Top Dry Herb Vaporizers 2021

All the “Top 10” reviews & rankings I’ve found seem biased or unimpressive in some other way. So I hope this post will little by little grow to become the most trusted/reliable list of great “Dry Herb Vaporizers” of 2021/2022.

Which one’s your favorite and why?

8 Likes

Volcano hands down, it last forever. At least the analog version has for me. It’s vapes smooth bags all way to harsh vapor depending what you turn it up too, I had a battery no2 but this volcano has been doing me well for a while. My last one was stolen. It’s way easier on the lungs, and provides a very pleasant smoking experience.

10 Likes

I have an old Arizer Solo, it’s sturdy and dependable, although it doesn’t hit any where near like actually smoking. But for me I enjoy those light, everything is silly highs way more than just getting down right stoned and walking into rooms and forgetting why I went there, and sometimes wondering where I originally came from too lol.

5 Likes

I had an Arizer Extreme Q for several years that I was in love with. Desktop, not portable, with a whip; my buddy used to call it my Camelbak.

1 Like

I have this it’s not very good grind up the buds,it only works when you turn it up high then the little mouth piece gets hot unless you use the little plastic long tips

Maybe their better now I’ve owned this a few years

1 Like

Firefly is supposed to be the top of the line I think

I have quite a few vapes but the ones I use most are the Sublimator xr2 , Volcano digit. And for portables I prefer the Minivap over the mighty. Although sometimes I reach for my Dynavap M. It all comes down to what you want from a vape wether you want full convection , or a hybrid that’s convection and conduction or do you want just conduction ? If you like extracts a convection isn’t really a good choice imho .

2 Likes

I’ve had my aromed vaporiser for very long time , nearly 20 Years maybe more lol can’t remember , v1 , got it when it first came out , was put on to vapeing by Eagle Bill RIP , befor vapeing became a thing

The aromed back then was designed for use in hospitals and medical clinics ( very well made )

I also have a magic flight launch box , it’s handy for out and about : )

The volcano having moving parts to fail put me of it and I heard the fan also collects dusts and fires it into the bag , at the time I seen the volcano as more of a novalty with the bags etc and the cool name ( stoners love a good name lol )

: )

2 Likes

If they have dust going in the bag it must be a filthy environment and not have the foam
Disc filter maybe ? My one got drop kicked across a room once it’s fine nothing broke . The aromed I used at a show In uk once I thought it was ok , not much competition then. I also used the heat gun version before verdamfer finessed the final devices. The old glass eagle bill I may still have stashed somewhere lol.

1 Like

@Arthur-Mix , your house must be full of hidden treasures : )

1 Like

I have a handheld one somewhere and I haven’t used it yet…I also have 2 knockoff brands of Volcanos, one used and one still new in a box…I traded a few clone only strains for my Vaporizers …and Volcanoes are the best…so are the knockoff brands too…I will try to get a picture of the knockoff ones…I think its FUGI brand.

2 Likes

This vaporizer used to be the FUGI

https://www.mainsmokeshop.com/phantom-vaporizer/

1 Like

Tinymight :100:

I think because they are smaller and don’t pay to be on the top10 lists you don’t hear about them but I don’t think there are any other devices that hit like this one. You can swap batteries so never limited with batteries when out and about. Totally changed the way I consume flowers

2 Likes

I’ve been pretty pretty happy with the XMAX Starry V3. It was the best price point vape I found at the time that was compact and allows any temp between 212F-464F.

I get about 5 good hits with my preference so far being @ 365F. It is a lighter high compared to smoking which I prefer. The best part is being able to taste all the flavors and also not coughing uncontrollably.

3 Likes

Ye olde, trusty “Firefly.” Solid as a rock, warm in the hand, easy on the lungs, simple to use. The ads say 45 minutes to fully charge the batteries, but I give it an hour+. Not a huge bowl, but super efficient. Easy to use, feels organic in that you raise or lower the temp, by how long you draw. I had the Firefly II but I couldn’t get the fussy electronic gizmos to work. Sold it. I hear the newer Firefly has dealt with the problem. For the past few months I’ve been having fun rolling joints in my little roller gizmo. Only problem is i smoke about half the joint and the rest gets in the compost. The cons (IMO) you have to plan an hour ahead, to charge the batteries. and cleaning, although simple, takes a little time, 2 cotton swabs, a tooth pick and a folded paper towel to get it sparkly clean which helps make draws easy.

3 Likes

it doesnt get much love anymore, but i absolutely loved my silver surfer

3 Likes

Nope, the Grouchy-One Rules!

Ban The Bag. Jus saying.

• Da Grouch
2 Likes

I’ll mention the dynavap as well , manual heat either a torch ( single flame) my recommendation or my old school alcohol lamp both get up to temp in ten seconds or less Load is a small 0.1 grams and does extremely well for me the first is pretty much terps and the following heat ups ( 3-4 ) get me what I need .

2 Likes

OMG @GrouchyOldMan that write-up is CLASSIC, I feel both educated and entertained right now!
Totally dig the KISS setup, and my mind is already turning over the possibilities for my own vaporizing gizmo! :laughing:

1 Like

I used to have this wild contraption that had a ceramic heating element in the tip, covered with a glass shield, and then a bowl that had the same inside diameter as the heated wand. You could put the bowl in a standard bong downstem, and then vape through the bong.
It was actually pretty crappy. :poop:

1 Like