Trichome shots!

You’re probably correct, but I hope not. Not sure I want to spend $1000 on just the lens - plus the camera!

2 Likes

At that magnification the depth of field is probably very short. Could be focus stacking.

This is where they change the focal point, take a photo, change the focal point, take a photo, etc. The photos are then merged together increasing the depth of field. This results in the subject being mostly in focus.

5 Likes

for my finepix to get that I need this

3 Likes

Yea, specialized pro-gear. The second tier lens manufacturer’s probably have similar lenses at half the cost.

A more economical trick might be an SLR with the use of extension tubes (and whatever lens you might have). Those are inexpensive, relatively.

2 Likes

Ah. I was wondering how the heck they got that much depth of field at that mag level. So, you need a $1000 lens on a $1000 camera plus some $1000 software to process it? :money_mouth:

For sure some impressive shots.

2 Likes

16 Likes

That is a lot of post production there, and very well done too.

1 Like

Could have bought a bunch of glass dildos lol

2 Likes

yeh 50 stacked shots apparently.

3 Likes

That’s a large number of photos to stack.

2 Likes

Waooow just love it :yellow_heart::green_heart::heart:

1 Like

Love The couller, i men The paint.

1 Like

Capitate stalked trichomes (Source: Nugshots)

24 Likes

My favoratie type of trichome :grin:

2 Likes

I’m still waiting on a reply from Sannie on Instagram about what lenses and software he uses to take those macro pics. Not sure if he is going to reply.

4 Likes

Finally got a reply. And he posted another photo. It’s a 1:5 macro lens, Nikon D800, and stacking the photos in photoshop.

4 Likes

It is beautiful work none the less.

I think I see what is going on, but it would be cool to catch a video on the process.

I’m wondering if he means 5:1 ratio? Like this…

1 Like
4 Likes
4 Likes