TrevorLahey's Low Budget Growing Part 4: "The Hunger Games"

We are all about low budget here, I never could get on board with high price, 90% water Cal/Mag formulas, generally speaking I would just increase my nutrient rates to fix a cal/mg deficiency but I’ve been hesitant to increase them until I had a better understanding of the problem, which I’m hoping I do now. Only time will tell I suppose.

The issue itself appears to be more of a magnesium issue than anything which makes sense considering all the stuff that led up to this point.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Ok, Only trying to help. Good luck with that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh for sure @CLOSETGROWTH and let me tell you any input is appreciated, dont get it twisted this thread is an open forum!

This particular issue is part of an ongoing thing happening with myself and others here on the forum with MegaCrop, an all-in-one water soluble nutrient and its newest formulation. We have been chasing toxicities and deficiencies for weeks but I think we got it pinned down to a mag deficiency that may just need an extreme increase in nutrient rates or additional mag.

And yeah coco-coir is notorious for having cal/mag issues. The original formulation of MegaCrop showed no cal/mag issues though so it just sucks to have to add extra stuff to this new version. But first we are trying to increase feed rate to see if damage slows down.

5 Likes

The problems I’ve been having seem to have slowed down since I upped feed. Could be a coincidence but yeah…

10 Likes

Still having some issues. Things are arguably better but alot of crisping and leaves are just falling straight off when you touch them on a couple plants.

Pistils are turning brown, kinda looks more like damage than age/senescence but I guess its day 54. Yield might suck if they’re putting on the brakes. Be glad to move on from this grow…

10 Likes

Having a problem with Lepidoptera of all sorts in the outdoor grow. Have had gypsy moths recently, and now cankerworms and cabbage worms rotting off entire branches as well, and also have hornworms and tent caterpillars all around the area.

Enough is enough!

Hosed down all my plants at sundown, took 3L out of the pressure sprayer. I use 5ml per L and spray top and bottoms of leaves, paying extra attention to already affected areas.

It’s worked great in the past for gypsy moths, but this year where I got alot of tomatoes and cukes going it seems every kind of caterpillar wants to munch on my plants. It might just be a bad year for them idk.

10 Likes

Monday Photo Dump lol

15 Likes

Getting some colour back in their cheeks, how are the indoors plants doing, any improvement there?

2 Likes

Indoors still looks shitty and I’m terrified of mold now it sucksssss…

10 Likes

Hey buddy! Have you tried doing that eggshell thing for calcium? I know some of the organic peeps on here make it. That would be pretty cheap.

5 Likes

I thought about doing it but I dont know if it will be available to the plant in time to make a difference. Also I dont eat eggs much haha.

3 Likes

I wish we had already invented teleporters. I’d teleport in real quick and give you some cal/mag

4 Likes

Been a rough couple grows. I ran out of MegaCrop last night so now I am giving these plants the bottled DNF Veg nutes plus a bit of PK booster and a pinch of epsom salts.

4 Likes

I thought the point of making the WSC was to make it in readily available form. Even if you don’t eat eggs an 18 pack is like 2 bucks. lol

4 Likes

I suppose you’re right on both points. Might have to try that, although I still dont know if I’m willing to throw yet another thing into the watering pail lol, and even then would it be able to stop the problem I just dont know. Frustrating for sure.

4 Likes

This is the problem with doing organic, there is not much for an emergency response, it all takes time to prepare.

5 Likes

Late night photo dump

The tent full of sick girls :frowning:

And the closet Dark Sparks which have been under only 72w of SIL all throughout flower arent looking too bad lol

10 Likes

I know what your going through Bro… My indoor plants have been beat up by HEAT! Ultra high temperatures on my end. The AC isnt cutting the mustard either. Can you imagine growing 30 feet up?? Thats me.The outdoor, not a problem at all… Beautiful. Sometimes we need to just lets things go, and move on …

Win some, Lose some… Shit happens.We’ve all been there… Them outdoors oughtta fill your wallet. Sending you lots of good Karma … :relaxed::+1:

3 Likes

Tuff one this time. It happens. End product will probably still be decent though. The goldilock period for indoors is coming up. It will be nice to start a new before the winter sets in.

Your outdoors are looking bomb man. The one plant is stacked up! I love your white picket security fence :joy::v:

5 Likes

Damn homie! It now reminds me of good ole leaf spot. Have you tried a fungicide for shits and giggles? Probably too late now. They almost done?

4 Likes