Maximising your yeilds

So I have been trying to search about this and there’s a lot of i got this or this product will boost your yeilds. I tried not to make a new topic but none of the answers I have found are satisfactory.

My aim is to find out the method and means to maximise yield in a 2x2 and 4tall.
Lower costs and minimal input are of course a huge thing to factor in so please fire away with ideas and ideal setups. My last grow hit 214g averaging 15g per plant with a total grow time of 75 days from seed. If my next grow even comes near the same plant weight average as last I will double or triple my yield so I know that huge yields are theoretically possible.

As some of you lot will know the search for this has literally driven me up the wall of my grow box to essentially double the space used in the area given.

8 Likes

Without discussing nutes and additives etc. the best method I’ve used in a small space is scrog.

6 Likes

Did you look into bud spacing when you did that? Also with a scrog how long was the veg time? I see people get huge yields but 2 months of veg time which means they get 1 grow inside of 1.5-2 grows of mine

4 Likes

Are you saying you got a 1/2 pound out of a 2x2?

You should be congratulating yourself. That’s an amazing result.

My best yield ever was a pound in a 2x4 running 3 plants.

I stay away from magic potions. Quality training, good veg time, proper genetics, and quality LITFA is what you need.

And congrats, that’s a great yield.

9 Likes

Growing from clones I was able to completely fill a 2x2 screen in about 4 weeks. Best I could get, and not all strains will do that. I’m old and my memory ain’t what it used to be, but I think it was BigMac that was the fastest producer I had.
I prefer to grow jungle bush style now :grinning:

3 Likes

Thankyou yeah that’s what I got but being an impatient person I want more, any idea what yield you got? I got mine off 14 autos.

2 Likes

I think you’ve already maxed out your 2x2.

There’s always room for some improvement, but not by much I wouldn’t think. I wouldn’t change a thing if things were going so well.

If you need to yield more, get a bigger tent.

All the best

5 Likes

:rofl: check out my growing sideways thread, I’m going to persevere in at least hitting 500g if going up the wall works. I’m really interested in making the most out of a small space, if I had more room I wouldn’t be so much on this line of thought.
If you saw my last grow you might be able to see there was actually quite a bit of open space using the SOG method especially if I trimmed off the 1g side buds that took up a huge area proportionatly.
I’m starting to get the feeling most don’t try to push it as far as I am and I may have to just prove it to myself that it’s possible.

2 Likes

If you could get an 8’ cabinet you could turn it into 2 4’ grow spaces of the top of my head.

3 Likes

16+ clone sog? :man_shrugging:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

@Foreigner yeh at the mo i have a 2ft cube ontop of my 2x2x4

@cannabissequoia im yet to try a clone SOG so i cant quite tell how it will compare to the auto SOG that im using as they flip after 3 ish weeks from seed

3 Likes

I’m currently trying for maximum yield from 1 plant in my 2x2… i did about 8 weeks veg, started with the plans for an 8 top manifold but that spiraled out of control pretty quickly lol. No net, just lst, topping and half a tomato cage.

If it produces similar to when I had 4 plants, im hopping for 6-8 oz… but im probably dreaming lol

18 Likes

Na Man that’s well within reach! Good luck you ya I hope you get more

5 Likes

I’m working on a multi-tier vertical clone SOG. I only have 1 true example of a typical clone I would run in it and she’s only just started flowering, but she looks nice. I also have a tiny clone that never really grew and it’s happily flowering away it’s little 1g nug it will end up with.

I agree for a 2x2 you’re pushing it at ~15g/plant. If you can’t increase your footprint, go up vertically.

If you can get a second tier of plants you double your yield. You might need a taller tent and another light and maybe a cheap shelf rack, but I bet you could pull it off.

2 Likes

Or two tents and a shelf holding the tents, if you can’t find an 8’ high tent. I’ve never seriously tried tent shopping.

2 Likes

Yeah mine is a plywood shelving so it’s easy peasy to modify, I understand being capped at around 15g per plant but I just went from 14 to 45 plants sooooooo the hope is to hit the same average per plant but keep the same space and wattage.

Hopefully this shows you what I’m doing now to maximise my space without rewiring the light into two units for multiple shelves.
Bob’s growing sideways

2 Likes

I dunno if you can do more than you have. That looks like a pretty optimal use of space.

I mean, if at the end of flowering all of that is buds, then you physically can’t fit more in :joy:

1 Like

:crossed_fingers: :rofl: I’m hoping someone points out something I have missed but we shall see how mine goes, I find I can generally get a feeling if I can improve upon what I did by the end of the grow like if I messed up somehow.

From the looks of it you have a light on the 2x4 surface, a SOG on the bottom 2x2 and a SOG on the other 2x4?

Did you consider running the light on the bottom or top 2x2 and do 2 2x4 SOGS on the sides?

Yeah that’s right.
Oooooh running it top down and sog on two or three sides and the bottom? :rofl: damn that’s a good idea if the light isn’t too far away from the ones farthest away!
I will have to try that at some point… Probably after the next run as I want to just run a few different strains as testers and grow them well next.

2 Likes