New Light selection

Quick question right now I am using a TS1000 and two 100w blurples. I have a room in my attic and a 3 x 3 tent. I have $250 - 350 to spend on another light. I am leaning towards the TSW2000 for $269 But I also really like the FC-3000

I could use some input on other lights in that range or stick with MH
Thanks and good day growmies

~Cannabisius~

3 Likes

Really depends on you. MH is tried and true but new LED’s work great. What’s the heat like in your attic? Can you benefit from the added heat of MH? If so stick with your MH. Hard to pick between those 2 Mars lights. Their site is usually painful. When I look them both up they are both 300 watts but they give you a par chart at 18 inches for the TS and 8, 10 and 12 inches for the FC series. Why they cannot give the same information for each light is beyond me. Either one would likely work well.

1 Like

I have 2 ts1000 and a 315 cmh and absolutely love it. Use your 5600k cmh bulb and it balances out to a really close to sunlight spectrum. Plus the uv boost of the cmh

1 Like

the FC-3000 is supposedly about 10% better than the TSW2000 actual measured efficiency wise though for $100ish more worth it … guess that’s on the person to decide both will work well for a 3x3

4 Likes

I have a tsl2000 and it’s been on 12 hours a day everyday for 16 months. I’m a fan.

Man there are do many led start ups out there I found a 1200 watt made with samsung diodes a thick ass aluminum heat shrink with a driver with a dimmer Bright as hell from parfactworks it was $72 from amazon what the hell I will try it out figure if it doesn’t work I can cannabize it and get a HLG board

Peace and stay safe

You gotta link to that light? Outa curiosity because i highly doubt its a 1200 watt light. The samsung diodes can not be purchased for that price on there own let a lone a whole fixture assembly.

It’s 120 watts. The 1000 is 100 watts.

2 Likes

Heres what im talking about @potdaddy4x4 advertised as 1000 watt. Actual draw is 110 watt.

1 Like

Here ya go specs

All I know seems to be working for me and the price was right

Peace and stay safe

1 Like

That thing will definitely grow plants man, no arguing that. 120 watts and a flowering footprint of 2x2. Sure it won’t grow out a 4x4 tent but for the price 4 of them in a 4x4 tent would likely do a decent job.

1 Like

I wasnt dogging you or the light. Just pointing out it was not a 1200 watt light. Its also not using the samsung lm301 series lights as the new mars fixtures are and most other quantum board knockoffs. Thats why its so cheap.

https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/grow-light-guide/mars-hydro-fc-3000-par-test-review/

This is why I got the Fc 3000 for my 3x3

2 Likes

The FC series look like great lights.

2 Likes

I like mine :wink:

PS. IF you buy one. There are in fact 2 ON switches to click, before it works. I found out the hard way…

3 Likes

I have looked at them but like my seed addiction I also have a thing for gear. I have a 1000watt MH/HPS selectable, a TS 600, A TS 1000 complete grow kit, 3 150 watt blurple and my HLG 600 Rspec with UV bar attachment. I have to resist buying more lights :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got the Fc3000. Because the DIY light I made and used for 3yrsz the wire got too hot and melted and shorted the driver. Too lazy to rebuild it.

Also buying one was likely safer lol

1 Like

Yea I’m really digging the FC I’ve been seeing some really nice yields coming from all of the Mars Hydro line (aka MH )

This is why I love OG… Thanks for all the responses.

2 Likes

i use cmh,lately to lower heat I got into QB’s leds tried spider farmers and dimgogo, dimgogo was about half the price of the spider farmers but recently saw where they made it look like some of there lights are a lot more watts then what they are, So I wont buy them anymore. If there lying about one thing, How do you know what else they are misrepresenting. Btw there is only like 20- 30 degrees different between my cmh and spider farmers, the cmh draw 363 watts and the SF only 104, so the saving heat thing is bs as well

1 Like

I suppose it depends on which lights. My HPS air cooled set at 600 watts kicks out much more heat than my HLG 600 Rspec. Not sure if it’s due to the larger heat sync they put on the 600 but there is a significant difference it heat between the 2. Can’t speak to all lights but can to the ones I have used personally.

1 Like