The Vault’s Blue Dream’matic Auto Comparative Grow – in association with FastBuds

They have won endless awards and have always been a very respectable company, this might have been an isolated event with the batch in question, but…

Is that the reason WHY they gave them away? I got mixed feelings, not really mad, actually kinda sad.

2 Likes

Never heard of fast buds, but I stand by the "if it’s Dutch it ain’t much statement. Lol

2 Likes

If they hadn’t hermied the blue dream would have been among the best autos i ran. But one hermied.

The Dutch Passion’s Brooklyn Sunrise is prolly the best auto i have ran, besides the BDM, so i cannot say i do not like the Dutch genetics without being hypocritical, u know bro!

Sci :robot:

1 Like

Your first mistake was running autos lol

2 Likes

How did i know you were going to say that… HAHAHAHAHAHA!

1 Like

I had a couple sent to me by a friend and one of those hermie’d and seeded a few of ( not ALL) my other flowering photo’s, so i moved em to the other end of the house where they’re doing fine…no nanners- they get a daily check.:wink:
Fk even the blue dream matic could have hermie’d too…? I finished the 1st one a week or so ago and I have a neglected BDM in flowering tent just now, gonna take it and put it with the 2 x Brooklyn sunrise now i know they’re prone to herm…
Cheers for the heads up…
Happy growing guys,
Gaz

2 Likes

I have found with running autos it’s harder for me to run them compared to photos, with that non existent veg time, if you stunt the growth you come out with a tiny plant. No vegging longer if needed. . . I love autos and I hate them at the same time

3 Likes

That was my story about a year ago… Now i learned not to make mistakes with autos, i have been running photos only tho. Until now man!

1 Like

They could have sent them out free as a tester too us to see real world outcomes…i have some going also…we didnt pay for them so there is no loss realy…maybe they “fastbuds” want a bunch grown out to see how they do…see were im going?..no harm no foul intended…so if they follow the feedback from us-maybe they wont go for sale or what not
.i cant complain on a negative outcome when the example was free.

Here is my update :grin::v:

BDM1

BDM2
sorry guys i forgot and I left my other auto male outside and it popped so these girls might be pollinated SORRY :cry:
And the crazy hail storm I got damaged some leaves but these girls are still going strong

3 Likes

Hi Guys,

I will relay all issues back to FastBuds. Please note that they didn’t just give these seeds away because there were issues with them, they do a “comparative” grow with us usually once a year, as its a great way to get their seeds in front of new potential customers and also helps them to build brand awareness etc. so it doesn’t make sense for them to use poor seeds.

On behalf of their support team that 1 or more of you reached out to, they most likely were not aware of this promo and and as such would be unable to help, however the owner of Fastbuds will be notified about this by The Vault.

This is the first time I have heard negative feedback on Fastbuds so I am thinking it may have been a bad batch.

Because they are free seeds we of course cannot replace these.

4 Likes

Nobody wants you to, but it’s important to let you know.

You don’t look a gift-horse in the mouth!

Thanks @George_The_Vault!

PS.: I will run some of these Blue Dream outdoors next… And see what happens.

3 Likes

The amount of herms I’m seeing and the fact I’ve already pulled a ball sack myself earlier in the thread means I’m probably going to cut my losses with these genetics. I won’t call where they are I will place them outdoors to see how they finish but I can’t take up indoor room and electricity for a potential poor outcome.

I’d like to thank @George_The_Vault and @The_Vault_Team for the opportunity too. I’m sure 420 fast buds will appreciate the feedback.

7 Likes

Well just to add, so far my plants have not shown any herm issues, one has a bad growth structure and a calyxs busting stacking growth pattern ive seen before on some other genetics that’s not desirable in my opinion.

But @MadScientist did you actually have fully fledged seeds ? Have any pictures of dissected calyxes ? Reason i ask is sure my plants are displaying swollen calyxes that at first glance to some they would consider them seeded, but they aren’t.

Reason why i always check, as ive been fooled to many times.

Said aforementioned swollen calyxes, that are “not” seeded

And the non desirable calyx bursting / stacking genetic trait “personal preference here”, where in the end you get a lot of stem in comparison. But something i’ve seen before

5 Likes

To add here is the better genetic trait one and how its looking.

Its gonna be pretty beefy in the end.

4 Likes

I did dissect a few, and they had the seed in it in development, completely green and it was hard…

1 Like

That just looks like pre-seeds “ovule” to me but your eyes in person are better, but usually they are small and yellow if older and green if newer, black sometimes when dried or really old, but they are only about 1-2mm in size and common.

Unless they are actually growing seeds like fully fledged, looking like green peas 3-6+mm in size when removing them from the calyx and when crushing them expelling a lot of water, id say you may have jumped the gun.

But again you can see better in person.

2 Likes

That was exactly what happened bro, I even squished one with my fingers, and cotyledons came out, they would have been good seeds too… HAHAHA

I am gonna practice a lot with my press now!

4 Likes

Shot of a top bud of the better Blue Dreamatic.

7 Likes

Here is my other BDM, the one that didn’t hermie on me.

I love the BDM structure and yield, it’s filling up with trichomes now, it’s probably got like two more weeks to go, even tho the breeder says 70 days, very pleased with this plant, very healthy and smells amazing, smells BLUE!!!

Synesthesia at its best!

Sci :robot:

6 Likes