Using Delflex as a nutrient.

hey everyone,

I am wondering if a resource I have would make a good nute for my plants at any point in their growth.

I do dialysis for kidney failure and I have a fluid I use called Delflex. It comes in 3 strengths. You can pull up what it’s made of pretty easy.

A lot of the nurses who trained me in how to do dialysis at home said they use left over Delflex in their gardens and it really helps the plants.

I can provide a link to the chemical make up of it if necessary. I’m just wondering if someone more experienced than me on indoor growing thinks it would be useful or not.

Thanks in advance,
Tokabowl

1 Like

From the Google:

The sodium ion content is probably not too helpful as trace amounts can be beneficial but accumulation can be detrimental leading to toxicity. It is not considered an essential nutrient.

Some info on sodium and plants:

The calcium and the magnesium, on the other hand, are essential nutrients with calcium being related to the overall health of the plant and essential towards creating pectin, a good thing.

For chlorides, a trace nutrient that you’ll probably have a sufficient amount in your regiment without even knowing about it.

Lactate, have no idea.

As to the anecdotal evidence that plants react in a positive manner to Delflex, hard to know without more detail as to what else is being fed to the plants.

My initial impression is that there are better ways to give the plant what it needs.

5 Likes

At least 2 of them said that Delflex and water was all they used.

Honestly I didn’t notice the sodium in it, I figured it didn’t have that because that’s bad for dialysis patients.

Thanks for pointing it out and reminding me I need to pay more attention.

1 Like