Vaporizing or dabbing...yes or no?

I have been making THC juice with PEG 400 for a little over a year now.

I have recently been making it with pressed rosin and can increase the ratio to above 1:1 Rosin:PEG 400.

While I have decided they are not my favorite, they are stealthy in public and the increased potency and flavors have increased their appeal, a little.

1 Like

thats right what was the company which made your PEG again? i remember it being very affordable

texlabsupply.com

PEG 400

NF/FCC EP-USP

1 Like

My new pen came with a ā€œdonutā€ atomizer, it was a big selling point.
Unbelievably smooth but the kick has nothing on the dual coil I have in cheap pen.
Was that to be expected?

1 Like

Interesting read, thanks for the link. Made me go take a huge hit of my vape. Iā€™ve been using a sublimator for about 4 years now. Mainly flower. While it has its ups and downs itā€™s my favourite smoking device Iā€™ve tried so far. Although I owned quite a bit of other brands prior to that, nothing besides this one was good enough to make me quit smoking bong hits for good. I can dab on it, but rarely need to because I get just as high from a huge flower hit. Kinda weird that I cough more on a vape than combustion though.

2 Likes

One more useful article if you use medical marijuana https://vapingdaily.com/smoking-vs-vaping/smoking-vs-vaporizing-marijuana/
However, an article on Vice https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/59qb58/vapers-tell-us-why-you-should-stop-smoking-joints-and-start-vaping-weed convinced me to try vaping weed a couple of years ago when I didnā€™t want my mum to know what I was doing in my room :grin:

1 Like

I see as much bad info going on with vaping cannabis as with vaping nicotineā€¦PG is safe to inhale, itā€™s been used for decades that wayā€¦ in hospitals nonetheless, in childrens wards to keep risk of virus transmission down. The temperature they used in their vaping study in the OP was way higher than even the recommended highest temp for vaping cannabisā€¦ at 446 degrees F, youā€™re entering into combustion territory, which is where almost all your carcinogens will come from. The Flash Point of propylene glycolā‰ˆ109 Ā°C (228.2 Ā°F). Dabbing can cause combustion chemicals output if youā€™re doing it wrong, as can any heat method if you do it wrong. Ideally with dabbing youā€™re essentially creating a high enough temperature to vaporize the dab as soon as it comes into contact with the surface. Are people likely to mess up and overheat now and then? absolutelyā€¦ but that is not the norm and should not be taken as such in ā€œScientificā€ literatureā€¦ The amount of bad science relating to vaping is truly horrendous, with a lot of it being heating it to a point that no vaper ever would. Have I gotten burnt hits now and then, yeahā€¦ and any vaper will tell you straight out that as soon as you taste the burnt hit, you do not keep vaping, you fix it, because the taste is absolutely horrendous. You donā€™t keep on vaping it till the juice is finished like they do in the studiesā€¦

2 Likes

I vape nic. Love it, no more morning cough. No longer short of breath climbing a hill on a hike. Canā€™t seem to get into vaping cannabis in any form, just feels wrong to meā€¦

1 Like

I have a four coil wax pen from Yocan, it is the xl magneto evolve plus. Got it for Ā£32 from Amazon, it does not control heat, you put your wax straight on the coils.

Cracking little thing it is. Like having a little electronic hot tong in your pocket.

Right on. I am not a fan of the pre-mixes or of coil type vape pens for these reasons.

45 years donā€™t think Iā€™ll not smokeā€¦otoh I enjoyed using a Volcano just canā€™t afford one. Good dry herb vaporizers are expensive.

The best thing so far I have found at a decent price point is this ReMedi coil-less vape pen

https://www.pulsarvaporizers.com/collections/remedi-parts/products/pulsar-remedi-low-temp-frit-quartz-coiless-wax-kit

It takes a bit of getting used to ā€¦it is a bit slow to heat up and draws are not going to bring you huge cloudsā€¦but it is portable and fairly discreet and it has a ceramic cup that heats the rosin/wax at lower temps to vaporize.

I have not used it much though as I prefer not to use bho and have not made any pressed rosinā€¦yet

1 Like

been quit 2 and a half years ā€¦chest pains caused me to go cold turkey

1 Like

Anyone know what the best vape pen for using in places i CANā€™T smoke or i need to be stealthy etc ā€¦ (Iā€™m in the uk)
Any tips/info appreciated ā€¦ cheers.
Gaz

1 Like