TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 4: "The Hunger Games"

Going to be low N too by the looks of it. I’m going to give it a shot for tomorrow’s round of feedings.

Had some wilting on my biggest plant today as the sun hit her. I’m going to assume she was hungry or it was just an abnormally hot patch there today because she had just been watered.

Gotta get back on track here damnit lol

6 Likes

It was really hot here today as well cooling off a bit now the humidity is dropping and we have some wind.

2 Likes

They have compounds in them that would lock each other out if mixed undiluted.

@TrevorLahey I’d probably hit them with straight dnf a couple times to stock them up on N and micros, then just use the bloom booster standalone (or with really weak dnf) from then on.

3 Likes

This sounds like a better idea. The DNF Gro is alot less N than their Bloom product so I’m gonna have to get some N built up.

1 Like

Ya, and those bloom boosters can be really strong and burn easily with full strength base nutes. They also tend to not really have micros except magnesium

Love DNF by the way, if I wasn’t on mega crop I’d likely have switched back to that. Always great results and so easy.

1 Like

I’m of the opposite persuasion I’ve always had issues with it, plus it was super expensive so I had to find alternative. I’d really like to use up the rest of this stuff though I’ve had it for a while and it cost a fortune to buy.

The Monster Bloom yeah, I’ll be starting low and slow and figure out how far I can push it, as with anything.

I’ve overfed many times and never have I straight up killed a plant. But have killed and nearly killed plants by underfeeding which is the only reason I’m trying all this weird shit to try to keep these plants sated.

2 Likes

I just really like taking pictures of my plants, sorry lol

17 Likes

Where are these starving plants you’re talking about? :wink:

4 Likes

As a photographer, I know that it’s all about the angle :wink: hehe

2 Likes

Your stuff is looking really good man. A few more weeks and your yard is gonna reek!!! :v:

2 Likes

I know I’m late to the party, but your tea will start to smell sweet and not unpleasant when it’s done and those brown spots seemed like a potassium issue to me, not mag.

3 Likes

This plant wont stop wilting. Thought it was heat wilt but it’s back today. Hungry I guess, as its losing alot of lower foliage. I gave it 1.4EC of DNF today with a very small pinch of Monster Bloom. We will see how it works I guess.

8 Likes

Hey man, made it to the end. Great thread!! Really enjoyed watching your progression throughout your grows. You did those auto’s justice!!
Got some MONSTERS outside eh?
What size pots are they in?

3 Likes

Hey thanks man! It’s been a wild ride for sure and am still trying to get a run in like the first one in the thread.

The monsters outside are actually only in 7gal pots. I waited and waited and waited until it was too late and they got way too big to (easily) transplant.

We lost a lot of daylight this week everyone’s outdoor plants should be full bloom now. Now our watch begins lol.

7 Likes

7 gal pots…that seems about right. Back in the day rule of thumb was a gal per foot of plant. Now I don’t know it that still holds true today or not… ( deffinately not with organic grows)

Yip, loosing light quick, but sure not loosing the heat though eh? Damn humidity is kicking my ass all over the place at work…soaked 10 min into it…

I really loved how you showed people that it don’t take a shit load of cash to grow some dank buds. Love the cabinets.
Do you like the tent better?

6 Likes

I can say for sure that the plants stopped growing at a certain point and just bushed out instead of stretching and I’m sure the pot size had alot to do with it. Glad they didnt stretch any taller anyways or I’d have a whole other set of problems.

The tent is great and twice the size of my old cabinet. Its got it’s own set of challenges but the perks it offers and the fact all the problems are already solved like ventilation and reflection and all that, its really worth it if you can get a good deal. This tent was $85 on prime day and is the only reason I could afford it lol. So I am still “low” budget, although theres a light upgrade in the future, and I’m worried I’ll have to change the thread name hehe.

8 Likes

Meh… you’ll nail it bud…doing so good so far so just some bits of tweaking

Growing though haha

4 Likes

Megacrop

Megacrop

Megacrop

Fucking Megacrop

8 Likes

Upped the feed on the DNF for outside to 2.2EC and added a pinch of monster bloom. They’re dropping a lot of leaves I filled a grocery bag this morning :frowning:

11 Likes

Is that nutrient burn on the autos?

2 Likes