TopShelfs trees (Part 4)

Gotta be like I saw it on the Walmart thing on Instagram thought it was a coupon thing?

2 Likes

I went and did some grocery shopping today. My shit was on the up and up this time but right before I was gonna pay the screen froze up and was like “help is on the way”! I was literally right next to the person watching over the 6 self checkouts or what ever. She was just standing there running her mouth to some other employee while the register kept screaming help is on the way. My wife was all loud like “WHAT DO WE DO?” Nothing. Lady still just complaining about something. I get loud “I GUESS THEY DONT WONT MY MONEY. IM JUST GONNA WALK OUT WITH THIS WHOLE BASKET.” Nothing. It’s like she got louder to try and drown me and my wife out. It felt like I was standing there for 5 minutes waiting for her to take one step to the right to come punch her code into my screen. She finally comes over and not even under her breath is like “I was supposed to be gone 15 minutes ago.” :joy: No one cares and I think that’s great.

3 Likes

Bahahaha omg that’s epic! I always get the ones that STARE me down

3 Likes

They try and look at reciepts when you walk out the door of Walmart and a few of our other grocery stores here.
I wouldn’t be able to casually tell them no way are you looking in my bags if I actually knew I took something. :laughing:

3 Likes

@Dope_Heffalump lol the old timers out here would flip their shit, I saw that happen once the old man put it straight. Was saying if you wanted to go through and check all my stuff you should have rang me out, as he proceeded to keep walking.

5 Likes

@TopShelfTrees1 do you mind if I drop this here bud?

2 Likes

Of course not bro @JustANobody

2 Likes

I didn’t think so bud!

1 Like

My man. Not all heroes wear capes.

2 Likes

Yeah with these receipt checkers unless it’s Costco I just keep walking 99% of the time.

3 Likes

It makes you feel so powerful. Haha.

3 Likes

Walmart is shutting down self checkout in many locations supposedly due to theft losses.
However, if you pay for Walmart Plus, you can check yourself out.

They are hoping people will get fed up waiting in line and pay for the ability to bag their own groceries. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Cracks knuckles. Walmart is making me pay to work for them for free?

Walmart can 100% get it.

Where does this capitalist hell scape end?

7 Likes

Who knows, but I think people are getting fed up and will start voting with their wallet.

Wendy’s backed out of that flexible pricing idea with a quickness after people expressed their opinions on the matter.

5 Likes

I hate self checkout. I don’t work there, pay the cashier to check me out!! The wait becomes too long than online shopping with someone else

Wait I can pay for the privilege of checking myself out……the balls on these people

Was just remembering the last time I was in Lowe’s. Self check out was the only option

4 Likes

Out of likes again

I actually enjoy self checkout cause I’m tech savvy and cashiers usually try to talk to me which is like, I’m deaf and autistic, no habla

But they can go fuck themselves with the receipt checking etc etc. If I checked myself out and paid for it, I’m on camera, you go review it. Don’t ask for my receipt.

6 Likes

Shopper profiling , or is it shop lifter profiling?

4 Likes

I was driving through Branson Missouri on my way way to Arkansas and thought it would be a good idea to stop and get some beer before I entered the land of dry counties.
I stopped at a Walmart that was :100: self checkout.
It was kind of a surreal experience because everything in Alaska is probably 5 years behind the curve.

6 Likes

I think a discount should be given to self checkout :grin:

7 Likes

There is, if you know what I’m saying. Except Walmart. They use a level of ai facial recognition that would make orwells head spin. I try not to even go in there.

4 Likes