (f1) Experiment with Marola

I agree nice looking girls

1 Like

Morning!!! My friend

1 Like

Good morning!

I am tending to all the other plants and the boom boom room’s got the tie on the knob, so no peeking… which has got me coming back here to look at the pictures.

I am really glad to have finally started a diary here.

Two weeks went by fast and I’ve been busy with work and the garden, but this is definitely going to be the norm.

Once, I can manage it, I’ll start posting some more :slight_smile: & looking more a my fellow OGs threads because I’ve drawn a lot of inspiration in the short time I’ve been here.

4 Likes

Thank you!

I agree, too @Hemp! I :heart: my little Freaks!

Tell me, do you take cuttings? (i.e is your Freakshow from seed or a cutting?)

3 Likes

I know I’m not @Hemp but I grew a couple phenos of FreakShow last year from clones. I’d definitely take clones if I were you just to hang onto those genetics cause otherwise you’re stuck re-vegging the plant to hang onto it and those just get to be a pain cause they take up more space in the veg tent and can take a little while to recover from the trauma of being flowered and then put back into veg. Just my 2 cents :v::seedling::green_heart:

1 Like

I agree plainly @MWgrower. This is a clone of the female specimen selected (out of the eight assessed) for this project.

Out of the eight females from the 20 beans popped, I originally kept two but eventually settled on this one as it demonstrated tighter internode spacing, more vigor (both in mother plant as well as clones) and a more notable nose.

8 Likes

Looks good. I was given 2 cuts by my ex wife and if I were her I’d keep popping beans to find something optimal :joy: I cut produced big spears and was frosty af, but the effect was kind of meh… the other produced lanky, loose very sativa type flowers but the terps and effect were outstanding. I’d be fine with a plant that had less bag appeal that checks all the other boxes but I know others aren’t too happy about it

1 Like

Are you keeping those phenos around to play with @MWgrower?

1 Like

No, I’m only growing outdoors right now as I’m staying with somebody as we are just finalizing the divorce and can’t take up all that space here. She hung onto the cut that produced the big spears but not the other. She’s still got the rest of the pack and I can always get cuts of anything she’s got. I would like to play with the strain a bit more though. Cross it to something fruity and indica based so I can have a nice hybrid as well as doing a fruity sativa with it but one that will produces tighter buds while maintaining the very sativa effect of it. We’ll see if I ever get around to it :joy: I have a lot of great ideas but ADD sometimes puts the nix on that at times cause I get excited about a lot of different things

1 Like

I will be.

1 Like

Man… you too? It really seems to be going around.

These projects really seem to help me focus on something.

I tend to have the same problem tho.

1 Like

here is the #2 pheno that had the loose, very sativa looking flowers

12 Likes

Good morning!

Update coming soon.

14 Likes

Looking good. Good afternoon now but yes morning.

1 Like

It was lights out for them, so no sweat!

I’ve been busy; but the experiment is on schedule and the stud was introduced (for lights out) on the 31st as planned.

Here’s a group shot from this morning.

15 Likes

Hey OGs,

I hope everyone is well.

Like I said - I been busy working on multiple projects; and am very sorry if I seem to have gone dark or failed to respond to anyone… Still around and will be back on here with everyone soon enough.

Until then, here’s an update and much love from Marola.

OGTW

21 Likes

Wow… been a while, huh OGs? This guy has been shedding for over a week and so I figured an update was well overdue.

By the looks of it he’s not quite done and so we’ll let him have at it for another week or two…

I’ve already confirmed that our ladies are with seed and the Freakshow is obviously loaded, with blonde pistils and visible seeds on almost every flower already.

Although the seeds from the Drunken Bastards are not protruding from the bracts like those of the Freakshow, the hairs are starting to turn; and in knowing how small the seed were to begin with, I am certain that at the subsequent line (F4) it will be no different.

EDIT It stinks in that 2x2 space, by the way. This Freakshow is undoubtedly the winner when it comes to terpene production (already knew this after stress tests) and she smells like Lemonheads; but surprisingly enough the pinene forward nose demonstrated by the drunken bastards has evolved to a mind boggling velvety cabernet on the smaller (No 6) one and No 5, the larger one, of poisonberry (lady of the night) with zero remnants of the pine scents. Just figured it was worth a mention.

28 Likes

Wow @ciganomarola ! I just got caught up on your thread and I have to say those are some freaky bastards!:grin: And I appreciate your terp report, I can totally picture it in my noses eye! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Best of luck on your pollinations! May all you selections be good ones!:peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Good to see you around again; you were everywhere for a bit, and then nowhere to be seen!

I was going to mention the aromas too, but who could put it better than this?!

Kudos on another successful step in your project @ciganomarola

5 Likes

:rofl: @Budderton!

Thanks for checking it out and bringing them positive OG vibes along with you.

Stick around… The next phase will be an important one… no spoilers (@GanjaMa); but it will hopefully help as many people as it boggles.

I will try to remember to thoroughly detail the logic behind the protocols adopted and welcome anyone to throw any questions they have my way. (Noting I’m no “guru” so take it as it is coming from a layman with a passion and some questions of his own)

@HeadyBearAdventures you’re too right, OG.

:man_shrugging: but I appreciate the kind wishes from you both!

9 Likes