Top Dawg Sour Diesel bx3

This morning

Male is back right that I’m keeping I think the remaining four are females

14 Likes

I don’t know why I get so excited for sour diesel still

3 Likes

Probably because I’m on the quest to find that sour I used to smoke in New York that was fluffy and sticky and just amazing but that was waaaay before I started growing and I haven’t seen sour like that since I was a teen

7 Likes

I’ve never tried SD. I’ve been growing for years but only outdoor until a couple years ago so growing long flowering strains in northern Ontario won’t happen successfully. After lots of reading settled on jj’s SD seeds as having the all around best reviews and most consistent pics of quality across the board imo Pretty stoked for flowering coming soon

6 Likes

Coming along nicely. I was a little slow with my process with sexing them and up potting so they are a bit behind what I would like them to be but they should get there pretty quickly with some manipulation. With only getting four females I decided to super crop and grow four big ones instead of taking cuttings and trying to grow them out quick for a flowering round. Should be about two weeks till they finally hit the flower with what I have in there now is in their image

48 hrs darkness and getting cut tomorrow morning.

20 Likes

Good looking amount of growth on these ladies now for a quick flip to flowering. I had a ph drop and the one plant was a bit more finicky about it then the other three but I got it sorted out and all new growth looks the way it should. I would consider them all average drinker with taking water between 2.5 and 3 days regularly. I’m leaving them just do their thing now without any interference until I get them into the totes and flowering tent then I give them a final shape and prune prior to flipping.

17 Likes

Nice ! They are all looking gorgeous so far :raised_hands:
You are definitely keeping them happy.

Glad I found this thread, I’ll be watching your grow and sending good vibes along the way.
:seedling::herb:🪴 :evergreen_tree:

:v::green_heart:

3 Likes

Wonderful plants and interesting variety!
Wishing you a good harvest!

3 Likes

Thanks for kind words and stopping by!

Thank u kindly :slight_smile:

Finally into the tent. Temps are sitting between 26-27.5 at lights on with rh 65-70% I’ll keep temps and humidity right here until the end of week 4 of flowering then begin to slowly drop temp and humidity. They are in reused soil. As always using Botanicare liquid nutes flowering soil, cal mag, liquid karma, compost tea. I use dry ferts from Gaia power bloom, Glacial Rock Dust, and I always add some D.E when top dressing. These girls are being given 7 days or so to acclimate to their new home and light intensity and I’m flipping to flower hoping the start of next week.

13 Likes

@Player0685 Sorry my curiosity, but I have to ask if you knew the gender of two plants when killed them?

1 Like

No I didn’t. I’ve spent a lot of time reading journals and talking to people that have grown multiple packs of this seed release and was told the same by all to look in tall plants or medium to tall so with limited space and knowing these guys know their shit it’s was enough for me to toss them without hesitation. I plan to make a few beans for myself on some lower branches so I’ll have more to hunt later I haven’t grown anything yet I’ve been hung up on keeping so my expectations of finding one in four plants is pretty low but it’s a ton fun anyways hunting pack after pack looking.

5 Likes

Thank you for your detailed answer!
I hope your hunt will be successful!

1 Like

End of week 1 of flowering. One plant still has few funky leaves but mostly normal growth on all now. Took a couple weeks to get the ph proper in the root zone and have the dry nutrients break down enough for the plants to get access to them. With a quick turn around time and limited space it creates an issues reusing soil like I do, for the soil to be where the plants want it to be to really get going. I’m happy with everything at this point and will sit back and watch now that they seem to be fully on track. Feeding Botanicare liquid nutes at 75% strength every feeding the last few. and hitting em with Great White and Real Growers Recharge. I’m planning to leave them go 85 days as of now. I’m running my lights at 11 on and 13 off.

21 Likes

Very cool my fellow Canuck! Love me some real sour and JJ’s is some of the best in seed form, looking forward too seeing these put on a show for you. I’m down to watch for sure.

2 Likes

Hell yeah pulled up got my hand cream and box of tissues ready for the show

2 Likes

I’ve heard the same that JJ’s is the best in seed form. I’ve smoked for almost 30 years never tried SD so been a long time coming homie!

2 Likes

Well go easy on the hand cream it will be a long flowering lol Welcome

3 Likes

End of week two. Temps are 26-27 Celsius Rh is hanging in there around 65-70% things are looking good in there. I’ll do a heavy defoliation towards the end of next weekend around days 20-21, whenever I have time. I was worried they may out grow the tent but I think they finish the stretch in a good way. The one still has some variegated leaves so I think that one plant is most likely just variegated and not deficient.

24 Likes