TopShelfs trees (Part 3)

This is a wiki…you edit your own name into it.

2 Likes

Wiki is the editable list that people make.

3 Likes

@TopShelfTrees1 yeah if you like that kind of stuff they are doing little mini documentaries about the stuff now. But they were saying they all live underground and the broods that emerge are the oldest they come out to shed skin and die so the predators eat all the cicadas above ground and leave the younger ones alone. Really kind neat idea he little story thing was pretty informative.

3 Likes

That’s what I’ve seen for sure, very cool! I love nature and stuff like that. I’m a documentary fiend in fact lol

2 Likes

Thanks man I appreciate it!

3 Likes

Read this…Wiki editing etiquette and steps

You can mess one up if you don’t do it right. We’ve all done it, but some people get pretty upset.

3 Likes

Good call @CanuckistanPete

1 Like

When that happened up this way we lost over 50 young apple trees. They stripped them and went after the bark. Sap was running down the sides of them poor trees. There wasn’t anything we could do.

2 Likes

Its been sold out for years. The company seems to be DOA. Ive emailed their customer service a few times in the last 4 years and have begged them for a notification as soon as they have any idea if they’ll ever come back.
(They were very nice, and promised they would)

I just keep bringing it up whenever snow happens, just in case someone has one lying around and never use, so i can way overcompensate them in trade for it :crossed_fingers::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I wonder why? Seems there would be a demand…. Hmm? Now I’m highly intrigued! Such a cool invention

2 Likes

A wovel is worth at least 27 shovels

~ modern proverb

5 Likes

Haha no doubt! Sounds about right

2 Likes

Yeah I am kinda excited to see what happens this year! Should be a sight to see! @mobilly

3 Likes

It is all that and a plate of poutine :100:

My driveway is at least 3x the size of my neighbor’s, and has two ends plowed in, vs their one. Yes im sweaty, and got more than my usual cardio in for the day, but i been inside rehydrating for 15 mins and he’s still out there snowblowing lol

And the only soreness you get is across the traps and middle shoulders. Good clean workout soreness, and zero back neck pain since no lifting/twisting like with regular (wretched, lame, wheelless) “shovels”

3 Likes

@Hotrods_and_hounds ,
I guess a few outdoor growers are going to find out if they like pot leaves.
:worried:

3 Likes

Totally makes sense! I always have a sore back, neck etc. afterwards. And snowblowers can be a pita at times and a godsend others. Imho

2 Likes

Haha that’s for sure! Hope not! The ozarks ll be bare!

2 Likes

Get ready for Cicadas by getting a couple top water fishing lures. Tiny torpedo with a natural color on top and a white bottom. Paint on bottom with a red sharpie in a fishbone pattern. Cast to any fish cruising on top when Cicadas are hatching.

7 Likes

That’ll work for a few days and then the fish will be stuffed to the gills with them bugs! lol
They won’t want to even see another cicada.
:rofl:

4 Likes

Another fly fisherman I take it! I tie my own cicadas, have been for years, we use a touch of crinkly multi colour wrapping paper to get that oil sheen look! Trout crush em, especially the big established males, and pike and bass will absolutely devour em by the dozens! Most hatches are ideal times to be out swingin for sure!

5 Likes