I Dream of Breeding

Hey y’all, this is where I will keep a journal of my breeding projects and strain testing when I’m not doing freaker or co-op runs. Will also occasionally drop lists of gear from old/abandoned projects (stable and for free) to make room for future projects as I figure out what direction I want to take my breeding.

I am currently in the middle of a pheno hunt of my Falkor F2 which is Barney’s Farm: Red Dragon [Fem] (Utopia Haze {Brazilian Sativa} X West Himalayan Kush) X District Flora: Fublue [Male] (Barney’s Farm: Crimea Blue X ACE: Congo). I hunted 48 phenos but got hit with a bad aphid infestation as I pollinated my chosen mothers, so I took clones to run them again so I can see them in flower. I also have clones from a cut of my GoldenEye (Razavi Khorasan Iranian x Colombian Gold x Afghan) going that I really liked and a Falkor x Burmese (IBL from Coastal).

The plants about 3 weeks ago

Last Friday

Falkor #46

Falkor x Burmese

GoldenEye

Falkor #3

Another Falkor x Burmese

Falkor #6 - this clone almost died from under watering while I was on vacation (:roll_eyes: so much for plant sitters), so I had to cut the main stem which died and nursed one of the side nodes until it was the main. May throw this in veg with the cuttings I’ll take soon so I can flip the rest to flower

38 Likes

The curse of the plant sitter. They know not the damage they do haha. I’m along for the ride.

6 Likes

OH i like the look of Goldeneye! Is it one of your own strains? Also its an awesome name. :pray:t2:

Pz :v:t2:

6 Likes

Indeed, actually lost one clone (my favorite) altogether but I seeded the original mother so I guess I’ll be hunting those soon enough. Anywho, hop on and enjoy the ride!

3 Likes

Yes! It is one of mine, a play on the name of the genetics and one of my favorite N64 games. Has a complex menthol/earthy/musky/pomegranate nose and taste, have only grown it in 2 gals so I got one in a 3 gal and another in a 5 to see yield potential.

8 Likes

Nice, whats the genetic makeup?

Nice dude! Goldeneye and Perfect dark was my favorite n64 games aswell, the number of hours ive spent on those games :grin:

5 Likes

It’s Iranian (Razavi Khorasan) crossed with the Colombian Gold from World of Seeds but the C. Gold they have is apparently not even pure but rather an Afghan x C. Gold so it’ll be labeled as such from now on. I forgot all about Perfect Dark, my favorite level was near the end where you go to that planet with the reptiles that turn invisible. Also will never forget the briefcase gun they had, N64 had many gems!

7 Likes

Wow, thats one nice cross you got there, im impressed. Yes, CG from WoS is 50% Skunk #1 but tbh i dont think its an bad thing. Skunk is an awesome strain and with only 25% of it in the cross, it will provide you with alot of benefits of modern strains without being overly present.

Yes, that map was my favorite multiplayer map. Also the guided missiles were also cool :grin: Still play n64 with my friend but now a days we are usually playing pokemon stadium :grimacing:

2 Likes

I will be here watching! :slightly_smiling_face: :v:

2 Likes

Did wold of seeds disclose this or is it a assumption within the community.

2 Likes

Really? Where’d you find that info? I only saw someone mention the Afghan in an ICmag forum, which made since because the buds on my C. Gold were pretty dense and the male I used was a mutant with sativa leaves and an indica structure. He was shorter/bushier than the females with many smooth/non-serrated leaves. Maybe I’ll Bx with a real Colombian gold somewhere down the line

Assumption, I went to look it up after I cured and smoked the bud. The nugs were too dense, the leaves weren’t thin, didn’t grow particularly tall, and tasted/smelled like captain crunch. It was good but it didn’t look like any Colombia Gold I’ve ever seen nor match the profile really :man_shrugging:t4:

Many people seem to have a similar experience. There are some short fatter leaved plants in South America like lemon verde but Columbia gold should have a pretty distinct look.

2 Likes

Yup, apparently it has to do with them getting it from breeders in Spain. I don’t really know what they meant by that though, I guess some banks get people in EU to do their genetics and they lie?

2 Likes

Yeah, it was an under contractor who spilled it. WoS wanted more of a “modern” take on the classics. They told the breeders to Skunk it and most of their strains are Skunk #1 but you might be right that CG might be afghani. Tbh WoS strains are not bad but its not what they sats it is :grimacing: If they just where honest, i think alot more people would enjoy their strains. Most of the banks from Dutch and Spain are shadey! Thats why i dont trust TRSC any more. They have inflated the thc numbers on some of their strains and change the description to more of a hype approach. Soon, we will probably find out shit about ace seeds aswell…

4 Likes

This is going to be fun!! Thank you! One question, I noticed 3 blades leaves, is that pretty common or is that inherited? I haven’t seen regularly in my grows is why I ask. Thanks

1 Like

Do you mean kwik seeds part or trsc. Trsc themselves dont make many claims at all on their site, and recognise and point out that most of what they have are raw field landraces that can have drastically different results plant to plant in a certain strain.

2 Likes

TRSC, on their website.
Example of what i mean. On the description of the strain: Rif Mountain (Ketama). It says “The original Moroccan landrace from which this heirloom has been inbred is believed to have originally been collected in the ’90s. It’s since undergone several generations of intensive modern breeding work, making it well-suited for use as bud.”

Before a couple of years ago, this text didnt exist. It only said that the seeds was sourced in the 90s. Also it grows different then before. So this is hardly the same strain as before, its been heavy selected into something thats not the moroccan hashplant…

Another example is this from the same description that didnt exist before: “A useful breeding tool, and an example of what can be achieved by inbreeding similar and superior landrace strains such as the”.

This text is just added and I dont know why, ive bred with the old version of this strain and Ace version and Ace version is way better at breeding and as someone tried to breed with this cultivar, i wouldnt recommend it like that…

Im just saying that the TRSC that we knew and loved before is not really the same any more… We will just have to accept it.

4 Likes

Intresting. Thanks for the info. Good thing is they actually put that information in the description, im sure many would be surprised at those who dont. But your right, its something to look out for. Thanks

2 Likes

Yeah i know, i like TRSC and all the money ive been happy to throw at them. But they have lost many deals with larger seed sites and the raids in Spain, i think they are trying to survive. Time are tough for many breeders right now. As you stated its very noble of them to write this out. I hope things start to turn around for them.

3 Likes