Tips on how to increase stacking?

Genetics. 18” means nothing without knowing how strong it is. Photone has been suggested and it’s a very good idea.

Some plants want to stack and some plants want to stretch some want to do both and there are little tricks you can use to minimize/maximize this but it’s mainly genetics.

7 Likes

For sure! I give the veg plants enough light that they don’t stretch, but not so much they’re turning away from it. I generally don’t need 500+ ppfd to do that. To each his own tho ^^

3 Likes

Another thing you can do if your into high stress training is denode your plants before flower. Take em all the way to the first node, and cut any branches that aren’t canopy level.

Butttttt the only caveat is i wouldnt suggest doing that unless you know your ladies can take it, otherwise you may cause herming.

3 Likes

What do you mean take them to the first node? Pretty much just cut any and everything below canopy

1 Like
1 Like

He starts doing it at 4ish minutes in

genetics.
3 liters coconut, only cannaa+b and cal mag. no tying, bending, pissing, or weird tricks.

16 Likes

Those are the kinda buds im expecting!

Instead i got 8th size nugs and golfballs

3 Likes

Difference between growing something with nl5haze in the lineage vs a kush or cookies type plant.

7 Likes

Here is a link to something I put together on this topic.
Good luck
Shag

1 Like

It is genetic, assuming that light, water, air and soil is correct.
Above all, hybrid sativa genetics is what you have to look for, these plants are clones, they do not have even a week of veg, they end up at 1.5/2 meters with a single central cola. What you are looking for are hybrid sativas good for SOG.

3 Likes

So you took a cut, waited for roots, planted it flipped it and end up with 2 meter tall plants with straight donkey dicks? Damn i really need to get my shit together

3 Likes

Yes, basically that’s how it is, if the clones are a little ugly I give them a little growth but never more than a week.
The photos are Kali mist and Thai chocolate x Pakistan.

2 Likes

Amazing looking plants. Killer smoke i bet

1 Like

The principles of crop steering suggest that water stress during the stretch period is an effective way of reducing stretch and increasing bud sites. That would be a good first step. Depends on your growing media though, kinda hard to do in soil.

4 Likes

Biggest things (in a very loose descending order)

1. More light
  2. Better nutrition
  3. Better airflow
  4. Optimized environment (optimal temps and humidity)
  5. Better yielding varieties
  6. Better techniques (active hydroponics always will outyield other methods every time)
  7. Better training of the budsites to maximize portions of the buds in the optimal light zone.
  8. Vegging as long as you can get away with
  9. “Generative drydowns” maintaining ideal moisture and EC levels to spur flower development
  10. Untopped plants will always have larger single colas but this may not be optimal for many reasons.
  11. Using many small untopped plants generally will outyield larger bushes
9 Likes

Wouldn’t using a 6k kelvin light instead of a 3k kelvin light also help minimize stretch and keep plants really squat/stackable?

2 Likes

And in a shorter amount of time.

4 Likes

I have heard that keeping night temps consistent with day temps (light off vs light on), helps with tighter node spacing. This isn’t something I aim for personally though.

2 Likes

That stuff is super cool, but too much for me in a little home setup. The sensors reading the leaf surfaces and stuff. Crazy neat. Can really control/steer plants with all of that stuff.

1 Like