Water filters, need suggestions RO and regular

What purpose does the pump serve?

eh? we have a perpetual motion machine? last I heard it takes over 80 lbs of bladder pressure to get any product with RO system now some could be from the line but most aren’t going to give you over about 40 psi

BTW that’s a total of $260 and the replacement filters cost is the thing I was driving at anyway. When you run your tap you get charged a higher price for water going down the drain than what you use so that gallon of water costs at least 4 times that of a filtered gallon. The way to do it is cost per gallon.

BTW I used to install RO systems for Cuno and Aquapure.

1 Like

The pump only operates when the reservoir is less than full. You can hear a very distinct clicking noise when it is operating. The pump drive is plumbed to the waste water discharge line.

City water pressure here is normally maintained right around 60 psi. according to the guys at the city waterworks department. We get a double whack on our water cost. The city doubles the consumption charge as a sewage charge.

Although I can get all of the filtered water I want from our fridge, at $100 a pop for filters for it, filters for a RO system that sees less use (for my needs) would be cheaper in the long run. I’m not at all interested in having to lug all of that water down to the basement either as neither my knees or back are up to the task. In my case, putting a RO system in the basement seemed to be the best solution.

1 Like

this pump has no cord and no power input?

Nope. 100% water driven.

This is what I am curious about as well, anyone know? @Northern_Loki ?

I was using this one till I realized my water comes out at <50ppm it’s a bit slow but you can’t beat $60 for a 50gpd ro filter.

1 Like

Not bad at all. I was thinking about using the water from my dehumidifier or get one of these. The wife is gonna kill me if I spend more on my space lol. The rule was after initial setup any upgrades had to be paid for from the space. Since I lost 29 oz to mold last time I’m forbidden from spending anymore money.
I wouldn’t sell anything but that’s my nephew’s income so one stop and it’s family so less risk