Wal-Mart LED...? Yes or no?

I borrowed my grandma’s MG to use it, and it was good too. I was probably like 17 or so… And there was nothing on cultivating marihuana, nothing. It was all trial and error for me…

EDIT: i burned god only knows how many plants…

Go to the FAQ @Seed413!

https://overgrow.com/c/growfaq

4 Likes

With any chemical fertilizer…less is always, always, more!

4 Likes

I have at a colleagues place been forced to use MG before and Tomorite. MG for veg and Tomorite for bloom, but when mixing I always used ec and ph pens to check how strong the solutions were and ph corrected. Believe it or not that was in a hydro grow too, and worked pretty dam well, they were just cheap ass penny pinchers on mass production, against my advice but it suprised me and the liquid tomorite is obviously for edible crops.

Edit, Tomatoes is the password in grow shops, they know what your doing and asking for, you know what your doing and asking for, but neither party gets insulted :wink:

4 Likes

@Seed413 just keep asking about anything you want to.

3 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1 Like

I vote for the same…

2 Likes

Well the LEDs seem to be doing a good job.

2 Likes

Great news :sunglasses:

1 Like

Don’t get mistaken by those “equivalents” watt. We discuss strictly real wattage (power consumption) and that is way lower. Otherwise we couldn’t compare between light sources.

What is the real one?

1 Like

People should start using PAR instead of watts, with COBS, that doesn’t even matter, only with LED’s. COB’s are incredibly efficient and economic. And this in not me talking…

@Seed413 i’m gad it’s working for you…

2 Likes

It is good to know the Actual Wattage becuase you need to know this as its the consumption of electricity from the plug. If you use extention leads, adapters, timers etc you need to know the load that you are pulling from each appliance for electrical saftey and fire prevention (watts and amps)

2 Likes

I meant in order to help the plant photosynthesize the light into buds…

Obviously security is paramount.

1 Like

Sorry me missunderstanding taking out of context again rofl, slap me now :laughing: @MadScientist

2 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I know where your heart is… Thanks man!

2 Likes

I agree, but the problem is that you can’t simply check PAR, on the other side manufacturers are obliged to list power consumption and we can easily check it with wattmeter ourselves…

2 Likes

I think old timers and old school fanatics stick to the HPS, only because we ussually are afraid of what we don;t know. But when you see the results people get with these cobs nowadays, HPS it’s reaching it’s limit.

Just like High Times advertises all the nutrients and that’s how they sell; all the manufacturers and warehouses full of HPS bulbs are worried people might not buy them, that’s it. Propaganda.

Just like oil and the middle east, the whole world could be run thru Ethanol (made of weed) but no, they need to sell what’s left of the supply, not to lose moeny or power…

More of the same.

2 Likes

I thought micromol was the future, umol.
http://www.parsource.com/content/light-unit-conversion-table

2 Likes

It is just like asking why we are still using old generation nuclear plants when Thorium is available as incredibly safe material…

Well… companies which have invested in current technologies do their best to create most profit on current scheme. It is easier and without risk. New technologies need to be tested and developed properly which cost incredible sums of money. They just don’t have so much motivation to work on it when current profits flow in as they are used to.

4 Likes

And we get raided for exercising free speech… Like ten years ago!

I’m reading this from top to bottom, when i’m done you can even quiz me… LOL

4 Likes