Trichome shots!

Cool shot :+1:
I like how you can see detail inside the trichomes.

I’m looking over options for a camera to attach to the eyepiece of my binocular scope. Max magnification of my scope with oil emersion is 1000x. I highly doubt I would use anything over 400x lens though.

More shots of my Calizahr with hand held scope.

6 Likes

I took those photos with my new high speed amscope digital camera. It’s 10MP not as good a field of view as the 10x eyepiece, but… it also produces an image I can magnify to crazy levels even with 4x objective. I got a reduction lens so I can really go nuts beyond 1600x which is what I can get with the eyepieces and objective combined physically. Now it’s digital I don’t even know what magnification we’re looking at… probably thousands of times. For regular photos I got my regular digital camera :wink: I will post a crazy trichome shot in a bit!

ok check this out. I am at 4x objective but I stamp 40X on there, it’s what I see through the lens. There’s no way it’s 40X, it’s way huge. Probably closer to 100X depending on your computer monitor resolution and DPI. And if you are viewing it 100% zoom or whatever.

crud I think I have got my calibration off a bit… arrrrrrr!!!

2 Likes

see… now I know I am off a bit, the micrometers aren’t quite the same!

2 Likes

Hi!

Some trichome zooms from this mini Master Kush grow:

(Master Kush in a mini superstealthy setup.. *ready*)

MK cryztalz 01

MK cryztalz 02

MK cryztalz 03

MK cryztalz 04

MK cryztalz 05

MK cryztalz 06

MK cryztalz 07

MK cryztalz 08

MK cryztalz 09

MK cryztalz 010

MK cryztalz 012

MK cryztalz 013

MK cryztalz 014

MK cryztalz 015

MK cryztalz 016

Taken with Canon PowerShot SX720 (20MP). Crazy little machine for what it costs. Macros from 1cm up. Also has 40x optical zoom = takes decent pics of the moon, even without a tripod… :hugs:

(All these pics were also taken without a tripod, just support against the grow box…)

12 Likes

I always wondered why people call them “crystals” instead of trichomes. I know they kind of sparkle because the round head bends light.

3 Likes

10 Likes

7 Likes

Ever knock off just a few trichome heads to get a really good look?

5 Likes

Nice crystals bro!

notice they are all clear? No signs of synthesis yet! But, I know it would affect my mind. I wonder what level of thc a clear trichome has?

we are looking down at the top of a Trichome cap?

1 Like

your looking at the bottom of the trichome cap where the stalk is usually attached. The bottom always has lines and crud on it, while the top is smooth.

2 Likes

o.k., the stalk is missing, or shot from straight dead on. I see, now.

regards,

I’m thinking maybe it’s just because people wanna call it something positive and familiar and non-scientific, as some sort of counterbalance to all the heartless arrogant bashing that this superplant is getting still to this day…?

science!

Is there anything it can’t do?

4 Likes

Woooooooooow… :flushed: :+1:

As you’ve seen “a few” real close-ups… how would you describe the transition from clear to milky spheres, and on to amber…?

-does it always happen in the same way, or can they “fill up” in different ways, like from bottom up vs. everything slowly fading over, or how does it go? Does it depend more on what strain or room temperature or light?

they randomly get cloudy then eventually transition to amber. On occasion you can get a strange looking trichome with a different look. Sugar black rose had a collection of trichomes with spheres inside looking like dots of amber. The strange part is most of the caps on the trichomes are the same size(about 12 micrometers), but the stalk of the trichome can be 10-50 micrometers tall! It varies by strain. I’ve never seen room temperature or light effect it, unless you are talking about total darkness, which isn’t good.

1 Like

a single bud, computer enhanced.

2 Likes