Understanding Basic Breeding

Hey Everyone,

I’m trying to learn about breeding or chucking as I have some new genetics coming thanks to a couple Saints on OG. What a great community this truly is!

I’m going to make seeds to preserve the genetics I get as well as give them to other members here. Making crosses where I dont have male and female of the same strain.

Is there any articles or posts that put it in layman’s terms for the person who has only had seeds because of grow error and not by choice.

I’ve been reading but there are so many terms and so many variables to making good solid genetics. Im not building Rome over night, I know that. But there is something so fascinating about it all and I am trying to get an understanding that will help fuel my curiosity not crash it.

I know OG is the right place for answers!

Thanks Everyone

5 Likes

The GrowFAQ has some info, and if you read the threads by Baudelaire and LED_Seedz, you will learn more than a book!

1 Like

Thanks, that’s my next stop. My phone blows half the time when I search it just freezes

The basics. A male puts out pollen and a females pistils catch it. The pistils curl into the calyx and form a seed. Bam.

If you choose a solid male and a soil female you will get some a solid cross.

Read dj shorts book. Cultivating exceptional cannabis. Also vader og on youtube has a great breeding basics video. And its fucking hilarious to help!

3 Likes

Ill be sure to check it out… Checked amazon and they have a kindle version for 7 bucks as well as a heap of free books on cannabis that come with my prime membership so the wifey says… More reading to do

3 Likes

I also have Prime, send me a link bro! I want those books we have access to!?

Actually @Fuel has some great guide for starting breeders in the works so I hope he could share it with public!

6 Likes

For Prime just download the kindle app and look for kindle unlimited and prime reading, they are free. Just checked,and there is at least 10 I see without digging to much into it. Some cookbooks, some growing, some medical related… Also you get a great deal on ebooks compared to the paperback price if your interested in one

And I would love to see @Fuel guide… Please do share buddy

3 Likes

WIP actually ^^ This month i’m pretty rushed, but it come ! If you have some nice finds and reads, throw a private message it’s becoming collab’ ;o)

1 Like

Appreciated my friend! And can’t wait to see what you put together.

1 Like