Up and coming Florida Grow Op!

Thank you @GrouchyOldMan, was a good topic I through the posts. Yea there are a lot of obstacles but if we don’t start somewhere we’ll never know what is possible. We have the tools, time and know how to get the job done. It is turning out to be much more of a project than I or anyone else has expected and we will eventually have to tackle those problems when they arise. appreciate you following. I’m posting again today on progress! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello OG readers! For all those following this exciting adventure my team is taking on our Florida Ranch. I have a small progress update. We are way behind schedule and haven’t gotten much else done other than getting our four-wheeler up and running and tire replaced to get around the ranch. Scoped out our water situation and pump house. It’s about 200 yards from the Grow spot so we have to come up with a solution because there is a problem. We dig a trench and lay pipe around the lake OR we go through the lake which is inhabited by gators. There is a BIG one and here baby that occupy our property. What to do about that!? This week we are getting the trench dug and pipe laid and then I will be living on-site in the trailer, and we will finally begin upfitting our reefer. We have two to choose from so we investigated the quality of them both and are confident we want to use the lifted one. It has a lot of rusting and is pretty old with heavy wear; it will need a lot of work put into it. Along with the door situation, which is a difficult choice. The original door seal is a project of its own. OR we will create another doorway just inside the entrance of the reefer that is sealed. ATM It is fully loaded with stored items that need to be removed, it needs to be leveled out, bug bombed, sanitized… etc. THEN we can finally get working on the inside, wish us much luck and focus

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcomed :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just catch the gator on a rod and reel and dispatch! Lol keep it on the DL.

The gator ain’t going to mess with y’all unless you get near the baby or are right on her nest.The big males are the ones to watch out for. They are very territorial.

Here’s a number for you to get them removed,
866-FWC-GATOR (866-392-4286)

Good luck, loving the updates!

2 Likes

Always dreamt of doing an offsite shipping container grow, very cool! Will be following along, good luck!

1 Like

thanks for the advice again @Dr.VitaminGreen I’m keeping an eye on the gators. It turns out the the land proprietor of the group who lived on the ranch some years ago has been feeding them. He showed me a video of him dumping buckets of frozen meat trim he’d been saving in his freezer at home. When he calls the gator in the lake it comes to him! I’ll get some pics of this next time I get the chance to watch it feed. :slight_smile: SAVING THAT NUMBER haha…

Thanks for the support @Rickle_Piiiiick :smiley:

ALRIGHT guys… I have been meaning to post my update with the Reefer project, but I got completely sidetracked with magic mushrooms we found growing on our ranch. I got all the water pipes selected had to unbury them from a refuse pile and will need to piece it all together from a sortment of scraps. They are setup in piles along the fence line ready to be buried and pieced together. Got multiple hoses put together strung across the property to get temporary water to the barn in the meantime. THEN we found the shrooms and all progress halted to a complete stop. I picked a few and photographed and posted on overgrown to get some help identifying on a separate thread and then got stuck spending the whole day eating shrooms and cleaning shit off mushrooms and chatting with mushroom type people about mushroom related things. It was a blast, I’ve spent the last 24 hours reading nonstop about fungus and learning about taking prints and collecting spore samples and making tea, etc. (i love to read). Anyhow here’s some pics from the day on the ranch. I got a dehydrator today and i’m just going to continue collecting magic shroomies as the days in Florida pass until I got enough to eventually sell and make some money since I still don’t have one damn plant growing yet! Gotta pay the bills somehow! :wink: In the meantime, I am still waiting for some seeds to arrive from an OG reader in the mail. Does anyone have a Seed distributer you would recommend that is a reliable source with good indoor genetics? Thanks for following guys and for all the advice and support. Joining OG was probably the best move I could have made being in a new town with no “industry” type to bounce ideas off. Marijuana is still a very sensitive issue in this geographical area. Deeply appreciate this community.

1 Like

Breeders direct.
Jbc.
Neptune.
Just to name a quick few. Jbc will have them shipped the fastest. 2 day shipping from washington.

I would honestly be terrified of that gator now. It will provably expect food from any human It sees. They are ambush creatures and stalk creatures.

I read a story about some guy that always went fishing in a certain hole in the backwoods and he would tell his friends there was a gator out there and he always thought it was watching him, stalking him in a way…one day his friends couldn’t find him after he had gone fishing, and all they found were some shoes and the guys hat.

Idk though for real, just watch yourself haha no need for Lake Placid :sweat_smile:

@Slammedsonoma420 recommended some good banks, there’s also GreatLakesGenetics, and even a couple OG breeders @JohnnyPotseed springs to mind, click his name and checkout his his hall of genetics thread.

2 Likes

This is why i woukd be terrified. They are eating machines, and trying to treat them as pets can go horribly wrong. Of course the chick is like the one person from Tiger King that got her arm taken off

Hello OG! It’s been awhile since I’ve posted progress on the Florida Grow Op. I’ve been busy, but its’ mostly been cleaning and preparing to start construction. It has taken much longer than expected to get the foundation of our camp together, but we are looking really good now! I have posted a few pictures of the camp, the reefer and the surrounding property outside of the barn all cleaned up (about 80% complete). We are settled very well in our travel trailer under the barn and it is almost totally cleaned out and we have installed interior lighting. We have gotten the Kubota tractor and John Deer mower working again and the ranch is getting cleaned up around the outskirts. Yesterday we worked on getting all the old tires and debris from under the reefer and is now ready to lift and level the unit. Our plan is to use a metal staircase frame from the old mobile trailer so that we can get up into the reefer to empty it out, clean it and then bug bomb it. After that we begin upfitting the interior! In the meantime, I have been learning a lot about the wild Cubensis mushrooms on the property and have found a nice way to preserve them by dehydrating them, grinding them and then put them in honey “Blue Honey”. I was able to get 1.75 ounces of dried ground mushroom into 24 ounces of honey!!! It looks like sludge, but it tastes like heaven <3 Beginning flavor the honey dominates then the after taste has hints of light mushroom but not much. I’ve been dosing about 2 grams of dried mushies at a time and it is a nice light buzz so I am not sure where to start with this batch of concentrated Honey, probably 1 Teaspoon to start, will report back later. We are also getting the deer blind cleaned up and ready to use, practicing our aim in the meantime. Discussing building a shaded shooting range on the ranch soon too! ALRIGHT. Next post I will be able to show how the inside of the reefer is coming along I am so excited we are getting real close to being able to pop seeds, perhaps another month at the longest. Wish us speed and luck friends. Take care! :smiley:

*Quick question for anyone who knows about farm equipment: When parking our John Deer tractor with tow behind mower, should i raise or lower the blades while in park? Couldn’t find anything online explaining which was a better method and why.

9 Likes

there is just one problem here. you’re in there with a cold blooded reptile. might as well be feeding a giant ‘starving’ dog a piece of rough raw steak by your ‘mouth’. about the same amount of intelligence would go into each action.

regards,

everyone I know that has a tractor, either lowers the attachment to the ground, or disconnects it and places the tractor in a different location. why would you want to keep that strain on the hydraulics constantly if it is not needed? truthfully?

regards,