To spray, or not to spray...?

Ok-- I KNOW hw everyone feels about spraying budding plants- but what if there is a bug issue, or the possibility of disease/mold?

We only use NEEM- it is supposed to pretty much ‘‘do it all’’ and rinses off easily…

Which is worse-
Spraying buds, or letting nature take its course?

3 Likes

Total indoor grower here and only have delt with a few fungus gnats before they got out of control. I have some Trifecta crop control just incase and have heard good things about it. It’s all plant oil based and safe to use until the final two weeks of flowering.

I will use neem during veg and flower, just rinse later after problem is resolved. And or wash buds

4 Likes

That’s what I thought-- used to do that, but was told not to… and now have issues…

2 Likes

I wouldn’t use neem during flower personally. If use something citric acid based in flower

6 Likes

You won’t if it’s dilliuted neem. That’s shits fine. Just rinse or spray them like with a nozzle or spray can water after problems are gone. I used it a ton and it helped. Also saved my cuts a few years back.

2 Likes

Tell you the truth that’s all I had available at the moment
Still think it’s OK though

3 Likes

Just adding that neem is systemic, and quite efficient at it. It’s not a local application, even used only in soil as repellent.

2 Likes

NOT A SALESMAN, but I recommend sierranaturalscience.com products. CAN BE USED UP TO DAY OF HARVEST. May include some of their PM Products in an AUG/SEP GIVEAWAY. That would have to be U.S. ONLY due to Custom Form requirement if shipped elsewhere. We’ll see, there may not be any/enough interest. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

There is that one and done mite and thrips thread that gives an organic recipe you can use until Harvest Time. I wouldn’t use neem except in the first quarter of flowering long flowering sativas. I have done it later and you can taste it. Maybe Outdoors if you were getting lots of rain you could get away with it. I took my plants outside and sprayed them real good with a hose upside down and that got rid of lots of the little boogers.
If you have a water barrel you can drown the whole entire plant for 24 hours and it will live…the bugs will die

8 Likes

I should add that I didn’t wash those plants off that I hit in early flower with neem.( the plants where I was able to detect the neem when I smoked it) Good to know that you can get rid of that neem. How late have you sprayed in flower and how long flowering was the stuff you sprayed?

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up @misterbee !!! :blush: :+1:

4 Likes

As late as week 5 week 10 stuff.

2 Likes

Personally wouldn’t neem unless you’re looking at three months or so since it’s systemic. It’s not worth the possible health risk when there are safer alternatives.

4 Likes

This is what @Upstate is referring to:

It’s food grade ingredients that can be fairly easily sourced.
I’ve started using it this past year for that random thrip outbreak. I can say that it works. :+1:t3:
I’m actually very likely going to be using it well into flower this run. If anything, just as an IMP.
This time of years temperatures always have them little bastards finding their way into the grow.
Thanks again for that @JohnnyPotseed. :call_me_hand:t4:

Best of luck LadyZ
:peace_symbol::heart::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

If I need to spray I straight kill the plant.

3 Likes

That’s me too. If I need to spray im tossing it.

I also think that Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome or whatever is tied to Neem :thinking:

3 Likes

Agreed.

The only exception is when I take in a clone (almost never) it gets beaten and sprayed to within an inch of it’s life.

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with foliar ipm or immune boosters safer than neem smell imo better for bees outdoors…
Healthy plants with good genetics rarely have bug issues by flower.

1 Like

This is so true. If I get spider mites its almost always on a plant drinking itself dry in a little container for too long. Once it begins to run out of food it weakens and becomes susceptible.

I just used it week five of flower yesterday. I’ll know how the plants made out shortly.

2 Likes