The Power of Boron

I was thinking more of a probe or a radar but I accept your taking of responsibility for this highly important issue.

5 Likes

Lol I’ll swap back to “anti v1ru5” or “strain hybridizor” eventually

6 Likes

I said this once in Bio II in high school and my teacher had clearly not seen this movie lol.

I literally can’t not say it when someone says “chlorophyll”. It’s like a compulsion at this point.

8 Likes

“No I will not make out with you!” :joy:

2 Likes

a8cd6b82-9a13-4417-bbc2-2b1825c893c5_text

5 Likes

It remains eminently quotable and still holds up today.

I love Adam Sandler. Well not every movie lol but a significant chunk of them.

And he still dresses like he works part time at a gas station even though he’s obscenely rich. I love it.

3 Likes

Shooter McGavin is possibly the best comedic villain of all time.

5 Likes

Have a look at these articles:

https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.com/article/cultivation-matters-ncsu-boron-fertilization-nutrition-deficiency-toxicity/

https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.com/article/when-micronutrients-become-macro-problems/

The authors claim that optimal levels are far above typical amounts provided by standard nutrient recipes.

7 Likes

We gotta put the boron question to bed lol.

I guess I’ll buy some 20 mule team borax next time I’m at the store and make a solution.

4 Likes

I’m already testing elevated boron using their boric acid, but was too chicken to try 8.75ppm. I’m running about 1ppm and it’s fine.

11 Likes

Interesting.

Any notable difference from when you weren’t using it?

4 Likes

I change so much stuff all the time, I don’t really have a controlled experiment. All I can really tell you is that at ~1ppm, plants seem to be happy still.

Also – I use boric acid rather than borax. Borax adds sodium which is probably fine, but one of those things where less is always better.

7 Likes

Have you grown a plant before that had a visible Boron deficiency? Reason I ask is because it was suggested that my current issue may be that. After a little more research and input from ReikoX, I don’t think that’s it, but I was curious if you had experienced it.

2 Likes

When I originally saw this thread, my brain read this as:

“The Power of Bacon” and my first thought was “fuck yeah!”

7 Likes

Bacon is an essential micronutrient.

6 Likes

Ya realize… 1 box of 20 mule team borax is enough to share with everyone on this thread, and then some, right? ROFLMAO…

Right ON bro! PREACH IT!

5 Likes

“What’s this baggie of white powder?”

“It’s Boron officer, for a plant experiment! I swear!”

“OK hands behind your head”

9 Likes

2 Likes

It seems your ph must be well out of wack if you’ve got a Boron def.

2 Likes

Amazing stuff for male flower production if used correctly (I believe it was started in late bed through to end of transition) worth a search to read up on definitely made a huge difference with two applications even started a week after flipping. You can use borax at 10x the dose ( borax is low in boric acid) this is what the plant will actually use