TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 4: "The Hunger Games"

They’re all hungry. Tea is brewing still idk thought I’d give it a couple days. Used Miracle Gro because ya do what ya gotta do but they still hungry asf.

Hey it changed color now it looks like tea! I should drink it!

4 Likes

Yeah 3 days is good for tea, I would stick to beer lol.

I just got a pic of some GDP clones I gave to a friend in Bridgewater, they are doing well. He uses big fiber glass tubes for pots. His misses is in the pic for size reference. They went in 2nd week of June so they are not doing too bad.

5 Likes

They are beauties for sure! Imagine what 3 months extra veg time would do to them. My big ones were started in March!

I just realized I have one of them big gazebo thingies…

1 Like

Yeh they had the cover over them when they were small. Yeh he has already asked me for more next spring, he said he has a couple of buddies that want some as well. Better get the GDP mama up to size for March and take about 20 cuttings :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

I really like the strain and yours are about the best I’ve seen. Will be interesting to know how those ones in bridgewater finish up in our climate.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing, I have never had one hermie even with all the stress of bending cracking and fucked up light times so I know they are stable, I have had them up to 5 and a half feet tall in the flower room, no problem. The seeds came from seedsman in the UK as a freebie with some CBD seeds. I have never grown one naturally they have always been topped or LST. The clones I topped the 4 top branches when I gave them to buddy, he said he has done nothing else with them training wise.

I am hoping V4vendata sends me some pollen from his GDP male, which is shorter and stockier than mine. I better tell my buddy the buds will probably turn purple, when grown outside, he was asking about bud rot. That would be awful if he binned them thinking they were full of mould lol, he has never grown weed before.

3 Likes

El @Shadey is this neem that you use in your teas Azadirachta Indica? I ask this because I have oil and nin and I always wonder if I can put him in my teas he does not kill the micro life of tea?
Sorry @TrevorLahey for breaking into your topic for questions. :pray:

1 Like

Hi Shanti, it’s not the oil it’s the meal the oil is extracted from. I would not use oil in a tea, I think it would suffocate the bacteria.

It comes as the basic plant material all ground up. Looks a bit like instant coffee lol but smells horrible when it’s been bubbling for 3 days in a bucket.

4 Likes

Ok so the product you use should be what we call here neem pie, which is what is left over from seeds and other parts of the plant after oil extraction.
thanks for the reply and if it is not good will you know if you have any problem leaving the bucket oxygenating for more than 2 weeks and just adding more things like molasses and worm humus?

3 Likes

I would not go longer than 3 days for a tea, the bacteria will multiply fast, and run out of food fast, that’s when things smell like a dead animal as they have become anerobic.

I usually do all my engredients at the same time apart from the molasses, I usually add that on day 2, and use the tea when the foam reaches its peak, usually 24 to 48 hours later.

3 Likes

Tent Update

13 Likes

They are picking up the frost fast looking frostier than the ones I have outside atm.

3 Likes

Another random outdoor dump

I gave them all some of the tea today. It had a bunch if algae in it but I went for it anyway. Also saved some super high ppm runoff from my indoor to re use outside. Doing what I can here.

10 Likes

Damn, Rick sure can grow dope! Also, cute weather vane lol

4 Likes

My cock is NOT cute. He is handsome.

5 Likes

So what do yall think.

I have 2 gallons of this:

And I have this:

I figure if I use them together I could make a viable fertilizer to get my outdoor plants through flower.

I cant see it hurting, because they’re starving now :frowning:

6 Likes

Man that is a strong monster bloom from Grotek.

I never understand why they make an A and B formula, and then say use them together, why not just put it all in one bottle. Looks OK, plenty of Mag in it as well.

2 Likes

Now I never read into the facts or story behind this, but most of these A+B fertilizers the manufacturers clearly state to not mix A+B together because something happens. They go so far as to say you NEED to fill up your pail/reservoir, mix A in and stir, then mix b in and stir or… something happens I dont know lol

And yeah this Monster Bloom was all the rage back in the mid 2000s, people swore by it said it made for big swollen buds but that’s up for debate. All I know is when I open the lid of it for even a few seconds my house smells like a grow shop so it must be strong stuff.

4 Likes

Yeh, you find out they have a good marketing strategy, to sell 2 bottles instead of one lol.

You are only going to need a pinch of that 0-50-30 at those percentages.

4 Likes