Slow but hungry Red mites

Hi guys,I Ve been battling mites,Red mites for precision,that appeared in my plant 3 weeks ago.Starting from low leaves they climbed.I used to kill Them by sight,then I used agricultural bio soap sprayed.Those treatments were applied once each in between days of pause.I am now applying pure cold extract neem oil(5ml) and 10ml soap in 1liter.I did It twice this week and noticed they are going slow but eating a lot in some leaves.

Iam seeing their population has climbed in the higher leaves and Is more hidden/Little than the ones I killes before,like they are playing Hide’n seek

I am 2 weeks early into flowe,towards day 45(autoflower)
Should I buy spinosad based product or Just let It ride?

I have 3 more plants not showing spidermites but in close contact with the infected plant in my tent.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about the mites. They suck. Period. If you can go outside and find as many of these little bastards as you can and put them on your plant.

10 Likes

Do those eat only aphids?I saw Them in action,but didn’t know about Them killing spidermites…?
@MonasticDank

1 Like

They’re good for many things. May not be the most effective option strictly for mites but they’re readily available and they’ll hunt the buggers down if it’s their only food source in the tent… but that’s just my bro science speaking. Here’s an article I found with a quick search it may be helpful.

6 Likes

Spray hard every other day for week. It will lower the population without harming your stash. The last 3 weeks of flower might knock your medicine off.

3 Likes

Ummm are you spraying neem and soap on a already flowering plant ? If so there will be a ton of residue left behind that is going to end up in your lungs.

6 Likes

Personally from experience, I would expect those plants to be infected and deal with them at the same time as your others. It could save you a lot of time and frustrations.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that you have mites!
That is one war I do not wish on anyone…

I would check out @JoeCrowe work on Sider mites!
Just be prepared for Joecrowe to tell you like it is…
Hopefully he will pop in here…

I second this :arrow_double_up:. Those little bastards are freaking relentless.

3 Likes

Yah I always take small clones and wash them up, as well as scrub the grow, and toss out all garbage or plant material. It’s for when you want that pest dead, and you don’t care what it takes.

3 Likes

I treated twice the other plants and as of today no sign of mites there.Tonight I am going to spray over Them all again.No,the One flowering I Just sprayed theblower leaves being very careful to not most any Bud site

Thank you all @Maddawg @MonasticDank @JoeCrowe @Shadey @Heritagefarms .Unfortunately those are autos and I cannot take clones

Can I spray over early flowering autos,those with Just stigmas starting to appear but no Bud sites formed actually?(Stretching phase)

Cannabis does not have a protective layer over it as does say a apple or other type of produce, it will adhere to the surface of the plant material and be there when smoked , it’s a hard thing to accept but if you don’t start with clean plants before pre flower your choices become very limited.

3 Likes

I Just treated all the plants with that light neem and soap solution and then I sprayed only tap water in the very early budsites to wash a bit of residue,this Is as much as I can do,then I let Them dry a bit with a fan and then put again in the box

If you put a stick higher than the plant, attached to the plant they continue to climb the stick and you can aspire them wen they accumulate in the top of the stick, at least they do not accumulate on top of the plants, something is something.

3 Likes

I like it! Let them climb and think they’re doing something at the top, then break out the blow torch

4 Likes

I know this might sound a little crazy but you may want to use a handheld Vacuum to knock down the population. Test your vac 1st to make sure it isn’t pulling leaves and such off your plant. Slap a paper towel or similar wet from Isopropyl Alcohol in the collection area of the vacuum. Mites don’t seem to like the alcohol in my experience. I’d burn that paper towel also :fire:

When I had Mites I was in flower and tried just about everything from the grow store to knock them down. Nothing seemed to work. I was able to knock them down the most using Dr. Zymes “exactly as directed”. Don’t get me wrong it will not kill all of them it will simply reduce their numbers. At least when I scoped the plants after the application process was complete the amount of mites being found was greatly reduced. It might have been from the amount of time I held the plants under water in the tub though IDK… A few things about Dr. Zymes that I found out the hard way. Do not buy it from Amazon. Amazon sells a bunch of FAUX crap. I got mine from the grow store. The one I got later from Amazon didn’t even smell the same… Wasted my :dollar: on Amazon…

Mites Suck and the flower was best for hash after the mite wars of early 2022. :parachute: :helicopter: :crossed_swords: :gun: :microscope: :test_tube:

4 Likes

Holy crap,I am Sorry to hear this friend…I Hope to ride It out without applying anything and Hope those autos flower quickly all of Them,so I can Bleach the hell out of my room and tent
Not the First Time I got them
@Maddawg

1 Like

Ladybugs will eat mite eggs, mite larvae, adult mites and other select insects in any stage of their life cycle, but they mostly eat aphids, it’s their favorite thing to eat.
This is where the Ladybug larvae comes into play, it will eat anything it comes across… insect eggs, insect larvae, some adult insects and even other Ladybug larvae, if they’re hungry and that’s what’s available.

Besides natural mite predator Phytoseiulus persimilis, there are a few other common insect options for natural red mite predators, including Minute Pirate Bugs, Green Lacewing larvae and Thrips… although I wouldn’t recommend using Thrips around your cannabis plants, that can cause a whole new issue and infestation.

Unless you’re using beneficial insects to help you with your mite issue, keep this in mind.

Pesticides that state, “may be used up to day of harvest” or “safe to use on flowering plants” means that the residue can be washed off, but this usually pertains to plants and vegetables that can actually be cleaned, unlike cannabis flowers.

A flower H2O/H2O2 dip is not sufficient enough to remove pesticide residues, but will remove many impurities like spores, dust, hair, ect., that can influence smell/flavor.

Only put substances on your cannabis plants that break down quickly and don’t leave a residue behind that needs to be washed off before it can be safely consumed.

There is a lot of literature on what can happen to you if you ingest any specific toxins that you sprayed on your plants, however, that same literature doesn’t cover what chemical changes may be created and/or how that may affect you or your health once the toxin is burned, smoked and/or inhaled.

Be careful, my friends and use caution when necessary.

2 Likes

Depending on where you’re located, check out sierranaturalscience.com Hope it helps with your situation, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like