These ok for veg?

Not trying to run 3000w mh for 18 hrs a day for 6 weeks so looking for a les expensive solution i came across these. Grow space is gonna be about half of a 12x12 room.

1 Like

How much are they, they come up as currently unavailable for me.

So you want to cover a 6x6 area? (36 square feet)

6x12(72sqft) they’re $209.

If i did the right math that will only equal 10 watts per square foot. It will grow stuff but you may get stretching issues

Thats assuming its actually 72 watts per light from the wall and not an equivalent to

3 Likes

Space is adjustable, going to be 15 plants. Would i just be better off using 2000w mh to start and adding my others as they grow?(I’m really kicking myself in the ass about these non dimmable ballasts)

You could probably use the shoplights in the seedling and young plant stage. But I’d think you’d need more light once they start bushing out and “doing stuff”. It would probably cost you more to buy those lights you’ll use for 3 weeks than to run 2000 w all through veg.

Someone else may say different? But if I were in that situation I’d use what I got

2 Likes

If it helps, I run 37ish watts per square foot LED in my 2x2 tent from multi leaf seedling until finish. For brand new seeds I’m usually around 25 watts per square foot 2 feet above

1 Like

Cool, I’ll hold off on these till I set up a veg room.

1 Like

A 600 will veg a 5x5 area, 1K isn’t necessary. A 630 CMH would be even better. I veg a 4x4 under a 315 CMH and it works great.

You can also only run 1 light for now, a lot of little veg plants will fit under a 1K.

1 Like

I run 25w old LEDs per sq ft in veg

1 Like

Yeah i had em in cart and math had me take em out. They will not meet daily moles for the plant unless on 24hrs and close to plants. Real close. Those nice ppfd numbers look good look at the distance then look at em 6 inches further. Goes from good ppfd to none. And anywhere off center the same.

1 Like

Yeah, think I’m gonna do seedlings under my 400w mh in 3 small rubbermaid tubs(dwc), then change out to their 5 gallon hydro buckets and spread them apart adding the rest of the lights until they fill out.

1 Like

I bought the 4 footers use them in my mother tent, 6 were 48 usd at amazon a year ago

1 Like

EBay was selling durolux 4ft 8 bulb 6500k t5s and I think they put out 40,000 lumens for 140 bucks. Nice lights too. There made of stainless and aluminum with 2 four bulb switches and a extra outlet on the end

1 Like