The longest, slowest build. 30sq ft bust up reclaimed shed

Is he going to start selling kits ?
: )
@Esrgood4u

4 Likes

Not as far I’m aware buddy. He’s just knocking me one up as a favour. We’ve been friends since we were kids and help eachother out when needed. I’ll certainly ask him for you though.

3 Likes

I’m going to tag along as I’m a shed grower myself. I also run a ebb and flow but use it as a automated DWC system. Took me over a year to put mine together and still doing modifications to make it better (I think). Good luck on your build.:grin::green_heart:

1 Like

Well, the first step is to take that hammer & dog and go demolish the surrounding dwellings. This will provide excellent privacy and possibly some free materials. :white_check_mark:

Serious thoughts aside :joy: MDF basically dissolves if it gets wet…can’t recommend it.

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

External OSB for the win. :+1:

3 Likes

They look alright. Nip over and have a look at the olive buckets I’m using in my multi strain bro and you’ll see what I’m planning to rock there.

I had a little dabble growing mushrooms years ago and decided it wasnt for me. I’ll just go out and of October once a year :joy: get green and sideways on liberty caps.

Glad to have you along for the ride. I’ve moved the shed over to where it needs to be now. Still to fix up the roof but I grabbed 4 pallets today for £15 from a place down the road. So that’s a sub floor in. Have to board it still as dont want any gaps. I’m considering making the space 6x4ft to leave me 6x4ft to smoke and make nutes up etc. Cant smoke in the house. So this space is welcome for that way before it sees a plant. Will probably be a year in the making too. Any pics of your setup mate?

My new neighbour graham is lovely. I’ve noticed he purposely winds hank up so he barks now so I go out for a chat. What he doesn’t know is that probably makes my day as much as his so i wont be smashing his up. Fortunately though I work where materials sometimes become available :roll_eyes::joy:

Yeah wasnt looking at MDF. Especially not for the roof bro :joy:

I wanted to reply and the OG overlords said try again in 7 hours :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Update on the shitshed. Got 4 pallets (£15) to use as the subfloor.
Found a load of ply/worktop/framing timber on marketplace. Went down to get it in the megane (lol)
Ended up bringing 2m² of composite deck boards back and Belling james to see when we can go get the boards and timber in the van.
My neighbour had half a roll of roofing felt he said I was welcome to. Painting the inside with Leyland trade undercoat. To try and add some moisture back to the wood and a bit of protection internally. Even though you wont see it eventually.

I already have a big circulation fan sorted. Just absolutely everything else to go now. If anyone uk sides is getting rid of any fans/filters/rope ratchets etc. Please shout up :100:

6 Likes

Great budget build, it’s starting to look like a respectable shed.

3 Likes

That’s a 100,000$ new home in America! AirBnB here we come!

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

This will be great, count me in! :+1:

2 Likes

Once it’s got a roof and floor in. It should look a whole lot more shed like. Trying to skimp on external materials so I can spend a bit more on the internals.

The housing market is the same in england too. This is why I love boats so much brother CS. I’m renting it out to 8 lovely ladies when it’s done on a 4 month lease :joy:

Thankyou man. Glad to have you along. Have to find £10 for diesel to go get the ply and worktop. The framing timber went last night.

4 Likes

Bill of materials for the light

36 x 3500k 1120mm bridgelux eb gen 2 strips
£216.64 (+20% VAT) = £259.96

4 x meanwell XLG-240-L-AB drivers
£167.62 (+20% VAT) = £201.14

4 x B100k potentiometers
(Pack of 5 on Ebay) £6.06

8 x M6 lifting eye bolts with nuts and washers.
(10 pack on ebay) £14

72 x M3 machine screws
(100 pack on ebay) £3.30

10 metres of twin core 0.75mm² cable
(Ebay) £9.95

4 x inline 240v switches
(Ebay) £7.14

7.2 metres of 25mm aluminium angle.
Yet to source at a good price.

4 Likes

Bro if your running that amount of power I’m guessing you have a good friend who a sparky that’s willing to help you out for a set cash sum?? :rofl:

2 Likes

I could wire the meter myself bro. But no. It’s a paid electricity setup. Won’t be using full power all the time. But I want to show my mate matty that LED will compete with his gavitas :joy:

Like I have a set cash sum I could set aside for that bro. Be looking for a loan shark to set up at this rate. Cant even find a tenner to go get the ply so yesterdays paint is now being rained on :no_mouth::joy: meh fuck it

2 Likes

When I was running at 1kw my weekly bill for growing went from £20 aweek to £45 with the price increase. This is why I’ve cut everything back and reduced my grow area. I’m now running around half that now. Sometimes it feels like It would be better and cheaper to just buy it. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

My loft tent costs about £12 a week to run in veg. Will likely go down a couple quid when I switch to 12/12.

If I could get the shed running at £20/25 a week. Starting plants in the loft space. And kicking the system on when cuts/beans are ready and in the clay pebbles. 12wks about £300 plus nutes. It is definitely worth not buying it and growing so long as I get more than 3oz. If I dont get that then I’ll stop growing forever lmao :joy:

3 Likes

Elixir is a good place to look for soluable fertiliser , lots of ratios to choose from : ) or eBay Amazon for chempak

Elixir10 is code for further 10% discount , and shipping is cheap considering weight or size
( I ordered 3 110L pots and was only charged 5.99 postage ) pots were cheap too compared to same on other sites

2 Likes

Soluble will be good for the outdoors mate. But ilm be using chemgen in the flood and drain if it does well in the loft. So I’ll still be having a gander. The list for the flood and drain components will be coming this evening. Then environmental controls :sunglasses:

1 Like

Well after 2 years of hitting the dispensary. I decided to try and build something to grow in. My house is a tiny 2 room shack, couldn’t do it there. Buddy gave me a old car port, turned it into a big shed. This is what I came up with. Grow space is 4ftx12ft , added nute room on the end.

:grin::green_heart:

15 Likes

That looks epic. You’re making my build look like a tinker toy with that space :100::joy: what are the COBs you are using? I’ve built a few in my time usually using citizen citiled chips. But then moved onto strip lights. Had some good results too.

4 Likes