Welcome To The Basement

Hello everybody. This thread here is my latest project. Currently in the process of building a new grow room in my basement. I have a room now but it is not my ideal space to work in. I’m in the middle of my second organic grow. Some experimentation involved. Some of the plants are growing in Roots Organic bag soil and some are growing in some coots mineral mix. 1/3 peat, 1/3 worm castings, 1/3 lava rock. Growing Jillybean by TGA, Bubba Kush by HSO, Green Crack by HSO, and a strain called Green Love Potion not sure on the breeder.

9 Likes

9 Likes

17 Likes

Nice, I love watching a good build! :popcorn:

1 Like

Welcome to OG, @hewhocoruptz!

I’m looking forward to seeing the construction!

Nice strain selection!

1 Like

Looking forward to see everything in motion

1 Like

Overgrow rules! Great thread, will be bookmarking it.

Very cool! Wish I had that kind of space :heart_eyes: ill be following along

1 Like

That is so exciting bro! I’m gonna pull up a chair and watch. Keep posting those pics man.

1 Like

Some compost tea brewing here. All I use for the tea is molasses and earth worm castings. 2 cups of castinga and I’m not exactly sure how much molasses I use. I top dress my plants with a dry nutrient mix then water in the tea.

7 Likes

Looks like some good stuff therefor your plants @hewhocoruptz! Do you produce your own worm castings?

I have a local source of bat guano. It’s there for the taking. Is bat guano too hot?

1 Like

Don’t know to much about bat guano but if there like any other flying mammals there urine is excreted along with there waste so I assume it would be high in nitrogen and would be considered hot!

1 Like

All guanos are gonna have different properties because of the diet of the mammal in question. But, i have a quick question. If one makes a guano tea, can i measure the ppm of said element in the water with my EC meter?

1 Like

Not too sure on measuring ppm. Never done it before. If your source of guano is dry you may want to consider making a simple tea like the one I was doing with just castings and molasses and then top dress in your guano before you water with your tea. My understanding of teas is that you are brewing for the purpose of creating microbes, from there the microbes consume the not plant available nutrients in the soil and what comes out as their waste is plant available nutrients. Feel free to chime in and correct me here.

5 Likes

That makes a lot of sense if you ask me bro!

2 Likes

I do not source my own castings yet. Maybe somewhere down the line I’ll do my own, seems like it’d be pretry fun to do.

1 Like

Tad Hussey from KIS Organics makes some really well done podcasts. Good information from people who really know their shit. Definitely worth checking out.

1 Like

Never used a ec meter or measured anything in ppm never had to when organic , my microbes do all the adjustments for me sorry I can’t help on this one @MadScientist! The only electronic device I’v put in my pots was a moisture meter a few times !

1 Like

The last Kis organics podcast on biochar was a good one! One ingredient I want to incorporate into my soil …, not sure if my homemade biochar is worthy yet!