Ventilation options

Guess I have a weekend project :joy:

2 Likes

@Purple-N-Hairy’s idea is great because there would be no added noise and it would work perfectly, that is a decent room, i would probably intake through the door as we been talking and exhaust out the window.

3 Likes

You could use something like this then have a 90 degree (elbow) turn on the inside to stop light. I’d use 2 four inchers for intakes.

4 Likes

Found this and if I painted it brown might be ok.

2 Likes

I may be missing something here but what is wrong with 75 degree temps at lights out ?

2 Likes

You’re right - 75F doesn’t sound like a problem at all. Of course, the heat of the summer hasn’t really approached, let alone the humidity (I think @anon81143130 is in PA), so methinks he is resolving an issue before it becomes a problem.

3 Likes

Hey Dank,

I run the same fans and LED in a moist part of the world and there are options as you can read! I actually run a Phresh 4" 175 CFM Carbon sink as the CFM rating are a minimum flow rate not necessarily ideal operating flow.

One suggestion I would make is go to smooth pipe, make as them as straight as possible and place a tiny clip fan to run 24/7 seems both bump up efficiency while exhausting and keep the temps up. I run a small dehumidifier in the small area around my closed tent that is vented directly outside, this way when my extractor draws air from inside the space it is already low humidity and my extractor takes care of the rest while humidity climbs during the light period but this may not be an option for you.

They are great fans, I hope you find good solution.

3 Likes

Thanks guys, nothing wrong with 75F but that’s with spring temps outside. Right now outside temps are around 50F but those will definitely be going up. I dont want to wait until its an issue to fix the problem.

Thanks for all the help and ideas

4 Likes

It sounds like you might be needing a small air conditioner for the summer months.

My room is in a garage no heat no a/c so I cut a hole in a wall into the house and attached a 6 inch inline fan to draw air in to the grow room now the room is 5 degrees different then the whole house summer the temp out side is 90 plus only 72 in the tent
Winter 32 degrees or colder 78 with lights on
Works great

1 Like

I like the vent/hole in the door idea.

I wouldn’t worry about dialing the temp and humidity in perfect perfect. Sometimes you’ve got to roll with what you’ve got.

My temps fluctuate between 20-30C
My humidity fluctuates between 30-65%

Works fine for me.

3 Likes

Ya that looks good. If light is still coming through you can put a 90 degree elbow on the inside pointing down.

1 Like

What my room being an old cold cellar even on the hottest summer days it’s still mid 70s and that was the appeal of putting it there. I definitely dont need an air conditioner just need to control the humidity

1 Like

If you live in a humid area , bringing air in isn’t going to solve the humidity issue because your only going to bring in more fresh humid air. You will be at the mercy of Mother Nature and if I read it right , your in the northeast and it gets pretty humid here. Trust me I know.
Having Block walls isn’t helping either because it’s porous and holds moisture. I think your best bet is doing as the gentleman above said and build a small lung room and draw in dehumidified air OR, get a small AC.
Have you grown in that area yet in the summer ?

2 Likes

Well this little 100cfm $17 infinity with speed controller seemed to do the trick.

7 Likes

That’s good stoner engineering right there.
Efficient, low maint. and on budget :+1:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I love budget…

1 Like

that looks slick…where did you buy the fan…I need one badly
!7.00 bucks good deal

1 Like

Amazon…$17.00 and free shipping. Surprisingly it works great.

2 Likes