The Power of Boron

Please, let’s not conjure another sock account.

5 Likes

Mega Crop 2 part A

Boron :heavy_check_mark:

51j+kDJcUXL.AC

2 Likes

This is not correct, at least where I live up north. I’ve tested my soil and we have abundant calcium, but low iron.

There’s a Colorado company called richlawn that makes lawn fertilizers for Colorado lawns. Based on my test results, their fertilizers are perfect for amending my soil. They make a product called iron-rich to address our low iron levels.

Not to fuel any boron apologists, but the main reason I can believe that cannabis may benefit from elevated boron is because cannabis likes high levels of calcium and can apparently tolerate pretty high levels of boron compared to most plants.

Take a look at Mulders chart and you’ll find that Calcium is an antagonist toward boron, meaning that it interferes with its uptake (as is potassium). Cannabis has a lot of competition in the cation space where the nutrient balance is most challenging.

2 Likes

“Calcium uptake is a function of boron availability and uptake” - slownickel

1 Like

Boron foliar at flower upto 150ppm in studies shows increased yield. That seems like a very high amount so i recalled this:

Clearly toxic to roots. I dont recall much but plants didnt burn with the above amount. Ill have to try it at flip.
1ml of .47% is 4700ppm at 1ml divided by only 100? That’s 470 ppm?

Hey if it works….

1 Like